When are you going fully electric?

yes mpg , calculation I made with 0.55e/kwh and 3m/kwh would be 183e electric for 1000miles
1.8e/L and 50mpg 164e
using A8 charger, i'd linked earlier and carrefour petrol.
but unlikely to get 50mpg at top autoroute speed 80mph and 3m/kwh probably blown out too,
ok that only reconfirms need for a home charger , but would nonetheless be painful on your holiday

A home charger will only be useful if you are doing a lot of regular trips from home. For Local trips unlikely to need charging more than one a week. Which you could easily do on a public charger. If you are doing a lot of driving wouldn't you be hitting a public charger anyway?

abrp does not know the price of gas/kwh - it's giving bs.
e: yes - would be wonderful if you could travel to South of France for £50

No you are taking rubbish (again).

WGFqlXj.png

It shows you 241kWh needed, and it knows which stops you are stopping at, since it planned the route for you, and knows the cost of the chargers on that route per kWh. So €58.9 is correct, but I guess you know better being the expert on all things EV.

Last edited:
I was using a public charger for costing ... and I'd used the cheap electricity
image.png

e: those 241kwh cost 156e , 132e for fast slow.

Last edited:
image.png

e: those 241kwh cost 156e , 132e for fast slow.
Tesla superchargers are a lot cheaper especially when charging outside of peak hours and yes you can charge non Tesla EVs on them for a little more or the same if you buy £10 a month subscription which would pay for itself on a trip like that.
Last month I went to Germany (almost 1100km one way) and it cost me £41 in supercharging to do that distance.
I think I left home with about 70% soc.

Last edited:

Again proving you have zero knowledge of BEV charging. If you are in France/Europe you'd pay €0.33 per kWh at Ionity with a €7.99 subscription, and all those are fast 350kW stations are there are thousands of connectors. Why do you bother to comment here, you have over 1,300 posts in a thread with no factual knowledge of any of it?

Kuga, Toyota and Mazda PHEVs aren't an option unfortunately as they are 2.5L and neither party will want to pay the 2000cc+ mileage rate!

Zero impact to boot on Volvos as battery is in central tunnel, the estates 60/90 have ~50-60 mile WLTP depending on spec with a 2.0. don't know mileage rules to know if 1996cc makes a difference.

Last edited:
Depends on model v60s are start from 48 these days after all the price rises so he must have been going top of the range though just looked and yup they are pricy used, perhaps because they were not on sale for a year or so due to shortages and Volvo favouring the more lucrative SUVs meaning there aren't many.

Last edited:
Yeah XC40 in 1.5 form is on my shortlist, higher BIK than the Sportage (more than I'm currently paying infact) due to the short EV only range though.

You can tell how much big boot and low BIK steer your decision when your top 5 are, in this order;
KIA Sportage
Hyundai Tucson
Vauxhall Astra Estate
Peugeot 308 Estate (assuming I get on with the weird steering wheel)
Volvo XC40

Any actual desirability factor goes out of the window in favour of stats. I don't even really want an SUV yet they make up the lions share of my options.

I guess it comes down to how frequent the work trips are. Because it wasn't that often I could put up with a quick charge stop if it was saving me a ton of money in the bigger picture. But with larger mileage comes higher depreciation and it can effect financing. There's that to consider also.

That said there's a bit of overhead with new tech. Not everyone wants to bother with it. So if someone wants to stick with what they know, each to their own.
Pretty frequent. I'm probably about 60-70% office based, the rest is onsite with customers anywhere in the UK. Lots of nights away and it's this aspect that the management are reluctant to go EV because charging infrastructure in hotels is a bit patchy, certainly within the places we currently stay.

EV Vs PHEV doesn't really appear to have a massive difference in cost all considered.

EV is a bit cheaper per month on BIK. PHEV has lower public refueling costs. Small cost to put in an external 3 pin socket, bigger cost to sort a 7kW charger...

I've got a week to mull it over so plenty of time to look at past and present trips as examples and work out how much impact, if any, doing them in an EV would have had.

I also need to keep in the back of my mind... Do I just swallow the bigger BIK, get myself a Corolla and simplify the day to day running.

Yeah forget hotel charging, I travel a fair bit and the hotels charging is severely lacking, but there’s a lot more fast charger appearing in the last year. With Tesla opening up more and more to non Tesla.

How does the 508 Phev stacking up? I tried one back in 2020 before I chose the 330e, it was a lovely car and the 1.6 engine coupled with the Phev motor was quite nice, much nicer than the VAG 1.4 setup. Merc did the A250e aswell in estate guise.

Any BMW i4’s down in the 30k range yet?

In terms of EV vs ICE sums, ABRP is a good tool, it’s a bit conservative, better to err on the side of caution I guess.

Pretty frequent. I'm probably about 60-70% office based, the rest is onsite with customers anywhere in the UK. Lots of nights away and it's this aspect that the management are reluctant to go EV because charging infrastructure in hotels is a bit patchy, certainly within the places we currently stay.

Even if you can't charge at a hotel, which can actually cost more than a rapid these days, especially if using the Supercharger network, an Enyaq has a decent charging curve, which means it can go from 0% to 50% in about 23mins, or 10% to 50% in 16 minutes, so assuming you arrive at a hotel with a low state of charge it's not a big deal to do it the night before or in the morning. 50% being ~150 miles maximum range.

Back
Top Bottom