When are you going fully electric?

Associate
You only bought a second hand one because it was cheap after someone else took the hit on a new one. Right now that person is the guy in charge of a lease company (due to tax incentives of the guy signing up for 3years )

Are you buying a new Ev cash yet? Until then it’s all conjecture to be honest.

Ps no one cares about the ethics of the battery pack when they are looking at salary sacrifice schemes

Not sure glued together packs are anything but a Ev problem ?
Why shouldn't they buy secondhand, I don't see anyone complaining about buying a secondhand ICE car, infact it's seen as normal practice.

Soldato
You only bought a second hand one because it was cheap after someone else took the hit on a new one. Right now that person is the guy in charge of a lease company (due to tax incentives of the guy signing up for 3years )

Are you buying a new Ev cash yet? Until then it’s all conjecture to be honest.

Ps no one cares about the ethics of the battery pack when they are looking at salary sacrifice schemes

Not sure glued together packs are anything but a Ev problem ?

There a 100 years of design flaws in ICE vehicles that cause massive servicing bills, to the point of being uneconomical to repair.

Ironically its the Car Industry poor record in making simple repairs excruciatingly difficult thats being eliminated with EVs.

Caporegime
There a 100 years of design flaws in ICE vehicles that cause massive servicing bills, to the point of being uneconomical to repair.

Ironically its the Car Industry poor record in making simple repairs excruciatingly difficult thats being eliminated with EVs.
But they worked for 100 years too. Don’t think for a moment EV is some panacea

Last edited:
Soldato
I will admit gluing a battery pack such that the cells or at least packs of cells can't be replaced handily rather than a whole battery does seem an odd choice. however that is a design problem and not an EV problem.... therefore surely fixable.

if this is a concern for someone about EVs but they want an EV then all they need to do is Google and work out which cars have the best battery design to be swappable.

if enough people vote with their wallets and reward car companies who allow easily accessible batteries then the rest will surely take note.
so buy a Nio!
it's a bit like I am getting tired of people moaning about cobalt and using that as a reason for not getting an EV (despite it being used.in ICE cars).
there are plenty of cars out there with cobalt free batteries

I know with my ipace that definitely can have part of the battery pack replaced and not the whole battery (because it is happening now)

AFAIK its only Tesla that seal their battery packs with glue or whatever Its also not that can't be fixed. It just adds to the labour. I assume its a control thing.

Its not unlike BMW using proprietary tools, or Apple coding parts to make them impossible to repair. Tesla is more like Apple than Ford.

Caporegime
The start of this particular run of comments was about the price someone was quoted for a repair and the fact the car was scrapped due to the repair costs. Battery packs should be designed to be replaced if needed and repaired easily again if needed. It isn't about just swapping them out willy nilly, people are prepared to pay for servicing on ICE cars but moan about an EV that requires less maintenance. Beats me.
You are confusing replacement with a ‘petrol station’ visit.

Battery packs can be 7000cells. There isn’t a ‘battery’

Last edited:
Caporegime
Its not needed.

Try selling a product or service thats not needed and let us know how you get on.
Go on then. People are selling a product that’s driven by tax savings right now. Good luck selling it without such benefits.

What do you drive ? And via what mechanism.

Last edited:
Soldato
Tax fiddle. No tax on the fuel to incentivise. Don’t change the goal posts

I literally copied your own posts. Not my fault you keep scoring own goals in the goals posts you keep moving.

Tax on fuel, and Company Car incentives were all created with ICE vehicles. "A vehicle tax was first introduced in Britain in 1888."

Soldato
Go on then. People are selling a product that’s driven by tax savings right now. Good luck selling it without such benefits.

What do you drive ? And via what mechanism.

They shifted the world to diesel using tax and such. Whats good enough for the gander.

Last edited:
Associate
Its not needed.

Try selling a product or service thats not needed and let us know how you get on.
It would be needed if the battery became defective or damaged, not the Nio option of replacement of a discharged battery for a charged one, that isn't needed. The ease of replacement is what is needed if required.

Back
Top Bottom