When are you going fully electric?

I would be look forward to this instead of EV.
£6 a litre.

Paddy Lowe (ex F1 engineer) started a company (Zero Petroleum) producing and selling synthetic fuel, currently it costs £2,500 per litre : https://shop.zeropetroleum.com/shop/

Their target by 2027 is to get this down to £3 per litre (+ tax)

Last edited:
What do I replace my boiler with if gas boilers are banned, a heat pump? A heat pump is too expensive for most and doesn't run hot enough to heat older properties of which there are a lot

Heatpumps (ASHP):
-> The cost thing is an issue
-> The 'doesn't run hot enough to heat older properties' is a myth - There are plenty of videos on Youtube with real examples showing how and why

Last edited:
Heatpumps (ASHP):
-> The cost thing is an issue
-> The 'doesn't run hot enough to heat older properties' is a myth - There are plenty of videos on Youtube with real examples showing how and why

I don't agree with the myth part, it's pretty easy to test yourself by dropping the temp of your boiler, I know what temp my boiler will and will not heat my home at because I've tested it.

Heat Geek and Skill Builder have plenty of videos on the subject, a lot of money over and above the cost of a heat pump is needed to be spent on older properties on insulation, altering the design of the property and introducing new problems

Last edited:
Paddy Lowe (ex F1 engineer) started a company (Zero Petroleum) producing and selling synthetic fuel, currently it costs £2,500 per litre : https://shop.zeropetroleum.com/shop/

Their target by 2027 is to get this down to £3 per litre (+ tax)
But you can buy it now for £6 which is probably what that MX5 ran…

Else that’s a very expensive road test overlooking a massive issue.

I don't agree with the myth part, it's pretty easy to test yourself by dropping the temp of your boiler, I know what temp my boiler will and will not heat my home at because I've tested it.

Heat Geek and Skill Builder have plenty of videos on the subject, a lot of money over and above the cost of a heat pump is needed to be spent on older properties on insulation, altering the design of the property and introducing new problems
Missing out on the benefit of a condensing boiler there I imagine too.

But you can buy it now for £6 which is probably what that MX5 ran…

Else that’s a very expensive road test overlooking a massive issue.
You are probably thinking of bio fuel. Efuels are extremely expensive right now.

Edit: read the article. It is a bio fuel. It’s contributing carbon to the atmosphere in the same way as burning oil does. I really dislike this greenwashing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom