When are you going fully electric?

I think I'm gonna get the MG4 Trophy in Orange, do like orange and think it looks great in the flesh, but on the other hand kinda grates paying for a colour :p Think the stock/free colours are White or Blue, the Blue looks ok in videos at least...
Has your wife taken over your account? :confused::rolleyes::o:o:o

Has your wife taken over your account? :confused::rolleyes::o:o:o

lol, cause only women have any interest in colours, the most visually striking element of a car? :p

I don't see the point in boring colours in cars, white and grey are boring, black is great but impossible to keep clean (the MX-5 is black) so that leaves Blue, Red or Orange...

Last edited:
lol, cause only women have any interest in colours, the most visually striking element of a car? :p

I don't see the point in boring colours in cars, white and grey are boring, black is great but impossible to keep clean (the MX-5 is black) so that leaves Blue, Red or Orange...
Meh, you sit inside the car not outside of it. It has never bothered me, especially not for money.

Meh, you sit inside the car not outside of it. It has never bothered me, especially not for money.

True, and like I said actually paying for a colour does kinda irritate me a bit...

But I also do look at my car on occasion, whether that's just looking out the window over the drive or walking up to the car to get in it, it's small but I quite like having a car/colour that looks 'good' than 'meh'... But like you say, whether that's worth money or not is the question.

Agreed, I think it’s the fact they and silver and not dark grey/black. It’s a bit of a difficult decision really because the stock wheels will have a better ride and cost a lot less.

I’ve seen that you can get far better aero covers from third party sellers these days which drastically improve the look, particularly the ones that mimic the look of the performance wheel.

Yeah a dark aero cover would help, not sure the Y will ever be described as good looking (not that the 3 is a stunner either). Still living with the uberturbines isn't all that fun, literally no protection from the tyres!

Yeah the stock wheels are horrendous, although I test drove one with the 20" wheels and the ride is not as comfortable. I've got quite a few goodies for it coming from Ali express - Speedometer thingy, swivel mount, black hubcaps and a foot sensor for the rear boot (this should have come stock imo)

Honestly having the speed slightly to one side isn't an issue once commited to muscle memory.

Also be careful with kick and power frunk with regards to the low volt battery usage, maybe not an issue or not an issue with the new low volt batteries. Nothing like a dead low volt battery on a car that is one massive battery...

Honestly having the speed slightly to one side isn't an issue once commited to muscle memory.

Also be careful with kick and power frunk with regards to the low volt battery usage, maybe not an issue or not an issue with the new low volt batteries. Nothing like a dead low volt battery on a car that is one massive battery...
Ah I wasn't aware of that - I might give the kick sensor a miss then as I rarely used it in my BMW and it was more of a gimmick feature that I showed off once or twice to friends.

In answer to the OP.

in short, a long time I think, in detail:

My autotrader browsing kind of goes what can I get for X....
Looks at the usual cars (anything 200bhp really) conclude anything I like is too pricey for the age.
End up looking at old Rovers and Celicas on classic cars hahah.

If I gt a job where there was a commute, i'd consider all options. Not a full ev, but I did look at Ampara's befire I got my car.
My car is the household 2nd car,only worth £5k.

Agreed, I think it’s the fact they and silver and not dark grey/black. It’s a bit of a difficult decision really because the stock wheels will have a better ride and cost a lot less.

I’ve seen that you can get far better aero covers from third party sellers these days which drastically improve the look, particularly the ones that mimic the look of the performance wheel.
When the trim was chrome, it made sense as it kind of worked.

Now the trim is black it’s like they have rims so bad that it forces people to upgrade. Defo get some third party covers.

We've gone fully fully electric now; we bought an electric moped to replace the second car. Had it for 3 weeks, bit of a shame to get it just ahead of the winter but so far it's great! Just didn't need two full vehicles, but still need something. My OH is using it to commute 25 miles per day when the weather's fine, and I'm using it to nip about town or for meetings etc.

Moped costs 16p to fully charge overnight, so cost of my OH's commute is 8p! Equivalent with the M3 is 40p.

VED is potentially coming for electric cars soon (to be expected I guess)
The comment about BIK was interesting. I wonder if that will change to help plug the hole.

Edit: Link is a financial times article with no paywall. That's why it looks dodgy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom