What's your personal GOAT ? (Game of all time)

Associate
I have a few for different platofrms.

PS1 - Metal gear solid, i remember having it on a demo disc and played through it many times until i finally got the game and i think its the only game i have replayed 10+ times all the way through.

PC Online gaming- 3 games, Delta force 2 & Delta Force Black Hawk down, i played the crap out of these online and joined a clan and played matches, which was extremely fun and look back on them days fondly, still great friends with a few people 15 years later! And of course WoW Vanilla, nothing quite like it back in the day and i remember my first raiding experiences with 40 people, what a time that was!
Are we the same person?

Soldato
Frostpunk and Dying Light (the first one), had soo many hours out of both those games, i can stop playing for 6 months and go back to them and mostly experience most of the same enjoyment all over again (no experience is ever the same as the first time around).

Soldato
World of Warcraft up to wrath of the litch king - I still remember my first time in Elwyn Forest - I had beers, freedom and as much time as I wanted - think I eventually crashed at 5am lol what an experience that was

Associate
Already voted but quietly delighted to see so many others went with ut99.
I fully appreciate they couldn't say no to the money fortnite (while not my cup of tea) made, but I feel like leaving the new UT they were working on in limbo like that was dirty

Associate
For all of its flaws and issues, PUBG is probably my most enjoyed and most time I've sunk into a game. Could also have something to do with the squads of people involved in also.

Soldato
still elite dangerous for me (I would likely have gone for the original elite or elite 2 Frontier but for VR)
. which is odd as I think the game has took a huge.wrong turn and will never reach its potential outlined in KSer / DDF but those 1st 5 years I had in the game were unrivaled , in VR it was (and still is ) incredible.

so it's my GOAT but as the same time also a shadow of what it could have been

Soldato
Frontier: Elite 2 on the Amiga
The whole vastness of a full galaxy where you can travel to any star system. Simple mechanics - pick up and deliver, assassinate, smuggle, gain rep with just a few factions. Much simpler compared to Elite dangerous, too much to do in that game, much like what WoW has become. Speaking of WoW, that is very, very close to my top spot.

Soldato
Frontier: Elite 2 on the Amiga
The whole vastness of a full galaxy where you can travel to any star system. Simple mechanics - pick up and deliver, assassinate, smuggle, gain rep with just a few factions. Much simpler compared to Elite dangerous, too much to do in that game, much like what WoW has become. Speaking of WoW, that is very, very close to my top spot.
to be fair you can ignore a lot of the stuff in ED and play it just like Frontier. the only thing you can't really do is fight thargoids as that needs special weapons but other than that all the extra stuff like engineering can be ignored so long as you don't want to PvP. all engineering do is allow you to melt NPC's faster.... but they are beatable without

indeed one of my irks with ED is that so much of the content is ignorable. it's like a series of features many of which are not really meshed together

Soldato
to be fair you can ignore a lot of the stuff in ED and play it just like Frontier. the only thing you can't really do is fight thargoids as that needs special weapons but other than that all the extra stuff like engineering can be ignored so long as you don't want to PvP. all engineering do is allow you to melt NPC's faster.... but they are beatable without

indeed one of my irks with ED is that so much of the content is ignorable. it's like a series of features many of which are not really meshed together
OK, thats something I didn't know. I purchased ED on release and gave it about 6 months. I check up on the content every now and then but not actually played it since those 6 months at the start. Can I still play it solo with out any other real players? If I can I may give it another go. I did like playing it but all the added stuff made me not want to as I said, too much.

Back
Top Bottom