• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When is OcUK getting 2500K in stock?

So the 2500k is $216, or should be, which is basically £139 at current exchange rate, with 20% vat should be £167.

Meh, i'm still really irked by Intel mobo's, £100 for basically a low end overclockable board that disables the ondie gpu which you're basically paying for, for no reason.

I'm starting to think Intel should be selling the K versions in bundle pricing, IE get 10-15% off if you buy with a P67 mobo considering to do so you're losing the on die gpu.

£167 for a decent cpu and a £80 mobo to go with it would be a pretty damn sweet setup, £190 + £130 for a marginally higher spec mobo starts to become a little stupid, especially as you're losing functionality with a P67 mobo. Some of the biggest speed boost from Sandybridge is the quicksync gpu acceleration which essentially becomes unusable on the P67 chipset.

Really is honestly the stupidest thing Intel have done for well, almost as long as I can remember. Better mobo's disable functionality, and infact the biggest speed improvement of the new chips. I want to use a discrete gpu, but I want the POSSIBILITY that eventually Intel will get together with software companies and produce drivers that allow "quicksync" to work with a discrete gpu seemlessly.

I think I'd actually be switching from my 555Be unlocked to quad core AMD setup to a Sandybridge if pricing was better and the mobo choices weren't embarassingly retarded. THe Z68(67? can't remember) seems the only option, is months away and will no doubt carry a ridiculous cost :(

Is it confirmed that they'll be despatched before the 9th?

Also - pretty shocked at the Asus Maximum price, I had my eye on that MB but £399.99 is too much to justify on a £280 processor.

Its annoying, was seriously considering upgrading to sandybridge but no chance at these prices. I've always used asus boards and i want a ROG one but £400 is stupid, when you add an almost £300 cpu into the picture (+ i want to get an 800d and il need new watercooling stuff)

Needed to build my new rig in November anyway so would always be missing out on Sandybridge but not to dismayed having only paid £135 for my i5 760 given the Sandy prices and the fact that the 760 seems to have gone up 20 quid as well.

Only 4 2500k's were showing in stock a minute ago but its gone to 10+ now. Nearly had a heart attack as ive been waiting for one of these and wasnt expecting an early launch.

Price is a little higher than i would have hoped though :/

Anybody here bought one yet?

Back
Top Bottom