When are you going fully electric?

Associate
Damn. What's that 1000 miles, 30 hours a week driving? Adding 50k miles onto a car each year?
It's not good but it's the best option.

The batteries should be able to do half a million miles. Even if it wears down a 3% each year. After 10 years, I'll just use it as a backup vehicle, knowing I won't get a peanut for it.

Soldato
It's not good but it's the best option.

The batteries should be able to do half a million miles. Even if it wears down a 3% each year. After 10 years, I'll just use it as a backup vehicle, knowing I won't get a peanut for it.
Probably your best option....

Or

Last edited:
Soldato
I just do 3.5x battery capacity (i.e., 3.5mi/kWh) as a reasonably representative motorway journey in inclement weather.

Thats fine for small and mid segment cars but it doesn’t work in a a car that doesn’t reach that efficiency like the iPace, etron and plenty of other of the big SUVs

where as WLTP - 30% works as a rule of thumb as WLTP takes into account the efficiency and battery size.

Last edited:
Soldato

Or

I’d probably avoid the 85’s getting a bit long in the tooth now, it’s already 10 years old.

Some also have issues with corrosion of the battery fuse cover which can kill the pack if it’s not been replaced.

The Model 3 is a much more capable package if you don’t need the size (and comfort) of the model S.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just as a note, that M3LR in particular is now out of Battery (and Drivetrain) warranty due to the mileage.

May not be an issue but something to consider (I a guessing this is reflected in the price).

Soldato
Just as a note, that M3LR in particular is now out of Battery (and Drivetrain) warranty due to the mileage.

May not be an issue but something to consider (I a guessing this is reflected in the price).
Not to mention, at that mileage it's probably spent its life on a Supercharger, which ain't good for the battery either.

Associate

Or

The model 3 may be an option.

All the vehicles I'm looking at on AT have around 30k on this clock.

I'd get the battery checked before hitting 100k and make use of their warranty if possible.

Honestly, I'd just drive the car until it gives up. Would not even consider selling it.

Soldato
The model 3 may be an option.

All the vehicles I'm looking at on AT have around 30k on this clock.

I'd get the battery checked before hitting 100k and make use of their warranty if possible.

Honestly, I'd just drive the car until it gives up. Would not even consider selling it.

Don't believe Tesla are offering the option of an extended warranty in the UK anymore. But yeah if doing big mileage Tesla is the way to go purely for the infrastructure

Soldato
i was looking at model S's when i got my ipace ...... pretty sure you can get facelifted cars for under 20k now

much lower milage as well...... no free charging which for OPs milage may actually be a consideration but...........................

Soldato
You get used to it very quickly and it benefits from being automotive infotainment that actually works, is easy to use and because it’s not running on a a low end SOC from 2006, it’s very responsive unlike the laggy mess on most other marques.

Associate
Having a look at the Tesla, I remember why I was hesitant, the screen.

I like my dials and knobs.

It's the same with the Polestar.
The other advantage is the same as using a smart phone or tablet. The screen UI and what goes where is configurable in software. If you have buttons, you are limited to what the buttons can do and what the labels are on them. I.e you end up with a Blackberry

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom