When are you going fully electric?

Got this a while back . 2022 Turbo CT, about 40k options. It is truly a incredible car
it's a proceed gt ? neighbours got one in just white - not sure if he has had it remapped but does growl as he goes out.

e: LOL this stupid turbo terminology, cross turismo ok, looks similar.

VED is potentially coming for electric cars soon (to be expected I guess)
The comment about BIK was interesting. I wonder if that will change to help plug the hole
I think end game is a mileage based tax like NZ are doing measured at annual MOT

Last edited:
Nice, one of if not the best EV on the market IMO (assuming those £40k of options (lol) included the 400V rapid charging upgrade).

Quality, fast, practical and not a stupidly large SUV.
It does indeed have that i belive. To be fair i charge it at home. It is incredable for what it is but that said its not cheap either so it wants to be good

Didn't even include the option to colour code the plastics! Looks like my 2002 Ford Fiesta Finesse with that much grey plastic.

The fact those bits of plastic are an optional extra at something stupid like £1600 is the more amazing issue!!!! Decided not to add them to my order

Last edited:
Cross Tourismo is the arch cladding, don't want those? Go for the Sport Tourismo, not sure on why everyone is coaching the guy who spec'ed his own car. I do like the Carmine red.

Nice, one of if not the best EV on the market IMO (assuming those £40k of options (lol) included the 400V rapid charging upgrade).

Quality, fast, practical and not a stupidly large SUV.

You haven't sat in the back of a Taycan have you...

Cross Tourismo is the arch cladding, don't want those? Go for the Sport Tourismo, not sure on why everyone is coaching the guy who spec'ed his own car. I do like the Carmine red.

You haven't sat in the back of a Taycan have you...

Yes the cross Turismo comes with black plastic arched cladding but he then specced the optional extra "even more stuck out" black plastic "off road" package for a ridiculous amount of money. I just can't see why anybody with ever tick that box unless they just wanted to spend money for the sake of it. No wonder his options list was £40k. I got mine down to a palatable £12k.

Its not illegal to max out the options - weird flex. Trying to work out if the car you spec are yours or fleet ones for other people? Lost the context I'm afraid.

I can see the value of colour coding, but they would look awful if the black arches remained anyway.

Its not illegal to max out the options - weird flex. Trying to work out if the car you spec are yours or fleet ones for other people? Lost the context I'm afraid.

I can see the value of colour coding, but they would look awful if the black arches remained anyway.

Its not and I appreciate its personal taste but honestly i cant see why anybody would spec the additional black plastic items for £1600 and think thats a great idea. Obviously some people do.

To be fair i only mentioned option pricing as its hard to quantify exactly what it has in a list due to how extensive it is. It wasnt a flex just its very well spec'd as far as taycans go. I bought it ex demo so diddnt spec it all and there are some bits i wouldnt have and some bits i would.

Reference the "off road pack" the Cross Turismo rides about 20mm higher than other Taycans and then somewhere there is "off road mode" it actually is quite high and fairly good at rought terrain or so reviews say. Its more rugged model hence the black plastics etc. Which incidently given i am in a plant machinery yard which is not the best it works quite well. Some people have removed them and painted them black, i do not care that much.

On the Turbo S they are standard gloss black

To be fair i only mentioned option pricing as its hard to quantify exactly what it has in a list due to how extensive it is. It wasnt a flex just its very well spec'd as far as taycans go. I bought it ex demo so diddnt spec it all and there are some bits i wouldnt have and some bits i would.

Reference the "off road pack" the Cross Turismo rides about 20mm higher than other Taycans and then somewhere there is "off road mode" it actually is quite high and fairly good at rought terrain or so reviews say. Its more rugged model hence the black plastics etc. Which incidently given i am in a plant machinery yard which is not the best it works quite well. Some people have removed them and painted them black, i do not care that much.

I agree with everything you say. If people don't like it then they can have the Taycan GTS without ride height increase or plastic cladding.

Fair enough then but its only 10mm extra ride height not 20mm. 20mm might have been useful but an extra 10mm for £1600 and some extra plastic bits on the corners in case you hit something, just didnt seem value for money (do any Porsche options ever seem value for money thiough?????? :D)

Fair enough then but its only 10mm extra ride height not 20mm. 20mm might have been useful but an extra 10mm for £1600 and some extra plastic bits on the corners in case you hit something, just didnt seem value for money (do any Porsche options ever seem value for money thiough?????? :D)
Yeah to be fair... no one spec'ed a Taycan and thought "hmm value for money".

Back
Top Bottom