What's the best supermarket sausage?

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
[DOD]Asprilla;13977440 said:
Ah, my mates in Beckenham call it London rather than Kent. Thought you'd moved.
But-but-but, they have a Kent post code :D

Debbie & andrews harrogate 97% pork sausages are my fav, really lean and think they are glutin free aswell
Ooo yes forgot about them. Don't remember them being that high meat content but they were very very good.

I absolutely love the Sainsburys taste the difference Tolouse sausages and the honey and mustard ones are good too.
Mmmmm, have you tried a real Toulouse sausage from a French supermarket? Completely different. Garlic yes, but they are smoky with paprika I think. Get them every year we go camping at Lemans and load the barbeque up for lunch!

Soldato
Wasn't it on season 1 of the F word where they tested all the supermarket sausages for real pork content and stuff?

Might be a different program

taB

taB

Associate
but nothing beats Newmarket Sausages (Waitrose)

Are those Powters'? I think they're more widely available - can get them in Tescos around Cambridge too. In Newmarket there are two butchers; I definately prefer Eric Tennant's special sausages over the Powters' ones

Soldato
We have a Farmers Market every 2 weeks in the village which I stock up on their sausages. Literally zero fat and none of these preservatives. Very tasty and worth a trip to if there is one around your area.

For Supermarket sausages, we get the Morrisons Finest Pork & Leek or Cumberland. Not bad at 2 packs for £5.

Caporegime
the ones with the highest meat content are the best, which when it comes to supermarket sauages is actually shockingly low.

some program recently went around investigating supermarket own brand stuff, i cant remember whos had the highest meat content though

Man of Honour
I like Tesco Finest range. Their Pork and Leek/Apple sausages are a really good everyday sausage. I have butcher near me that has award winning sausages, but they're for special occasions only.

I refuse to buy any sausages with below 70% pork content.

Man of Honour
sainsburys taste the different chilli and something.

although you can't beat my butchers Venison and red pepper sausages. which come in at almsot identical prices to the supermarket premium ranges.

Associate
My favorite sausage has to be Asda's own pork and apple sausages. They taste great and work in every meal I've tried them with. Can't ask for more really :cool:

Soldato
I don't like their Taste the Difference ones. Here there isn't enough fat in my opinion and the snag makes a dry unpleasant fry-up.

I love the Sainsburys ones, but I always grill sausages rather than fry. It's better for you, (better being relative when you are talking about sausages though!) and I simply don't like the taste of fried sausages, makes me feel quite nauseous.

bum

bum

Associate
Is there a sasuage that does not have high amount of fat in it and doesn't taste like crap?

I agree the best sasuages has high fat content but is there any alternative?

Back
Top Bottom