When are you going fully electric?

Gone electric again.

Xhp9tOP.jpeg

Black edition so not as feature rich as the HSE. Chip shortages meant we couldn’t order that spec but it has got a couple of options, new Ostuni Pearl White replaced Yulong now and I added air suspension and the performance seats.
Centre console looks like Zig (on the right). :p

02Jsn5t.png

Last edited:
Finally got fed up with scraping the ice off the car in the morning and sitting waiting for the windscreen to defog (along with having to go to the petrol station every few weeks!) so ordered a Niro EV through the work salary sacrifice scheme yesterday :D

Obviously it's not going to be here for this winter, but by next year should be lovely and toasty in the mornings :D

Guy's I think I need your support. We need to:
1. Hunt down whoever coded the Pug app
2. Hunt down whoever QA'ed the Pug app
3. Hunt down whoever UAT'ed the Pug app
4. Murder them

The thing is absolute garbage. Invariably it doesn't work. It constantly logs out. And the last few days I have had cabin pre-heat on which for some reason interrupts the scheduled charge (00:30 start, you can't set an end time :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:) despite them being scheduled 7 hours apart...........................FML.

Centre console looks like Zig (on the right). :p

02Jsn5t.png

Oh FFS, now I can't unsee that... thanks! :p

Had a complete brain fart this morning in my Model 3. Did the normal de-frosting process from the app followed up with a little warm water and then couldn't work out why the Windscreen wipers wouldn't come on. Then wondered why I couldn't "start" the car. The fact that my HyperVolt was solid green (charging), very obviously plugged in and the warning that the car was still plugged in on the screen should have been enough to explain the issue... A few moments of brain fog followed by checking over the wipers to ensure they weren't stuck and then a complete reaslisation of what a numpty I was and I was soon on my way, later than I would like to work...

I have had the car nearly a month now and had to de-ice a number of times so not sure how I managed to miss that...

Last edited:
Gone electric again.

Xhp9tOP.jpeg

Black edition so not as feature rich as the HSE. Chip shortages meant we couldn’t order that spec but it has got a couple of options, new Ostuni Pearl White replaced Yulong now and I added air suspension and the performance seats.

Looks good - has there been any significant upgrades to the iPace since it launched in 2018?

Last edited:
Guy's I think I need your support. We need to:
1. Hunt down whoever coded the Pug app
2. Hunt down whoever QA'ed the Pug app
3. Hunt down whoever UAT'ed the Pug app
4. Murder them

The thing is absolute garbage. Invariably it doesn't work. It constantly logs out. And the last few days I have had cabin pre-heat on which for some reason interrupts the scheduled charge (00:30 start, you can't set an end time :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:) despite them being scheduled 7 hours apart...........................FML.

I don't know why "legacy" manufacturers struggle so much with apps - the useless app was one of the reasons I got rid of my ID.4.

Looks good - has there been any significant upgrades to the iPace since it launched in 2018?
No nothing significant. Changes at 21MY on colour options, new grill and some standard option changes for example the 360 surround camera, embedded data SIM.

Main obvious change was the Incontrol pro infotainment changed to Pivi Pro which is leaps and bounds better and the onboard charger was upgraded to also include 11kW 3 phase.

Underneath some real world tweaks:
  • Low Drag Wheel Bearings
  • Lower rolling resistance All Season Tyres
  • New Inverter Modulation Scheme
  • Reducing Brake Drag (higher roll back seals, bigger return spring)
  • Brake Regen Modifications
  • Intelligent inverter cooling

Lessons from e-Trophy
  • All-Wheel Drive: Changes to the torque distribution between the front and rear motors will deliver greater efficiency when driving in ECO mode - the system still delivers permanent AWD traction
  • Temperature control: Refinements to the thermal management will make greater use of the active radiator vane system, closing the vanes more frequently to enhance aerodynamic performance more of the time
  • Battery Capacity: Updates allow the battery to run to a lower state of charge than previously without affecting driveability, durability or performance

Last edited:
Our Corsa electric still runs fine in these temperatures, however it's become pretty much unusable as the washer jets and lines do not defrost at all. There's no ICE to generate any heat to warm them up.

I'm guessing the fancier EVs have heated washers, as otherwise this is quite a big issue in freezing temps?

Our Corsa electric still runs fine in these temperatures, however it's become pretty much unusable as the washer jets and lines do not defrost at all. There's no ICE to generate any heat to warm them up.

I'm guessing the fancier EVs have heated washers, as otherwise this is quite a big issue in freezing temps?

No issues with ours and it has been -8c overnight, are you using suitable screen wash that goes down to -20c? And is it set with the right dilution ratio if used from a concentrate?

Last edited:
No issues with ours and it has been -8c overnight, are you using suitable screen wash that goes down to -20c? And is it set with the right dilution ratio if used from a concentrate?

It would have been the garage who last topped up the washer fluid when it went in for a service. I would have presumed the used the correct screen wash / ratio!

It would have been the garage who last topped up the washer fluid when it went in for a service. I would have presumed the used the correct screen wash / ratio!

Never presume anything with a garage, and perhaps if it was done in the summer they may have used a different ratio etc. Expecting you to have topped it up in your basic maintenance routine. Maybe you could ask them?

They used plain water in my Jaguar XF. It absolutely stank after a month.

I bet they probably used water in ours. They are incompetent at the best of times.

It needed a parking sensor fixing when it went in and they said it would be a week before the part arrived. I chased them after a month and when I rang them, apparently it had 'just arrived' and they were going to call me to let me know.

It had absolutely been sat in the service department for 3 weeks and they hadn't bothered to contact me.

They also try and get me to sign up for the ICE service plan every time I go in, which is way more than the EV one.

Never presume anything with a garage, and perhaps if it was done in the summer they may have used a different ratio etc. Expecting you to have topped it up in your basic maintenance routine. Maybe you could ask them?

This. If it was serviced in the summer it might only be 10% concentration whereas winter may well require a 50:50 mix.

Back
Top Bottom