When are you going fully electric?

Indeed, so not as simple as just the inverter sizing i think you have just agreed. The DC or AC determines if you can operate in a power cut...

Pretty straightforward terms.
Price for 3.6kW and price for 5kW was the original question if that helps?

Inverter sizing is going to be decided based on a number of factors, allowed discharge, need, amount of solar panels etc
The price however remains hardly any different with in the scope of normal domestic sized inverters (but bigger isnt always better as efficiency increases as you approach the nominal inverter size)

You can have Dc and AC* both working in a power cut. Its how its designed not whether its AC or DC.
It has to be able to isolate itself from the grid. Typically this is called whole house EPS.
Most of the all in ones do this as they divert the incoming into them. Which is also what my AC coupled inverter has.

At the end of the day all inverters are DC/AC inverters, some are inbuilt some are external. Hybrid that do both may function like mine in sending DC from panels to the BMS rather than converting Dc to AC then another inverter in an AIO converting the AC back to DC.

*I mean how they are referred to here of course. They call them AC or DC coupled.

Last edited:
Are there any EV's delivering an A/C V2G back through the type 2 even if it's only 3KW, just to augment house needs (needs a new architecture bi-charger and some frequency sync by car, too)
seems VW id is a DC car output needing an accompanying sole supplier DC battery&invertor unit.

Are there any EV's delivering an A/C V2G back through the type 2 even if it's only 3KW, just to augment house needs (needs a new architecture bi-charger and some frequency sync by car, too) seems VW id is a DC car output needing an accompanying sole supplier DC battery&invertor unit.

Yes, as said above I used V2H on the Ioniq 5 in my config, and once I have the 6 it will be in used via the Type 2 adapter that comes with the vehicle.

Back
Top Bottom