What watch do you wear?

Man of Honour
Said before but have to say once more, this dial...

dial_lowlightgloss.jpg

Also seen the new Tudor Ranger, it somehow looks incredibly uninspired/bland which I didn't think was possible given the classic aesthetic approach but from the bezel/case finish to the dial and hands, it just seems rather boring which is a shame.

Is is wrong that I really like the 2022 SuperOcean 36mm? The plus point from the previous version is that this now has no date but only comes in Orange, turquoise or white. I quite like the loudness of the Orange :cool:

W0UJ4Ig.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Is is wrong that I really like the 2022 SuperOcean 36mm? The plus point from the previous version is that this now has no date but only comes in Orange, turquoise or white. I quite like the loudness of the Orange :cool:

W0UJ4Ig.png
Saw one of those in store yesterday, that orange is something else. When it was in the bright sunlight it looked weird, like it had leaked from a cartoon universe into this universe. Was a bit small for my taste though.

Soldato
Thank you, I reckon 3 years since I put my name down with the AD and I had spend history with them which I reckon greased the wheels a bit too :)
Congrats :)
I'm going back to UK for Christmas and hoping to pick up a used GMT and claim the tax back. Used prices seem pretty universal but VAT is 20% compared to our 10% so if I can claim that back on the way out it will be a sweet deal. Only downside is the deal with the Mrs to get her a diamond ring at the same time. Rough with the smooth and all that!

dod

dod

Soldato
Looks like the moonswatch was a bit of a marketing success then. I'm a bit disappointed that they're still not available on line, there are two I'd really like, regardless of some of the opinions out there.

Soldato
Congrats :)
I'm going back to UK for Christmas and hoping to pick up a used GMT and claim the tax back. Used prices seem pretty universal but VAT is 20% compared to our 10% so if I can claim that back on the way out it will be a sweet deal. Only downside is the deal with the Mrs to get her a diamond ring at the same time. Rough with the smooth and all that!
If you're buying a used watch there's unlikely to be much/if any VAT on the purchase so you may not be able to get as much as a bargain.

Soldato
Looks like the moonswatch was a bit of a marketing success then. I'm a bit disappointed that they're still not available on line, there are two I'd really like, regardless of some of the opinions out there.

Didn't they say July/August for online sales ?

Soldato
Having used a Huawei Band 6 for a year, my wife wanted to pinch mine - so I've upgraded to a Huawei GT3.

Must say I'm impressed at the build quality and hardware you get for just over £100 - but it feels severely hampered by lack of google / wear OS apps. There's a really good number of free faces though, so lots to choose from.

Oh, and it retains my main annoyance with the Honor/Huawei bands. It's got every sport you could possibly imagine - except 'soccer/football'.

Not quite a Rolex. :p

GT3.jpg

Soldato
Having used a Huawei Band 6 for a year, my wife wanted to pinch mine - so I've upgraded to a Huawei GT3.

Must say I'm impressed at the build quality and hardware you get for just over £100 - but it feels severely hampered by lack of google / wear OS apps. There's a really good number of free faces though, so lots to choose from.

Oh, and it retains my main annoyance with the Honor/Huawei bands. It's got every sport you could possibly imagine - except 'soccer/football'.

Not quite a Rolex. :p

GT3.jpg
Is it me or does that seem unnecessarily complicated? The calendar icon for example seems like an information overload.

Associate
Speaking of compressor... bought that from Ali for... less than 60 quid shipped! Sapphire sandwich, Miyota movement, 200M water resistance. Screw down crown. Finish is /impeccable/ ! Rubber bracelet is super comfy. Amazing value really. They have 'quieter' colours, but I wanted a rather loud one really, I think it's a pretty cool 'tool' watch and seriously, for the money, what an incredible bargain!
For about 20 quid more, you can get your own 'brand' on the watch face and the rotor.
eHdAjsB.jpg

I ordered one of these after taking inspiration from this - how long did yours take to arrive?

Off on a family holiday in a couple of weeks and thought it's be ideal one to take rather than anything Id be annoyed about getting nicked/smashed. Little 'un finished primary school today so I'll pass it on to him on the last day as his starter automatic watch :)

Associate
Didn't they say July/August for online sales ?

The did originally then Hyek said ...

'Notably, Swatch is sticking to the same sales channel even after the launch. In a recent interview with the watch blog Fratello, the Swatch Group chief executive Nick Hayek ruled out online sales for the MoonSwatch. He explained this surprising revelation by saying: “There is no emotion in buying online. It’s a carefully crafted Swiss -made watch, not a commodity....'
Interesting ... You can buy Omega watches online right now from omega.com so that must be less carefully crafted than the plastic one...

Soldato
The did originally then Hyek said ...

'Notably, Swatch is sticking to the same sales channel even after the launch. In a recent interview with the watch blog Fratello, the Swatch Group chief executive Nick Hayek ruled out online sales for the MoonSwatch. He explained this surprising revelation by saying: “There is no emotion in buying online. It’s a carefully crafted Swiss -made watch, not a commodity....'
Interesting ... You can buy Omega watches online right now from omega.com so that must be less carefully crafted than the plastic one...
They know it's giving them constant free advertising and online sales would remove that as the physical queues would vanish.

Associate
Said before but have to say once more, this dial...

dial_lowlightgloss.jpg

Also seen the new Tudor Ranger, it somehow looks incredibly uninspired/bland which I didn't think was possible given the classic aesthetic approach but from the bezel/case finish to the dial and hands, it just seems rather boring which is a shame.

If you don’t have a product/inventory photography placement (in any industry I’ve seen your photos ini) in your portfolio there is a serious disservice occurring. You could take a picture of a dog poop and I’d have my wallet out ready to purchase throw some cash at the producer.

Back
Top Bottom