When are you going fully electric?

What EV have you got ? Sounds like you were saying what people would do rather than what you do ?

I used to have a 41kWh Zoe, and used it for relatively regular (every 2 months or so) 200 mile trips - travelling at an average 60mph rather than 70mph would be the difference between getting ~120 miles and ~150 miles on the motorway. I even managed ~180 miles on one trip due to constant 50mph roadworks. Given the relatively slow charging rate of the Zoe (limited to 22kw AC), an extra 20-30 mins driving slower would result in me getting to my destination quicker than driving at 70 but having to charge for longer.

Last edited:
I said you will play a tune with your right foot and heating to get to your destination in response to ‘how important’ are heating controls.

Why’s this so hard to work out.

Last edited:
smmt stats from this morning https://media.smmt.co.uk/december-2022-new-car-registrations/

Constrained supply saw many manufacturers prioritise deliveries of the latest zero emission-capable models. December saw battery electric vehicles (BEVs) claim their largest ever monthly market share, of 32.9%, while for 2022 as a whole they comprised 16.6% of registrations, surpassing diesel for the first time to become the second most popular powertrain after petrol. Meanwhile, plug-in hybrids (PHEVs) saw their annual share decline to 6.3%, meaning that combined, all plug-in vehicles accounted for 22.9% of new registrations in 2022 – a record high, although a smaller increase in overall market share than recorded in previous years.2 Hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs) also enjoyed growth, rising to an 11.6% market share for the year. As a result, average new car CO2 fell -6.9% to 111.4g/km, yet again the lowest in history.

While private buyers accounted for more than half of all registrations, fleets and business buyers were responsible for the lion’s share of battery electric vehicles, accounting for two thirds (66.7%) of all BEV registrations and 74.7% of the volume gain in 2022. Delivering the scale and speed of market transition required to meet climate change targets will require action to enthuse more private buyers to go electric.

lol they don't even mention the B** word.

I said you will play a tune with your right foot and heating to get to your destination in response to ‘how important’ are heating controls.

Why’s this so hard to work out.

I don't think I ever touched the heating controls in the Zoe other than on initially setting them to my desired temperature. 3.5 hours comfortable > 3 hours of being cold and constant fiddling :cry:

How can you go from one aweful solution (touch screen) to one even worse solution (voice) :cry: :D
:D Works really well in my car, maybe its your voice ;)

For avoidance of doubt though I prefer buttons for everything and zero touch screen rubbish but manufacturers don't seem to want to do the right things. When we ordered our Volvo, it had a nice mode button for drive modes, they removed it for the model year I got and I have to go into touch screen, no voice command yet, rubbish, especially when the mode dial was so lovely too, very premium, cheap ass mofos.

Still 'set temperature to 21' or say i'm cold/I'm hot is pretty damn easy without averting eyes from road or hands off wheel.

Last edited:
:D Works really well in my car, maybe its your voice ;)

For avoidance of doubt though I prefer buttons for everything and zero touch screen rubbish but manufacturers don't seem to want to do the right things. When we ordered our Volvo, it had a nice mode button for drive modes, they removed it for the model year I got and I have to go into touch screen, no voice command yet, rubbish.

Still 'set temperature to 21' or say i'm cold/I'm hot is pretty damn easy without averting eyes from road or hands off wheel.
Talking of Volvo's and the technology - my in-law managed to reverse into her house in her brand new XC90 for whatever reason and cause structural damage.

There is something worse than touch screens and voice. It’s those god aweful capacitive touch buttons that VW have put all over their cars now.

Not only are they aweful to use, they are all in places where they get accidentally touched.

There is something worse than touch screens and voice. It’s those god aweful capacitive touch buttons that VW have put all over their cars now.

Not only are they aweful to use, they are all in places where they get accidentally touched.
VW bringing back physical buttons for MEB facelift

Definitely a mistake

Back
Top Bottom