What's your weekly flutter?

Soldato
Got to wait for certain that the tickets a winner. I would do the same.

Wouldn’t spend a penny until I knew 100% it was valid and a winner.

Definitely valid & I've even had a copy of the annuity proposal emailed to me yesterday from Camelot's broker ahead of signing on Thursday :)

Yet I agree, I'll believe it when the money starts hitting my account.

Permabanned
Definitely valid & I've even had a copy of the annuity proposal emailed to me yesterday from Camelot's broker ahead of signing on Thursday :)

Yet I agree, I'll believe it when the money starts hitting my account.

When you start getting it you will be still thinking it’s not real. What I would do personally is let it sit there for like 6-12 months so it builds up. Then start to invest so I’m getting another return. Then what you do is live off that return so it feels like it’s never going down no matter how much you spend.

There’s many ways. I would be looking personally into investing in stuff as well as trying to start a business somewhere and I would do it with someone I initially trust to do it properly.

This is just my personal opinion doesn’t mean someone else would.

Soldato
With a set for life I’d probably keep working for a while and use the money to overpay mortgage, pay a pension and use for holidays.

Pretty dull really but I’d imagine feeling more normal and fulfilled that way.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Soldato
With a set for life I’d probably keep working for a while and use the money to overpay mortgage, pay a pension and use for holidays.

Pretty dull really but I’d imagine feeling more normal and fulfilled that way.

Same, the first year or two hardly anything would change. But I would retire after the 3rd year

Reactions: SPG
Soldato
As soon as I learned what compound interest was, I stopped playing any kind of lottery. Even just using premium bonds which you aren't likely to win on is a better investment than any lottery - there's still a (very small) chance of winning £1m, and the money isn't gone when you inevitably don't win, it's still sat there.

Last edited:
Soldato
You say that, but the first person to micro manage or give me grief and I'm throwing the table over :D
Oh without a doubt, but I'm lucky I'm in a role where my managers are all remote and barely speak to me because I do a decent job, I'm literally my own boss. As long as I'm left alone I'll keep working. But after 6 months I'd say any tolerance for BS is on the floor and I'd walk for the smallest of reasons (although in my job that'll be unlikely)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom