What's your (most tenuous) claim to fame?

Associate
I worked at Omega Sektor in Birmingham during the Championship Gaming Series. Had an opportunity to meet and play against Fatal1ty at Quake 3, nearly kicked his ass too!

Also was took on holiday by my mates family to St Tropez and on a beach called Club 25 (or club 21 I cant remember) I saw Bono at the bar on the beach, never spoke to him though.

Soldato
Just remembered....
in '96 i honeymooned in Jamaica and subathed about 8ft from Pierce Brosnan. Think that was the height of his 007 fame as well.
His mrs was fit as! :)
An recent X-Factor finalist regularly turns up at our office as she has started a music company with my boss. She is also as fit as... :)
The year Will Young won pop idol, my friends lil sister was on the same TV final as Will and she was focussed on cos she knelt down and cried in front of camera when told she was through to the next round. She's quite fit too. :)

Associate
I sold James Corden a phone back in his "you've been tango'd days". Tom Baker as well, manager had to point out who he was.

Bumped into Jim Davidson at earls court

Was sat at the next table over from Peter Jones at TGI's

I also see Pauline Quirks face a lot on the back of buses round this way advertising her academy, that counts right?

Soldato
I once saw Steve Cotterill (current Bristol City manager) walking around in Cheltenham town centre doing some shopping on his own. I think he was managing Stoke City at the time, not long after he'd left Cheltenham Town.

Soldato
I keep getting family pictures from one of the members of the who popping up on Facebook. Turns out a girl I went to uni with is daughter to one of them.

I once saw myself on 2 different TV channels within 5 minutes of each other.

Associate
Ming Na-Wen of marvels agents of SHIELD fame, follows me on twitter.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001840/?ref_=nv_sr_1

She did a 'thing' a while back that she was going to follow the first 20 random people who gave a good reason she should follow them, I tweeted to her I liked her character on ER and was a fan of final fantasy:the spirits within, and agents of shield.

Can't get much more tenuous than that ?

Soldato
I have what some would consider some fairly decent ones.. but tenuous yes that too.

Probably that the years that I've worked in the film industry working on a lot of blockbuster movies, the only credit I've managed to get is on Madonna's horrendous film from a few years back called W.E :(

Soldato
I kissed a spice girl.

I had to follow Victoria Beckham (and David) round Harvey Nichols when I did security there. One of the fangurls from the hairdressers on the 4th floor tried to run up and get her autograph. He got almost clotheslined out the way by me and Big Ronnie.

(The first rule of looking after the Beckhams was no autographs!)

Soldato
Met Barry Sheene back in the 70s and again in the early 80s.
Then 3 years ago his wife Stephanie McLean(Penthouse Pet of the Month for April 1970 and Pet of the Year in 1971)
liked some of my pictures and started following me on Instagram.

I'm in the background on some of the shots filmed for the 70s film Silver dream racer, when they filmed at Donington park.
I can also be seen in the old motorcycle TV series called Kickstart, which again was filmed at Donington park in the 70s.

Last edited:
Associate
It's great how most of these are pretty tenuous, and then on top of that I've got no idea who the famous person is. A-grade work.

Back
Top Bottom