When are you going fully electric?

Soldato
It would be a very easy thing to bottom out though.

The dealer should be able to easily interrogate the BMS and any other drivetrain logs via their internal tools if the had the car or even remotely.

Any mechanical faults which would cause a significant range drop would be fairly obvious.

Soldato
Sitting at 90mph on the motorway is probably why
i would be interested to know (just for science) how quick my battery would be used on my car if i was to just got on the motorway autobahn in a no speed limit area and kept my foot on the floor..... maybe i could sell my tale of woe to the telegraph about my awful range :D

Soldato
A simple test would be a dealership tech taking their demonstrator e-tech and the customer’s e-tech on a similar 15 minute trip at the same time. Sort of a “follow me in our e-tech sir”. Then compare the efficiency of the trips recorded.

If there was a true problem even such a shortish drive would show measurable differences in efficiency.

Associate
TLDR (or just use ublock paywall add-on) - get rid of WLTP, not fit for purpose, and use American EPA and highway/town mpge -
Industry has shot itself in the foot creating consumer frustration , not least, creating youtube gang auditing ev range.

do you wear glasses and has the electronic mirror been any issue

No I don't wear glasses, I had laser eye surgery, in terms of the mirror I haven't used it it has a camera which displays on the centre infotainment screen.

Plus I don't think mine has the electric mirror, I have the bottom spec model (engage?).

Soldato
don't you go back to the dealer and say I can get the same car for £259 with similar deposit, or, tell them that at start of discussion;
although if the balloon payment from the dealer was much smaller, the comparison is not apples and apples.
Funny you should say that. They rang me today to offer a better deal. So I called the other dealership to tell them, and to my surprise, they then matched it. Now down to £235 a month. Honda must be really pushing the electric car sales for quotas I guess!

Soldato
In reality it’s just overpriced at its list price and wouldn’t otherwise be competitive.

There isn’t anything inherently wrong with the NEY:1 (other than the name) but it’s not best in class at anything or have a compelling USP either. The only thing they can do is pull a price leaver to sell them.

Soldato
Funny you should say that. They rang me today to offer a better deal. So I called the other dealership to tell them, and to my surprise, they then matched it. Now down to £235 a month. Honda must be really pushing the electric car sales for quotas I guess!
Make sure you haven't had wool pulled over and they've just increased your deposit, lol.

Soldato
As I said these were sub £200 not long ago, so still some wiggle room I reckon.

Soldato
manufacturers from non-chinese brands who won't be impacted by import duty hikes could be revising/upping their residuals and reducing ownership costs ?
(return of 2030 target too)

Plus I don't think mine has the electric mirror, I have the bottom spec model (engage?).
that's a plus in my book - as a varifocal user if I look out top of glasses I wouldn't be able to focus on a close surface.

------------------
[
The telegraph guy burning 60Kwh in 160miles doesn't sound outlandish 3miles/kwh at 70mph plus some cabin heating energy, how many watts is a heated steering wheel rated at ?
and if you are paying 7pKwh you would feel too hard done by.
]

Soldato
No deposit and £97/month for a RWD and £194/month for a long range :eek: - where do I sign

10k miles as well :p

Yeh, not sure that is a real deal.

Soldato
Sadly an error. Price rises dramatically at finance application stage, or you’re emailed to pay in full cash lol.
I can only imagine the owners group went from ‘**** Tesla price drops’ to, ‘yeh that’s obviously an error’ over the course of an hour.

The price has been fixed now and apparently if you got to the finance page, it has the correct price.

Back
Top Bottom