Associate
Centurions
Captain planet
Power rangers
Thunder cats
Transformers
She ra
He man

So many! I can't wait to hear them all that I've forgotten!

Absolutely loved Centurions! i rarely come across anybody else who watched it.

Associate
image.png

:D:D:D

Caporegime
Absolutely loved Centurions! i rarely come across anybody else who watched it.
It was one of my favs.
I think i may have seen it at my grandparents who has sky tv so many years ago

I think i was fascinated by things that transformed

Power rangers
Inspector gadget
She-ra
Centurions
Transformers etc etc

Last edited:
Soldato
...television did not start programmes until mid afternoon. :p :D

And getting up would have been required as no remotes existed either.. not to mention the safety risk if the TV fell on you in bed.

I had a carpet of technical lego :) getting up and building was never a problem :)

Last edited:
Soldato
When I was a kid, I could always get out of bed in the morning to watch the TV as long as it was turned way down. But some families were very strict on this, and I remember staying at my cousins and he used to say you can't get out of bed unless the parents were up. So if it was 8 you had to stay in bed till 10 as they hadn't woken up. Did anyone have parents like this?
They sound like nutjobs to me, gonna produce some weird kids.
I always just got up whenever and put the telly on, never bothered anyone.

Associate
It was one of my favs.
I think i may have seen it at my grandparents who has sky tv so many years ago

I think i was fascinated by things that transformed

Power rangers
Inspector gadget
She-ra
Centurions
Transformers etc etc

Same here, one of the reasons i loved wacky races :cry:

Man of Honour
They sound like nutjobs to me, gonna produce some weird kids.
I always just got up whenever and put the telly on, never bothered anyone.

I've known a few families in my time where I know the parents are doing it with the best of intentions, maybe, sometimes purely what is their convenience over consideration for what the kid(s) might want, but can't seem to see their kids are just going to grow up to resent them and almost always the kid just flips the other way when they become an adult and/or ends up becoming estranged from their parents.

Soldato
I don’t recall watching cartoons when I got up, but did watch Big Daddy & Giant haystacks knocking seven shades out of each other on a Saturday morning.

I went to see Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks fight. Big Daddy was getting a hammering, i stopped the whole show by screaming "kick him in the nuts".

Still cringe now.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thundercats and Bravestarr mentioned on the same thread. These are two of my favourites cartoons.

I don't ever recall watching either during the morning, usually a weekday afternoon.

Last edited:
Soldato
We limit telly for our kids as it makes them crazy! They’re only little, so as they get older, things will relax. Thankfully everyone is on board with the deal and it seems to work nicely. I can’t imagine being able to sleep in until 10 at the moment!

Last edited:
Soldato
We're just getting to the stage where our daughter wakes up without coming to wake us up straight away (she's nearly 7).

She tends to watch YouTube kids on her tablet until she invariably gets bored 20 mins later and comes into our room.

We're pretty lax with TV rules to be honest. Some days she will just sit and watch TV if she's had a particularly long day at school and kids club, but most of the time she turns it off before we tell her to stop.

Back
Top Bottom