• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: What will be your 3 main factors for deciding on your next GPU?

What will be your 3 main deciding factors for your next gpu (ignoring external factors)?

• Total voters
No store is less important though this time around as Nvidia's cheapest next gen card will be £1267. Last time the £649 3080 was the card of choice.

True, however, the 7900xtx is going to be costing in the same band according to gibbo and that's only if pound doesn't drop and for black Friday deals so prices outside of black Friday will likely put it much closer to 4080 pricing.

7900 XTX reference at $999 with AIB reference around £1049-£1099 and custom cards around £1199-1299

Of course the 4080 could also come in more expensive too.....

It will probably come down to the same as rDNA 2 and ampere situation i.e. how much you value RT or raster or things like the feature set on offer. This time amd have fsr 2 so I suspect RT won't hold as much strength as it did with the rDNA 2/ampere launch.

This is complete rubbish, value for money still matters even if someone is an enthusiast. Also the difference between a 7900 XTX and 4090 isn't "another couple/few hundred", it's £600+.

Read some of the threads on here, some want the best no matter what, people upgrade from top end hardware even when there is no need for an upgrade. Pc gaming as a hobby is actually pretty cheap when you compare it to many other hobbies.....

I am one who considers myself an enthusiast and cares about bang per buck too hence why I am not considering either amd or Nvidia new GPUs.

Ps. I am also referring to rDNA 3/7900xtx competitor which is the 4080 as per amds own words.....

Last edited:
Read some of the threads on here, some want the best no matter what, people upgrade from top end hardware even when there is no need for an upgrade. Pc gaming as a hobby is actually pretty cheap when you compare it to many other hobbies.....

I am one who considers myself an enthusiast and cares about bang per buck too hence why I am not considering either amd or Nvidia new GPUs.

Ps. I am also referring to rDNA 3/7900xtx competitor which is the 4080 as per amds own words.....
Well I for one would be willing to spend £1k on a GPU but not £1.7k. If as per AMD's own words the 7900 XTX is 50-70% faster than a 6950 XT, then it will be much closer in performance to the 4090 than the 4080.

Last edited:
No store is less important though this time around as Nvidia's cheapest next gen card will be £1267. Last time the £649 3080 was the card of choice.

I doubt Nvidia's cheapest next gen card - the unannounced RTX 4050? will cost £1267.

Also according to the steam survey, the card of choice last time was the 3060, followed by the 3070 in 2nd place and the 3060 Ti in 3rd place.

This is complete rubbish, value for money still matters even if someone is an enthusiast. Also the difference between a 7900 XTX and 4090 isn't "another couple/few hundred", it's £600+.

It's not rubbish because the 3090 has more market share than anything AMD released. Have a look at the Steam GPU survey and see for yourself.

Not even the 6600 and 6600 XT could touch the 3090 in sales. That's crazy.

Last edited:
It's not rubbish because the 3090 has more market share than anything AMD released. Have a look at the Steam GPU survey and see for yourself.

Not even the 6600 and 6600 XT could touch the 3090 in sales. That's crazy.
It's not the same situation at all though. For a long time the 3000 series were money printers which increased demand a lot. AMD has almost caught up with DLSS which was a big selling point. We're now in a cost of living crisis so people will be less willing to waste money on poor value products.

Take a look at the 4090 page, less than a month since release and stock is plentiful. The 3090 sold out in minutes for the first year and a half.

Last edited:
It's not the same situation at all though. For a long time the 3000 series were money printers which increased demand a lot. AMD has almost caught up with DLSS which was a big selling point. We're now in a cost of living crisis so people will be less willing to waste money on poor value products.

Take a look at the 4090 page, less than a month since release and stock is plentiful. The 3090 sold out in minutes for the first year and a half.

Wow. Your stock situation is better than the US right now.

In order for me as well
  1. Rasterisation Performance
  2. Power Consumption & Efficiency
  3. VRAM
The other parts are completely irrelevant to myself because I game but don't stream or anything and I like using Native resolution etc, although DLSS 2.0 was pretty solid but it isn't critical. And I am not bothered by RT because no game I play uses it at all and even if a game does just shadows I am not bothered. When most games are doing full shadow/reflections and GI then I will be interested.

This poll should be a real eye opener to those few forum posters that keep pedaling the same recycled responses against AMD 6000/7000 series cards. Look at the top 3 "wants". Power efficiency, rasterisation performance and VRAM. Now which brand would we say covers those three areas nicely, and which one does not. Can't make it any clearer than that. I think the poll needs another option though, value for money (unless that is classed as an external factor). Ta.

Poll makes sense. Nvidia had the best rasterisation performance and most VRAM with the 3090. That is why they won the last generation.

3090 sold more than cards like the 6600 XT or 6700 XT.

Am I doing it right?

If VRAM really mattered the 3070 and 3060 Ti wouldn't be the 7th and 9th most popular card. The same people who pipe on about VRAM will then tell you how 4K isn't important.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom