What's your weekly flutter?

Caporegime
Thats why you rent out via a decent rental firm. Or you can rent via councils that then pretty much pay for the upkeep too. Might be slightly below Market but no hassle

I do know someone who did something like that, he had a few houses and one was rented out to some disabled/special needs types via the council, apparently, they'd trash it all the time. He didn't mind at all as the council paid the rent and took care of all the damage etc.

I'd echo the thoughts of others in the thread though, BTL seems like a faff, I know some people who've done it but meh.

Commercial property is a bit different though, one friend bought a big building and set up his office there, rented the rest of it out as serviced offices & coworking space. another friend is considering something similar with a unit he has.

One friend of a friend had a bit of capital and got into small retail units, he's the landlord in some locations for the small stores of a big UK supermarket chain, it's rather unlikely they're going to go bust, supermarkets are kinda recession proof and they're likely going to be staying with him for years. He's not got to deal with any faff re: the boiler breaking, mold etc. rather the tenant is responsible for basically everything day to day and just pays him rent.

Soldato
Did you sleep much the night after finding out that you won Lee?

Actually I slept quite well although I didn't go to bed until quite late. I was off work sick with anxiety the past few weeks (also hence why I hadn't been on here in over a month) and winning has kind of settled it a bit what with the new found financial security.

Last edited:
Associate
Actually I slept quite well although I didn't go to bed until quite late. I was off work sick with anxiety the past few weeks (also hence why I hadn't been on here in over a month) and winning has kind of settled it a bit what with the new found financial security.

Good to hear. :)

It must have been awesome when you woke up in the morning. I tend to take a few seconds to recall who I am and what day it is. But to wake up and remember that you have won the lottery would have been quite something.

Last edited:

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Please post on how you got on with all the hookers and substances not to be mentioned when you go to Vegas !!!

:)

Edit.

If you wish for further help on what not to spend your winnings on feel free to ask for advice :) I am sure we can come up with lots of stuff (Buying houses and stupid cars is Boring is not fun or required)

Oh and please go skiing in the UK mid summer in Chile and post pics :)

Last edited:
Consigliere
@LeeUK - Huge congratulations! It is something I dream about too often. :o

After reading your recent posts, it feels like you are a deserved and worthy winner. :)

Looking forward (openly envious :D) to hearing updates.

I am praying I win the £1m on Premium Bonds...seem to be very lucky with them so we'll see.

Last edited:

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Funny how knowing someone winning in proxy makes you feel like throwing a few quid at the lottery. I stuck a ticket on the Euromillions last Friday with the 20 guaranteed UK millionaires but stopped playing regularly a while ago after really adopting a more frugal lifestyle.

I get paid on the 15th every month (job not lottery, sadly) and have finally got used to it after 2 years. The 28th always felt just right to me. When I was living wage to wage, getting paid the last working day of the month felt like torture sometimes.

Soldato
Pay day next Monday when second load drops :cool:

Hey man congrats, I don't care too much about money since I have enough savings to mostly buy whatever I'd like but £10,000 a month without having to go to work gives you the freedom to do whatever you want, go travel and see the world, enjoy.

Also I don't gamble but you definitely made me consider it now :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Funny how knowing someone winning in proxy makes you feel like throwing a few quid at the lottery. I stuck a ticket on the Euromillions last Friday with the 20 guaranteed UK millionaires but stopped playing regularly a while ago after really adopting a more frugal lifestyle.

I get paid on the 15th every month (job not lottery, sadly) and have finally got used to it after 2 years. The 28th always felt just right to me. When I was living wage to wage, getting paid the last working day of the month felt like torture sometimes.

I didn't play the lottery religiously every draw or every week even. I was just lucky that I put it on at the right time. I only usually play SFL and Thunderball, hardly ever put Lotto or EuroMillions on but if I had remembered about the 20 guaranteed UK millionaires I would have put it on last Friday. :D

I get paid weekly on a Thursday for the previous weeks work in my full time job, well I did until I jacked it in. I actually quite liked getting paid weekly as there was no "countdown" to pay day sort of speak as you knew you were getting a wedge every week. Coincidentally in my new part time job I've taken on I also get paid weekly on a Thursday too.

Hey man congrats, I don't care too much about money since I have enough savings to mostly buy whatever I'd like but £10,000 a month without having to go to work gives you the freedom to do whatever you want, go travel and see the world, enjoy

Thanks, still haven't made any real plans yet. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom