What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Really like the GS White Birch with the Spring Drive.

BCF470H.png

https://www.grand-seiko.com/uk-en/collections/slga009g

And the Speedmaster 57 that was posted earlier, I'm a bit torn on what to pick. The GS just looks so elegant though.

QbakZ5m.jpeg

https://www.bankslyon.co.uk/omega-s...ometer-chronograph-40-5mm-332-10-41-51-01-001
I'm a big fan of GS, but the Omega would get my vote for being the more useful watch with the lume and 12hr stacked chronograph. If you don't think you'll use the chronograph or really need lume, then go for the GS.

Soldato
Associate
I've been hankering for a salmon dialed watch for awhile, and seeing as I also wanted a GMT... my excuse was set and I've ended up with an Alpina Startimer Pilot Heritage.

I find the movement quite interesting, it being an in house modification of a Sellita with a jumping hour hand for local time. I quite like that method for a GMT.

I know it won't hold much value but I feel it is a lot of watch for what I paid for it, so I'm happy!

ZpycM5y.jpg

7taxVJe.jpg

Man of Honour
Have to say the Black Bay Pro does look very very nice. I think I might just have to get one in the very near future.

B&J also showed some clips of the other BB range and they now have the glidelock system on the bracelets which is cool to see. Sounds like you can customise the BB 31, 36, 39 and 41 models too.

Soldato
Bought myself a Casio M5610 this week for gym/cycling/exercise duties, and probably sometimes daily duties as I'm wearing it today.

Bit of a step up from the F91W I used to have for the same reason as this, feels like a proper watch rather than a bit of a toy.

The Auto Receive and Power Saving functions are very impressive, I think I'd forgotten how impressive these G Shocks are!

Soldato
Have to say the Black Bay Pro does look very very nice. I think I might just have to get one in the very near future.

B&J also showed some clips of the other BB range and they now have the glidelock system on the bracelets which is cool to see. Sounds like you can customise the BB 31, 36, 39 and 41 models too.
Damnit I don’t need anymore watches :cry: keep telling myself this and new releases come out.

Associate
Looking at a new watch for my 40th later this year. I've shortlisted a few :
Black Bay 58 - like the styling but with the bezel wasn't aluminum as I'll be gutted when I scratch it.
Superocean Heritage - like this in the blue, movement seems solid, need to try on.
Omega Seamaster professional - grail watch but quite a lot more expensive than the other two.

I've already got a diamond stainless dial date-just so looking for something to compliment. Is there anything else else you think I've missed that might fit the bill?

Previously owned an SMP 300 from 2006 which I wish I'd held onto and a Bi Metal Sub with the blue alloy bezel - again I wish I could rewind and keep the pair of them.

:rolleyes:

Soldato
Really like the GS White Birch with the Spring Drive.

https://www.grand-seiko.com/uk-en/collections/slga009g

And the Speedmaster 57 that was posted earlier, I'm a bit torn on what to pick. The GS just looks so elegant though.

https://www.bankslyon.co.uk/omega-s...ometer-chronograph-40-5mm-332-10-41-51-01-001

Do you have another watch? I think the GS is beautiful and prefer this version as it moves the power meter to the back. But if it is a daily driver I think the lack of lume on the GS would be a bit frustrating from a practicality perspective which would push me towards the Omega.

Associate
Looking at a new watch for my 40th later this year. I've shortlisted a few :
Black Bay 58 - like the styling but with the bezel wasn't aluminum as I'll be gutted when I scratch it.

:rolleyes:

I wouldn't necessarily let that bother you. I've have the BB S&G for 4 years and it's pretty much been worn daily. The bezel is still pristine after this time, I suspect due to the very domed crystal which protects it from the odd knock. The scratches instead are all over the bracket and clasp!

I have had to have the crown replaced after a knock on a door handle which was frustrating but...

Back
Top Bottom