When are you going fully electric?

looking at a review :

You’ll have the pick of two battery sizes too - 52kWh for a range of around 249 miles and 40kWh for a range of circa 186 miles.

So one battery the same as the outgoing Zoe and a smaller sized one.

I'm assuming base level 40kWh model will be £25k so the top spec 52kWh will be a fair bit more you would assume.

Might be interested in buying EV as our next family car but know nothing about them. Anybody know good website/YouTube channel to educate myself on hybrids and EV...what good car models are.

sub 30k... was initially announced as being sub 23K iirc. if its over 25k it will be a damn shame imo, (assuming it will be of limited range).

car needs to be one of 2 things, either really affordable in which case people will accept a slightly reduced range and have as a 2nd car imo OR if its going to be the best part of 30K it needs to have a real usable range as a primary car able to easily travel anywhere in the country.

imo the market does not need another honda E.

I say this as someone who was looking forward to this car since 1st concepts shown. i had planned on replacing our 2nd car with one possibly............. until our hand was forced last year when our car was written off.

It’s sub 25k eur, according to some of the promos I’ve seen on YT, but until it’s actually on sale, no one knows. I just the fact it’s happened.

sub 30k... was initially announced as being sub 23K iirc. if its over 25k it will be a damn shame imo, (assuming it will be of limited range).

car needs to be one of 2 things, either really affordable in which case people will accept a slightly reduced range and have as a 2nd car imo OR if its going to be the best part of 30K it needs to have a real usable range as a primary car able to easily travel anywhere in the country.

imo the market does not need another honda E.

I say this as someone who was looking forward to this car since 1st concepts shown. i had planned on replacing our 2nd car with one possibly............. until our hand was forced last year when our car was written off.

Not really affordable and slow (slower than the 80s R5 turbo), so not even 2nd car material. What's the point.

If it was 20k, nice commuter after some depreciation. 30k..lol

Last edited:
Most of the marquees will have an EV.

If it is for family, start your search in terms of practicality and range is an issue for you then that will narrow the models down significantly.

The next is price. Listing or OTR prices nowadays are deceiving. Many had significantly reduced lease deals as well as finance incentives and discounts. So worth doing a spread sheet to properly assess which is your most economical outcome.

Then you read on reviews and YouTube to ascertain build quality, features and EFFICIENCY. Most EV buyers don’t think about the last attribute, but it is like buying car with an engine from 1950s that drinks petrol like it is free or buying one from nowadays with efficiency in mind.

Then test drive the cars you finalise and see which you get on with and be aware of optional extras and your creature comforts and must haves.

The list price doesn’t really matter, all that matters is the price you actually pay. If traditional pricing policy applies, you may be able to pick one up for ~£20k once the launch dust settles.

You can already get the Corsa e which has a 50kwh battery for £21-22k so it can’t really go higher than that.

The list price doesn’t really matter, all that matters is the price you actually pay. If traditional pricing policy applies, you may be able to pick one up for ~£20k once the launch dust settles.

You can already get the Corsa e which has a 50kwh battery for £21-22k so it can’t really go higher than that.

Renault are hoping to cash in on the name. Ford did it with whatever the **** that thing is they stuck a Mustang badge on.

Last edited:
I'll wait to see the actual UK prices but in Europe it will only be ~£25K where there are incentives available. Probably not until 2025 before we see any deliveries in the UK.

EX30 was looking promising until you added the heat pump and that automatically added another £10K (Ultra Spec). At least the R5 will have one of those included in all models.

Not really affordable and slow (slower than the 80s R5 turbo), so not even 2nd car material. What's the point.

if its close to 30k i will grant you its too pricy for me at least (2nd hand 3 years old tho maybe) but slow? give over... 0-62 in 8 seconds is nippy in most peoples books.

looking at the wiki the VAST majority of original renault 5s are significantly slower than this one

it isnt slow, its just not blazing fast

Last edited:
wonder how r5 saved 200KG+ versus the id3/born - eu chinese chassis design with stronger steels, even if bmw i3 carbon fibre too expensive.

Compared to a 2T+ ev r5 w/ similar tyres, can take those bendy things, we have in Cambs, with more margin, or 15% faster.

This two R5-E models are the entry level models -the quicker one is still to come. So the 80's Turbo comparison can wait
It's excepted to start from about £25k.

People asked for slower, cheaper and smaller EV's - this is it.
If you want faster and larger then there are many other EV options out there !

Back
Top Bottom