What's your (most tenuous) claim to fame?

Soldato
I was on Crackerjack on the TV, I was on Town and Around, a local news channel when they came to film the children's home I was in. But my main claim was appearing in a Weetabix advert, had a chauffer driven car and everything. I was 14 at the time. Heady days indeed.

Associate
Oh I actually forgot.

Lily Cole was in my year at 6th form.

People were quite mean occasionally, I remember her being called alien foetus head when her picture was in the Metro once. Harsh.

Associate
I'm related to Frank Bruno via my nans cousins daughter or something like that (though they may be divorced now!).

My dad used to deliver papers to Fred fred Dinenage's house. He also met impressionist Rory Bremner in a couple of random pubs whist out on rambles.

I used to work with a guy who volunteered at Jackie Chan's official fan magazine, he met and had dinner with him a few times.

My mum met Alan Ball at a tube station in London.

I've shaken Dave Gorman's hand, who incidentally shares a name with a mates grandfather, who was part of the famous Dave's book Are You Dave Gorman?

Soldato
My nephews go to school with Robbie William's children and Andrew Lincoln's (Rick Walking Dead, Love Actually). Oh and Gary Numan will be at my cousins wedding as he is partners with her husband to be.

Soldato
Geoff Capes offered me a rather large sum for one of my budgies which had just won best in show at some Queens jubilee bird show, I was pretty young then and refused him lol :D

My sister was rescued by Jason Donavon at a local radio 1 gig thing as the crowd were crushing and she was in the front. He took her to his dressing room and came and got my parents.

A friend I grew up with and lived next door to him for 25 years is the Beckham lookalike who has a new show on Channel 4 and was Beckham in the film bend it like Beckham (I agree he doesn't look like him in the program but it some photo's he really does)

Soldato
Was asked NOT to take Rod Stewarts photo once when in a restaurant.

That's pretty much the only famous encounter I can think of.

Were you about to take a photograph and somebody asked you to stop, or did someone go around the tables and ask people not to take snaps?

Soldato
I've actually met Jimmy Savile. No, he did not have his way with me.

I'm in a music video for a relatively famous metal band.

When I was in uni I worked a catering job and we did a party for someone from Hollyoaks' birthday and there was a load of C list celebs there, including the Sugababes.

Associate
My great aunt is Pauline Kinder, founder of secret world and quite prominent in the anti-badger cull. Who happens to have be close friends with the late Terry Pratchett.

Met Tom Baker in a Waitrose.

My aunt married the backing band bassist for Sinead O'Çonnor who started off in the punk band conflict.

My Saffire Pro 40 interface belonged to Carey Willets of Athlete and it was used to record their double platinum album.

Met Paul Mccartney in the "traditional name for a rooster" Inn, Peasmarsh

Back
Top Bottom