When are you going fully electric?

Nah he sounds old to me, probably doesn't even have a debit or credit card, only uses cash and likely only has a Nokia NK502, so no apps either, he'll just have to go to the cashier at the window. :D :p

EXCUSE ME, I may be a Pensioner but I pay for things with my Samsung Watch6, my 9 year old niece set it up for me though.

I'm getting excited, this is the first car since 1975 I've ever been excited about.
I've even watched a load of videos, anybody else having a MG4 these are great , there's 15 of them -

Last edited:
Lol, it was somewhat tongue in cheek. Did she show you how to call the emergency services on it when you have a slip, trip or fall? :cry:

This was absolute p****r last Sunday.
We went to see Lord Of The Dance, proper Boomers, and when they were just tapping with their feet with no music my wife's Watch6 kept asking if she had fell :)
She ended up taking it off and put it in her bag.

It's a cracking car, and the prices they have right now for them is great. It's no wonder I see so many of them on the roads, I reckon MG will be knocking on the door of Vauxhall or Ford in the UK sales quantity towards the end of the decade (or maybe sooner).

Plenty of good videos from longish term owners as well now, giving a good idea of what to expect all year round. :)

Yeah, if you are looking a decent EV with good range and a decent level of kit and a great warranty, a used MG4 Trophy 64kWh is hard to beat. Even a 51kWh with 200 summer and 160 winter miles is a decent mid range EV.

Yes some of the cheaper materials are bad such as the upper window sills but at this price you accept compromises.

Plenty of good videos from longish term owners as well now, giving a good idea of what to expect all year round. :)

I can't believe how much stuff I'm learning off this guy

The thing I don't like about most of these new EV's are the displays. It's like they forgot to include a display when designing the interior and superglued them in as a afterthought. For the prices they are asking they could at least make the "dashboard" look nicer after all it's what you are going to be looking at most of the time. My 2021 Leaf may not be the greatest EV but at least the display is "sculpted" in as part of the dash/console.

The thing I don't like about most of these new EV's are the displays. It's like they forgot to include a display when designing the interior and superglued them in as a afterthought. For the prices they are asking they could at least make the "dashboard" look nicer after all it's what you are going to be looking at most of the time. My 2021 Leaf may not be the greatest EV but at least the display is "sculpted" in as part of the dash/console.

It seems to be a trend not exclusive to EVs. In some ways it is better as it allows the display to be raised up more in line with the driver’s eye line but at least some effort into make it aesthetically pleasing. Our C40 and I-Pace managed it without it looking like “oh we forgot the central console display”. Oh just glue it to the dashboard.

Well the 330e came to an untimely demise last week, had a bit of a crash :( It resulted in a damaged headlight,bumper,bonnet and wing. This was enough to write it off, apparently the values are not great right now, esp with ~90k miles on it. Gutted as i only recently had some bits touched up ready for it to go back later this year.

But the upside is that the VW ID7 will now be delivered early next week, bring on the BIK and fuel savings :)

ID7 Tourer Arrived on Thursday.
First impressions are great. Averaging 4m/kwh in the rain over the last couple of days, which was a pleasant surprise.
It's very comfy, and the standard suspension feels good. I'm coming from an Arteon elegance and Cupra Born and that's really my only reference. Softer than the Cupra.
I'm not a 'machine is an extension of man' type of chap so my driving thoughts should be taken in that context. It's nice, enough poke and appears to be doing what it's told. I've not crashed into anything yet so that's a good sign.
I like the travel assist, it other than needing to touch the steering wheel it really does just drive itself on A roads and above. Some will hate this, I like the fact it will almost drive me all the way home.
Seats are great (standard) and the massage is surprisingly eager.
The infotaintment is quick and works well. The HUD is great and massive.
Not loving the App, although it's not awful. Syncing the range and charging is a mixed experience, with the range subject to some variability without the car moving.
IDA is an interesting gimmick, although has promise replacing my wife as tour guide.
Foot-boot opening appears to have been deleted from the standard spec in the UK, shame as this was something i did use on the Arteon when my hands were full.
Happy to answer any questions.

ybzviOx.jpg

vaNlej7.jpg

Did you check your boot to see if JPaul was in there hiding, getting his first ride in an EV, he seems to like the ID range?
It's like the tardis no ?

he hasn't reversed into anything yet, so I'm assuming the reversing camera/system are good;
I'm not a fan of tinted rear windows in that respect though, that also cut light, for children/passengers.

While I am having a whinge about car design, indicators are getting stupidly small these days. I was behind a brand new Vauxhall on Friday and the rear indicator was tiny and completely drowned out by the brightness of the brake lights. Another brand new car (EV, can't remember the make) coming towards me at a roundabout had the indicators so small and so close to the headlight that you couldn't see them at all. This is a safety issue and while I don't expect them to be huge I do expect other road users to be able to see them, that is when the driver of said car can be bothered to use them anyway. I actually like the flashing arrow type on Audi's, at least you can see them.

Back
Top Bottom