What watch do you wear?

Associate
jcHhXcTK2Km94YY2A
Still wearing the Timewalker

xOUpf63.jpg

BhpjgDe.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
I was offered a Rolex explorer last Friday and picked it up on Sunday from my local AD...

This is my first Rolex and I have to say, I'm pretty pleased with it.
Very nice! Can you say what size it is, I assume 40 inches (unless I am misjudging the size of your wrist)?

I have the 36mm on order, I have a ~7" and wrist decided to get the smaller version for a true classically sizes stealth watch that would fly under the radar at any occasion. I will likely need to wait 1-2 years though due to the popularity.

Last edited:
Associate
Very nice! Can you say what size it is, I assume 40 inches (unless I am misjudging the size of your wrist)?

I have the 36mm on order, I have a ~7" and wrist decided to get the smaller version for a true classically sizes stealth watch that would fly under the radar at any occasion. I will likely need to wait 1-2 years though due to the popularity.

Mine is the 40mm. I am registered for a few models with my AD, mainly the Submariner Date and Yacht-Master. I rang them to ask how long the wait is for a Datejust (they said 3-4 months) and that’s when they offered me the Explorer. Offered it on a Friday, picked it up on the Sunday.

I’d be surprised if you have to wait 1-2 years though.

Caporegime
Mine is the 40mm. I am registered for a few models with my AD, mainly the Submariner Date and Yacht-Master. I rang them to ask how long the wait is for a Datejust (they said 3-4 months) and that’s when they offered me the Explorer. Offered it on a Friday, picked it up on the Sunday.

I’d be surprised if you have to wait 1-2 years though.
I waited exactly 2 years for my Sky Dweller (white dial) and I had no previous purchase history, so now that I have it then you may be right that it could be les than a year. However, with Rolex AD shennanigans I always expect the worst. :D

The 40mm is really nice but looks too similar to my OP 39mm (white dial) so I want the 36mm for a more classic size. The Longines Hydroconquest was my first real watch so getting what it is based on seems like a logical step for something I will enjoy to look at for many years. :)

Last edited:
Associate
I waited exactly 2 years for my Sky Dweller (white dial) and I had no previous purchase history, so now that I have it then you may be right that it could be les than a year. However, with Rolex AD shennanigans I always expect the worst. :D

The 40mm is really nice but looks too similar to my OP 39mm (white dial) so I want the 36mm for a more classic size. The Longines Hydroconquest was my first real watch so getting what it is based on seems like a logical step for something I will enjoy to look at for many years. :)

Well if you believe what's being said online, the market is apparently cooling due to interest rates and less disposable income etc. I've read a lot of AD horror stories, but the two I dealt with were really good. Fingers crossed for a short wait for you.

Associate
G-Shocks aren't for me but I'm so glad they exist - the engineering is amazing!
I wear a Samsung Galaxy Watch 4, so much better than the Huawei Watch 2 I had before it

Associate
I have a little bit of a thing for g-shocks. I currently own three and I'm looking to add another two or three to the collection.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom