What's your weekly flutter?

Soldato
Just caught up on the thread after seeing it mentioned in another thread, congrats mate!

What's the new part time job if you don't mind saying?

I've always dreamt of winning big and just working in a garden centre for free watering the plants :cry:

Working in a 18+ slot machine amusements. It's very boring and I plan to jack this in before Xmas too and just become a gentleman of leisure for a while. :)

Soldato
Other than the odd person who ends up and addict and gets in all sorts of problems, and let's face it they are very much the minority, I have absolutely nothing against gambling.

I don't personally don't anymore, not because I had any sort of issue but I literally never won anything so decided it was pointless.

It's that minority that gives the gambling companies their huge profits. Far more of their profit comes from problem gamblers, than the average joe bloggs.

Well I'm retired now, and I'm totally happy to never have to work again, ever.

It's great going to bed whenever I like and not have to worry about sleeping in and being late for work!

I can keep busy enough, trying to find lots of things not to do! :p

I've never understood big lottery winners still staying on in work.

Different strokes, different folks, I guess.

Did you win the lottery or just retire from work due to age?

Yep the annuity pay day is set at the 14th every month.

Did you buy anything big with the first 10k? You ok to say what you did with the first lottery win payment? or not, totally understand if you'd keep your business to yorrself?

I won £5 on set for life last night. So I'm set for free lunch today :p

Caporegime
Congratulations on the win @LeeUK , I hope you’ll find it won’t change you too much.

Be careful about who you tell in the real world, I say this as I know a guy who won £8m back in 2007 on the lottery, whilst he’s kept his feet well & truly in the ground,he’s still in the same house, still drives trucks, working nights (!) he told his family and despite settling his kids mortgages and clearing a few other debts, he now no longer speaks to any of his family bar his mum & brother, everyone else has just seen him as a piggy bank.

It’s a shame, he’s still the same guy, it’s not changed him at all but, it has certainly changed those close to him who know of his then new found wealth.

His one true extravagance is a month long cruise each year, to look at him you’d never once think he’s a millionaire!

Good luck with it. :)

Soldato
Did you buy anything big with the first 10k? You ok to say what you did with the first lottery win payment? or not, totally understand if you'd keep your business to yorrself?

I won £5 on set for life last night. So I'm set for free lunch today :p

First payment is still sitting in my bank account. Not spent anything yet. :cool:

Soldato
Congratulations on the win @LeeUK , I hope you’ll find it won’t change you too much.

Be careful about who you tell in the real world, I say this as I know a guy who won £8m back in 2007 on the lottery, whilst he’s kept his feet well & truly in the ground,he’s still in the same house, still drives trucks, working nights (!) he told his family and despite settling his kids mortgages and clearing a few other debts, he now no longer speaks to any of his family bar his mum & brother, everyone else has just seen him as a piggy bank.

It’s a shame, he’s still the same guy, it’s not changed him at all but, it has certainly changed those close to him who know of his then new found wealth.

His one true extravagance is a month long cruise each year, to look at him you’d never once think he’s a millionaire!

Good luck with it. :)

I few people know who have also gone on to tell other people but basically it's on a need to know basis as I haven't been telling everyone I meet.

No beggers yet but even if someone did ask I'll just say to them I've spent this months payment already sorry can't help :D

Man of Honour
I few people know who have also gone on to tell other people but basically it's on a need to know basis as I haven't been telling everyone I meet.

No beggers yet but even if someone did ask I'll just say to them I've spent this months payment already sorry can't help :D

I'm so pleased for you buddy, it's great to hear someone getting good news as things have been really tough here...
my great great great great great great grandmothers grandmother in hospital and without £2,000 paid into my paypal account for her operation there's a 3% chance she might die :(

Caporegime
Imagine winning £8m and still doing nightshifts in a truck
I know, but, as he says, he was happy doing it before and still drives nights even now!

The last time I spoke to him he said he still had about half of it left, he’d donated a huge amount to charity (his late wife died of cancer a few years after the win) and he’s funding the hospice that cared for her) ultimately, he’s happy but says it certainly wasn’t the best thing that happened to him, in many respects, he regrets it due to a lot of the events that happened after it became knowledge in his close circle.

He was debt free before his win, and remains so, as I say, it’s not changed him.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I was considering the lottery but then I went on one of those sites that backchecks your numbers.

In like 20 years the numbers I had would have won like £30.... no thanks

Some people must waste massive sums on that over their lifetime, I know my parents have had like 5 tickets per draw since it started.

probably be way better just chucking a 20 a week in random penny stocks

Last edited:
Soldato
I was considering the lottery but then I went on one of those sites that backchecks your numbers.

In like 20 years the numbers I had would have won like £30.... no thanks

Some people must waste massive sums on that over their lifetime, I know my parents have had like 5 tickets per draw since it started.

probably be way better just chucking a 20 a week in random penny stocks

My numbers haven't fared to badly on SFL...

1668211413.png

Caporegime
My numbers haven't fared to badly on SFL...
just luck, try a bunch of other numbers and see what you likely would have won in that time.

I wonder how many times you would have to redo those numbers to get a 10k for life

the odds are 99% of the time your just throwing money away, there's always going to be that one guy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom