When are you going fully electric?

yes - really want to know if tesla insurance premiums are less stable than other EV brands like VW (with more traditional architectures, too) - any ID3 owners like to comment.

Cost/availibility of a loaner EV in case of asccident, if your policy demands that, is another hiker.
Well off you go to a comparison website then

None of my EVs have been expensive to insure if that helps.

Zoe, e-208, Born

Not at the premium end of the market and it's pretty reasonable.

Drove an etron 55. Porridge car and horrible thirst. Please never compare to an IPACE again.

Having used and owned both an E-Tron 50 and an I-Pace and also had a loaner E-Tron 55 for a week. I have to say there are plenty of things the E-Tron does much better than an I-Pace.

It is a much better motorway cruiser, more refined and a lot more practical. It is about 15% less efficient, but that hardly makes it considerably worse than the already thirsty I-Pace. Regardless I doubt anyone owning/leasing either EV did so with efficiency in mind.

Overall I prefer my I-Pace but I won't deny there is a lot I miss about the E-Tron that the I-Pace just isn't as good at.

Yeah does the car stuff nice enough, just felt reluctant to do much away from driving in a straight line, the camera mirrors are awful. The Haptic Touch on the screens is well judged though. Rest is subjective but glad it got a response. :p

250 miles in winter is more that good enough. Plus they have added tonnes of teach, 5 LiDAR plus loads of cameras.

Haven’t seen anything to suggest it has LIDAR? You are talking about the Q8?

Holy Moly :eek::eek::eek:

I only watched at bit of it. Looks amazing!

My XC90 Recharge retailed at just shy of 60k new, where have they got another 30k from :eek::eek::eek:

I think the list on my XC60 is 69k, Volvo prices are a bit comical, reckon it is to allow for big discount to make you feel like you have made a great deal when you get 10k etc off :D On that note mine finally arrives next month. :cool:

I do like that EX90 though.

Last edited:
Holy Moly :eek::eek::eek:

I only watched at bit of it. Looks amazing!

My XC90 Recharge retailed at just shy of 60k new, where have they got another 30k from :eek::eek::eek:

Battery size is a large part of the cost
XC90 Recharge : 18 kWh
EX90 EV : 111 kWh

It also has another 100bhp over the XC90

Last edited:
Also the prices of the recharge models have risen by a lot in 18 months depsite a lot of cost cutting and rationalization of the range, the XC90 starts at £71k now, choose fully loaded Ultimate it is £84k, so in that context the EX90 is not much of a bump, if you felt Volvos new pricing was good value. You immediately get >10k off just walking in the door though and as an existing Volvo owner you'll even get further loyalty discount to make you feel warm and fuzzy inside. :D

Last edited:
Battery size is a large part of the cost
XC90 Recharge : 18 kWh
EX90 EV : 111 kWh

It also has another 100bhp over the XC90
toyota R&D article I posted a while back - full EV's are cheaper to produce than phev's now, they just make a bigger margin on the EV
delta ICE drivetrain cost outweighs the extra KWh's ..... it's all good for the climate, the low BIK also facilitates this.

Yeah does the car stuff nice enough, just felt reluctant to do much away from driving in a straight line, the camera mirrors are awful. The Haptic Touch on the screens is well judged though. Rest is subjective but glad it got a response. :p

Haven’t seen anything to suggest it has LIDAR? You are talking about the Q8?

yeah although I can’t find mention of it since I first saw it. All I can find mention of is 5 radar sensors plus tonnes of cameras and ultasonic. So it seems like it just radar only, my mistake

Hiya, sorry for the hijack - tried to send you a PM but can't! :p

Which polestar do you have, are you happy with it? I'm considering one on a company ev scheme, but can't get a test drive anywhere near where I live! :p

I have the only model that was available when I ordered it

300KW Pilot/Plus (Dual motor).

Mine doesn't have the heat pump that the newer models get.

I upgraded it 'Over the air' to get the 350KW of power, it's very quick and grippy. Cabin space in the front is a bit lackluster, but the boot is decent - I get two dogs in there (Labrador and Vizsla)

Charging isnt the fastest, though it has improved over time. Never really had any technical issues with mine, though some people on the Polestar Facebook group do

In some ways it's the best car I've ever had. But I do wish it had 25% more range.

Hiya, sorry for the hijack - tried to send you a PM but can't! :p

Which polestar do you have, are you happy with it? I'm considering one on a company ev scheme, but can't get a test drive anywhere near where I live! :p

I've had my Polestar 2 two years now.
Easily the best car I've owned. A few minor problems in Dec 2020 to Jan 2021 with the data network dropping out, due to Polestar not having enough data subscription :cry: but otherwise it's been flawless.

I didn't have a test drive and didn't even see one in the metal - just watched a couple of YouTubes videos and knew it was right.

Polestar got it perfect with the brake regen - 3 settings, you can disable lane assist and it stays off, the voice control is really nice & works, heated front & rear seats and steering wheel are great in winter, the large central low mounted screen is perfect and love the matrix headlights.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom