When are you going fully electric?

My comments are aimed at the bigger picture. Not any individual. I realise it may come across as personal attacks, but it isn't intended to be that way.
EVs may be 'part' of the solution, but they are certainly not the full solution. There is still a place for ICE for a long time to come yet. Infact I don't think EVs will ever replace ICEs.
EVs are an evolutionary dead end. Something else needs to be invented.
In the mean time we could make our ICE cars laughter, and more efficient.

My comments are aimed at the bigger picture. Not any individual. I realise it may come across as personal attacks, but it isn't intended to be that way.
EVs may be 'part' of the solution, but they are certainly not the full solution. There is still a place for ICE for a long time to come yet. Infact I don't think EVs will ever replace ICEs.
EVs are an evolutionary dead end. Something else needs to be invented.
In the mean time we could make our ICE cars laughter, and more efficient.
You came into this thread and said this:

I’m just checking in for a gloat.
It seems the wheels are falling off the EV industry even quicker than I predicted.
Hope you are all enjoying your vehicles folks!
Remember, stupid is as stupid does!

??

My point is that it is difficult at best to use personal transport to get into a city centre. So maybe another solution is required and your daughters nose can be saved without the need to scrap ICE.
I am the biggest advocate in this forum for ditching cars - I have been scolded by many of the regulars and accused of not being a car guy. So you are preaching to the converted here. The fact folk think a 520D is the ultimate driving machine and they couldn't possibly walk or jump on a bus or train is hysterical.

However stand still traffic is going to happen regardless and I much prefer that to be zero emission stand still traffic at the expense of folk adjusting their habits than me breathing in that crap.

Plus I've bought a house near a busy road and my mum's house backs onto the M6; so I am predicting further house price increases once EVs become the 99% ;)

Last edited:
I agree with everything you said - apart from the bits you made up.
I've not been wrong about anything. Infact I am more right than I dared to imagine. The wheels are falling off the EV sham far quicker than I had imagined.
Just because you and others choose to believe the hype - indeed it may actually suit you personally for the time being. The problem will really start to bite when the sale of ICE is banned.

I've not been wrong about anything. Infact I am more right than I dared to imagine. The wheels are falling off the EV sham far quicker than I had imagined.
Just because you and others choose to believe the hype - indeed it may actually suit you personally for the time being. The problem will really start to bite when the sale of ICE is banned.
Can you be clear who you called stupid then?

However stand still traffic is going to happen regardless and I much prefer that to be zero emission stand still traffic at the expense of folk adjusting their habits than me breathing in that crap.

Plus I've bought a house near a busy road and my mum's house backs onto the M6; so I am predicting further house price increases once EVs become the 99% ;)
That's the mistake. Zero emission is a lie. You are just shipping the problem elsewhere.
(Such as moving the manufacturing of goods for the UK to the far east).

That's the mistake. Zero emission is a lie. You are just shipping the problem elsewhere.
And I am quite happy about that if
1) less people need to breath it in (i.e. away from very populated cities)
2) it has a path to being generated at net zero.

nah, we can be leader. No need to be a spectator, well unless you are SkodaMart.

A lot of eastern pollution is making tat for us and I didn’t know the west has monopoly on industrial revolutions?

A failed science experiment is better than no trial which ever way it falls…

I think the forced move to net zero and the unrealistic timescale is stupid.
We as a country need to take a slower more evolved, less wasteful transition to greener energy.

Removing reliance on gas and replacing this with renewables & nuclear is the current focus

As for EV's - If the majority of use is covered by home charging then it's still very cheap and green

It's much easier and cheaper to capture carbon from a few hundred car factory sites, than it is to capture tailpipe pollution from 30+ million vehicles (UK only).

As for world-wide CO2 actions - have you seen the huge increase of solar and other renewables China and India have installed during the last 12 months ! (probably more than all the other countries combined)

Last edited:
I think it might have made sense to get the infrastructure right before trying to get everyone into EVs. I'm sure everything must have been great a year or two back with less cars using public chargers.

I think it might have made sense to get the infrastructure right before trying to get everyone into EVs. I'm sure everything must have been great a year or two back with less cars using public chargers.

It's fine - a change on this scale will always have bumps on the way.

Do you think when fuel cars arrived in the 1900's there was a petrol station located in every village from day one :cry: The difference these days is social media makes it appear worse than it is.

Last edited:
Would love to see the business case for that.

I assume that’s why you are lobbying for investment for your hydrogen filling station network ready for the cars yeah?

That will never stack up for anything ever. It is like saying build the entire global airport network before we look at building planes.

But the government knew EV's were going to be the main form of transport, yet public charging seems to be lagging behind. Other countries seem to be doing much better with this.

Back
Top Bottom