What's your weekly flutter?

Soldato
I've been using the same Euro Million numbers for the last 7 years.

They have me by the short and curlys, the minute I cancel my DD or choose different numbers my orignal set of numbers will all drop in. :(
That’s what happened to a friend’s parents, with Lotto. All of household came down with flu, including my friend and brother who were in their early 20s (around 2004). No one available to buy tickets. Numbers came up and they would have been the only jackpot winner as draw in question rolled over.

They have chosen different numbers now. Some flipped, some doubled plus new house number

Permabanned
That’s what happened to a friend’s parents, with Lotto. All of household came down with flu, including my friend and brother who were in their early 20s (around 2004). No one available to buy tickets. Numbers came up and they would have been the only jackpot winner as draw in question rolled over.

They have chosen different numbers now. Some flipped, some doubled plus new house number
Yeh ok

Permabanned

My numbers come up last week. I didn't put it on.

Soldato

That's why i always do a lucky dip, numbers change every week so no chance of that kind of thing ever happening

Permabanned
Oh without a doubt, but I'm lucky I'm in a role where my managers are all remote and barely speak to me because I do a decent job, I'm literally my own boss. As long as I'm left alone I'll keep working. But after 6 months I'd say any tolerance for BS is on the floor and I'd walk for the smallest of reasons (although in my job that'll be unlikely)

Does your boss know you are sitting on over lockers while working? :cry:

Soldato
That's why i always do a lucky dip, numbers change every week so no chance of that kind of thing ever happening
Also people thought they were ‘clever’ doing a line with multiples of 7. About 6 years ago, five of these numbers came up. Guess how much these people who had 5 numbers? £15!

I reckon the same would have happened with square numbers 4, 9, 16, 25, 36 and 49.

I always do lucky dips. When just one ticket wins the jackpot, I guess it’s a lucky dip. Esp if there’s a 25 gap between numbers

Permabanned
I have only just seen that you have had a lot of luck, my congratulations to you!

I'd be curious to see whether the usual problems bemoaned about in the tread about lonely straight men apply if you mention your stroke of luck on a dating site, and whether the women would then be as fussy as to your, height, weight, age and whether you have manly good looks? Or if the win may make them somewhat more magnanimous towrds you? (Not that I am implying you aren't six foot six, athletic, mid twenties and singularly good looking of course! You may not be single, but you get my drift) ;)

Soldato
Also people thought they were ‘clever’ doing a line with multiples of 7. About 6 years ago, five of these numbers came up. Guess how much these people who had 5 numbers? £15!

I reckon the same would have happened with square numbers 4, 9, 16, 25, 36 and 49.

I always do lucky dips. When just one ticket wins the jackpot, I guess it’s a lucky dip. Esp if there’s a 25 gap between numbers
They say it's common with numbers 1-31 to have more winners, with people choosing birthdays, etc.

Soldato
I’ve always thought physical scratch cards are probably the best bet (at least, as far as Lottery products go).

They start at fixed odds which in theory should improve as more tickets are bought around the country. Unlike the online scratch cards, in which each game has the same odds. And the jackpot odds for scratch cards are better than the ball-draw games from the outset. Ok, it’s still in the 1:4m range but better than 1:140m or whatever it is for the Euromillions.

Now, a £5 scratch card might only net £1m jackpot vs two chances of £100m+ for the Euros at £2.50, but the odds are better (even if they are still stupidly long).

Soldato
I’ve always thought physical scratch cards are probably the best bet (at least, as far as Lottery products go).

They start at fixed odds which in theory should improve as more tickets are bought around the country. Unlike the online scratch cards, in which each game has the same odds. And the jackpot odds for scratch cards are better than the ball-draw games from the outset. Ok, it’s still in the 1:4m range but better than 1:140m or whatever it is for the Euromillions.

Now, a £5 scratch card might only net £1m jackpot vs two chances of £100m+ for the Euros at £2.50, but the odds are better (even if they are still stupidly long).
One thing I don’t get are people buying the £1 £100k scratchcards. I have only paid out a max of £10 to customers on this card and previous £100k cards. Yet on the other £1 cards, have paid out £77 to a customer on a card called £7777.

The odds on scratchcards are around 1 in 4.3 for £1 cards and 1 in 3.4 for £5 cards. A £1 card pack has 180 cards. So has 41-43 winning cards. Most would be £1 and £2 wins.

If you work in the kiosk for 20 hours a week, then you get to know more knowledge from customers’ use.

Soldato
Couldn’t have happened to a nicer person. I would personally still work part time if I won.

I'm carrying on in my current full time job for the time being but I'll be assessing it soon maybe after Christmas. Definitely want just a part time job going forward so I get the best of both worlds.

Associate
@LeeUK - massive congrats, definitely time to retire the sandy bridge rig :) and yeah I'd definitely still want to do something with my time to keep me sane, but it gives you freedom to do whatever the hell makes you feel fulfilled, even if it's not much of an earner!

Enjoy your 'new' life and hope to see you in the 'stuff I bought' thread!

Edit: and move on to a supported OS before you're online banking gets compromised ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom