When are you going fully electric?

I follow this channel on YT and usually the videos are helpful and informative.

This one is clearly created for clickbait and to influence people to share around the web - it worked :cry:
The majority of people know the public charging network is rubbish. So what?!

The public re-fueling network was no doubt the same when fuel powered cars arrived over 100 years ago.
Change always takes time -“Rome wasn’t built in a day“ :D

The responses to this video will go like this :
  • The Anti-EV people/groups - they will laugh and post ‘funny‘ memes showing charging queues and EV’s stopped because they have run out of power.
  • The EV drivers - they will point out that the majority charge at home and at a reduced cost .

Last edited:
Nissan addressing the plug in concerns zeitgeist with their running advert qashqai e-power https://youtu.be/ryX3iYggdxk?t=36 electrified & unplugged punchline.
technology seems wasted - if they could put a 15KwH phev battery in that, for ice self charging, with it's sweet ice capability to drive wheels under high power demands.

weights the killjoy if you saw new fifth gear unplugged's V - merc 300e&volvo-e-lorry in latest episode good.

Decent motoring show back on 5th gear recharged quest+1 at 9pm - Plato/butler/Karun ... already missed 2 episodes

e: interesting article on driving new volvo electric lorries 3000Kg batteries 200mile range, not yet on utube

Nissan addressing the plug in concerns zeitgeist with their running advert qashqai e-power
They could lob a 70-80 kwh battery in the bottom of it like Kia did with the Nero and it would be more car than most people would ever need.

The Ariya is an alright car but they have lost their minds when it comes to pricing and market segmentation. Even more so now the Model Y is cheaper.

Your typical Nissan buyer is used to spending £25-30k on a Qashqai and even less on a Juke, the Ariya goes up to £60k.

Doing a full BEV Qashqai and Juke for about £40k and £32k respectively is exactly what Nissan customers would have wanted.

Going after the sorts of price points which people are used to spending on a Volvo, Merc, or BMW is a mistake IMO. Those customers are not going to buy Nissan and the cheaper Chinese cars are going to come and eat their regular customers lunch.

Last edited:
Here's the problem for most of the long established manufacturers. It's just too damn expensive to make and distribute these things. It will be the Chinese and Tesla who build share in the EV market becuase they have such a cost advantage hence why Tesla can offer the discounts of last week.

chart.png

Because it explains the numbers.

It actually doesn't explain the numbers, since Tesla made up 16,368 (38.71%) of those cars for December, and 54,622 (20.44%) for the year, and they don't have any emissions targets to worry about as all of them are zero emissions, so nearly 40% of the cars registered have no impact on the number he is on about. . As much as he likes to think he has explained things he contradicts himself multiple times, and makes himself look ill-informed on several key points throughout that video. His hypocrisy is also astounding, saying "keep the cars you've got now, don't buy new ones and drive a lot less" while standing in front of a garage full of cars and pretty much drives everywhere, of which I am sure 'he has to' being a farmer. He also misses the point that all of these pointless bought new battery electric vehicles can and will be come an ESS for home or work, or even grid within their life times. So yeah, no he doesn't explain anything he puts across an opinion that is all.

It actually doesn't explain the numbers, since Tesla made up 16,368 (38.71%) of those cars for December, and 54,622 (20.44%) for the year, and they don't have any emissions targets to worry about as all of them are zero emissions, so nearly 40% of the cars registered have no impact on the number he is on about. . As much as he likes to think he has explained things he contradicts himself multiple times, and makes himself look ill-informed on several key points throughout that video. His hypocrisy is also astounding, saying "keep the cars you've got now, don't buy new ones and drive a lot less" while standing in front of a garage full of cars and pretty much drives everywhere, of which I am sure 'he has to' being a farmer. He also misses the point that all of these pointless bought new battery electric vehicles can and will be come an ESS for home or work, or even grid within their life times. So yeah, no he doesn't explain anything he puts across an opinion that is all.

Do you know who Tesla sell their pooled green benefit to? All other manufacturers.

Tesla also ship loads in December every year. While there are likely operational reasons for that, I'm sure it isn't completely disconnected to the carbon pool.

Be careful in calling someone else ill-informed.

In January the share numbers will drop again just like they did in 2022. Will still be up on the same month last year though.

Last edited:
Do you know who Tesla sell their pooled green benefit to? All other manufacturers.

Tesla also ship loads in December every year. While there are likely operational reasons for that, I'm sure it isn't completely disconnected to the carbon pool.

Be careful in calling someone else ill-informed.

You should probably look back this now 5 year old thread where I have already mentioned this before. :)

Then you have two contradictory posts then, don't you.

If you say so, I didn't say agreed with you, only that they sold credits. The shipping/delivery timescales are due to how they are shipped across the world for end of quarter push, which happened almost every quarter historically especially prior to Berlin factory opening which has reduced the need to do that for LHD markets, but not here with RHD so you see the spikes in March, June, September and December as per the quarter end dates.

I suppose it makes little difference to you though, as you've stated you'll never go electric, so not sure why you'd care to be honest. :)
Never. Driving has never been about going A to B for me.

If you say so, I didn't say agreed with you, only that they sold credits. The shipping/delivery timescales are due to how they are shipped across the world for end of quarter push, which happened almost every quarter historically especially prior to Berlin factory opening which has reduced the need to do that for LHD markets, but not here with RHD so you see the spikes in March, June, September and December as per the quarter end dates.

I suppose it makes little difference to you though, as you've stated you'll never go electric, so not sure why you'd care to be honest. :)

I'm confused, we are talking about objective statistics here. You are very defensive.

You accused a youtuber of being ill informed as to whether these numbers could possibly have anything to do with carbon pools. Turns out your retort was ill informed, which you replied back to saying you already posted about it previously. So which is it? Tesla sales have nothing to do with carbon credit requirements, or does it? There appears to be a direct link. That's ignoring the other 60% of sales.

My preference for vehicles has nothing to do with the above which are objective issues. I care because you went out of your way criticise someone who was actually correct.

It paints your posts in an interesting way, I haven't gone through your posts yet, but I wonder how heavily biased you might be.

Last edited:
I follow this channel on YT and usually the videos are helpful and informative.

This one is clearly created for clickbait and to influence people to share around the web - it worked :cry:
The majority of people know the public charging network is rubbish. So what?!

The public re-fueling network was no doubt the same when fuel powered cars arrived over 100 years ago.
Change always takes time -“Rome wasn’t built in a day“ :D

The responses to this video will go like this :
  • The Anti-EV people/groups - they will laugh and post ‘funny‘ memes showing charging queues and EV’s stopped because they have run out of power.
  • The EV drivers - they will point out that the majority charge at home and at a reduced cost .

Yeah, I saw this as well, interesting video,, although to me it highlights that huge numbers of destination chargers is what we really need.

If the hotel/campsite/shopping centre/cinema/restaurant/etc. that I'm about to spend several hours at has 20-30 7/11kw chargers, then I don't need to use a rapid enroute, leaving them available for people who actually need them to complete their journey.

I do wonder why the chargers are left broken for so long though - rapids aren't exactly cheap to install, but while they are broken they aren't earning any money to pay for themselves?

Tesla who build share in the EV market becuase they have such a cost advantage hence why Tesla can offer the discounts of last week.

The 'discounts' (price reductions) applied last week was reversing the increases made last year. If demand is high and supply low, why wouldn't you increase the price.

Tesla seems to be the only car maker agile enough to be able to do this - probably because they sell direct and cut out the middle sales people.

The 'discounts' (price reductions) applied last week was reversing the increases made last year. If demand is high and supply low, why wouldn't you increase the price.

Tesla seems to be the only car maker agile enough to be able to do this - probably because they sell direct and cut out the middle sales people.
Still a sudden huge drop which feels like not that long after they were raising prices. I seem to recall Elon on Twitter stating he felt disgusted Tesla have had to raise the price of their vehicles so much which gave the impression to me at least that it was manufacturing cost inflation causing rather than consumer demand as the main reason for the rises. I'm sure manufacturing costs haven't declined this fast. Tbh he does seem so full of **** sometimes :D, so prices were probably raised as at that time they knew they could get away with it.
Tesla grown very fast. While I'm sure they will survive, growing too fast had been the downfall of many a company in the past, when a market or their market changes. It's probably going to be difficult for car manufacturers for a while and won't be surprised to see one or more start-up EV car companies go under.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom