• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Soldato
who decided to use Digital River ?

The question should be , who sells to the etailers . @StigBourne , can likely give a better idea, but we have importers * distributors* , who have contracts or even exclusive contracts to sell products onwards on behalf of a company. Digital River do seem to have a Brexit issue ; however since the EU wide is now DDP, the issue should be resolved.

Soldato
The question should be , who sells to the etailers . @StigBourne , can likely give a better idea, but we have importers * distributors* , who have contracts or even exclusive contracts to sell products onwards on behalf of a company. Digital River do seem to have a Brexit issue ; however since the EU wide is now DDP, the issue should be resolved.

yeah shame I probably would have tried for 6800XT if they did

Permabanned
think you are confusing reference cards to partner cards i.e MSI, Gigabyte Asus etc

AMD do directly sell cards at MSRP just like Nvidia do FE drops at MSRP, sadly AMD dont do drops for UK

Whatever AMD "sells" directly is out of stock and has been out of stock for months, without any hint when it will be back in stock.

This is a grand criminal scheme in which some circles made a lot of money, sadly out of the poor us!

Soldato
Whatever AMD "sells" directly is out of stock and has been out of stock for months, without any hint when it will be back in stock.

This is a grand criminal scheme in which some circles made a lot of money, sadly out of the poor us!

AMD have a queue system, and until 2 hours ago the 6800XT Black was in stock. You really haven`t been anywhere near their website shop have you

Soldato

if you want a card at MSRP best to try for Nvidia drops, managed to bag 3080fe today at £660 assuming it doesnt get cancelled :)

Soldato
Erm, you know how the queue works? Same as the official `drops` for Nv in the UK. You can join the queue when they release the product to sale. The queue closes and it shows `out of stock` once the queue is full for that days allocation.

Permabanned
Erm, you know how the queue works? Same as the official `drops` for Nv in the UK. You can join the queue when they release the product to sale. The queue closes and it shows `out of stock` once the queue is full for that days allocation.

Sorry but why would I want to do that when at the same time multiple retailers get everything at scalper pricing?

Soldato
Because AMD are selling at MSRP themselves? Why are you making this so hard on yourself? Also `multiple retailers` are not selling made by amd cards, they are selling the AIB cards, which are massively inflated in price , as has been discussed , at length, on this very forum.

Permabanned
Because AMD are selling at MSRP themselves? Why are you making this so hard on yourself? Also `multiple retailers` are not selling made by amd cards, they are selling the AIB cards, which are massively inflated in price , as has been discussed , at length, on this very forum.

I disagree. AMD doesn't sell its own branded graphics cards. All the reference models have AIB stickers on them.

Soldato
I disagree. AMD doesn't sell its own branded graphics cards. All the reference models have AIB stickers on them.

Sapphire and Powercolor are the MBA makers, but now only sell the MBA cards via AMD store front, the rest are AIB cards through etailers, with very few MBA cards , only the onces found in channel or trickle in with alternative routes. Ofc another thought - what if AMD are simply `out of stock` your UK IP address , as they dont sell direct to this market....

OcUK Staff

AMD does sell their own branded graphics cards worldwide, except due to logistic issues they don't sell retail in the UK and the only cards available in the UK to end users are the AIB cards which are now all custom more expensive models, there is zero MBA availability and we can't sell reference cards.

There are no reference models available from the AIB partners any more and there won't be any on 6600 XT either as they are all custom AIB cards.

Soldato
Basically AMD sucks at GPU supply, see steam hardware for proof, 3090 is in the hands of more gamers than the whole of the RDNA2 range. They can't even supply the uk market with msrp cards, thank **** for nvidia and the FE drops.

Soldato
Wow... I literally just posted some minutes ago about prices having stalled. Naturally, I then see massive reductions at the vendor I use as a gauge.

6700XT now just above 800.
6800XT down from 1600+ minimum to 1300+
3080Ti for 1470+ (No idea on original scalped cost as they were rarely in stock)
6900XT's now under 2000.
3060Ti for 650.

You still have crazy stuff on there like 10050Ti for 300 dollars lol, but it's coming down again after the stall. It's still wayyyyy excessive for some of these cards, but it's another sign at least.

6800XT MSRP 649. They were selling for 1800+, almost THREE times the cost. Just banana's if you paid that. The smart move is upgrading everything else whilst it's sensible pricing (HDD's ram etc, NAS, screens). At least the 3060Ti is only 1.5 times the MSRP foe example.

OcUK Staff
Wow... I literally just posted some minutes ago about prices having stalled. Naturally, I then see massive reductions at the vendor I use as a gauge.

6700XT now just above 800.
6800XT down from 1600+ minimum to 1300+
3080Ti for 1470+ (No idea on original scalped cost as they were rarely in stock)
6900XT's now under 2000.
3060Ti for 650.

You still have crazy stuff on there like 10050Ti for 300 dollars lol, but it's coming down again after the stall. It's still wayyyyy excessive for some of these cards, but it's another sign at least.

6800XT MSRP 649. They were selling for 1800+, almost THREE times the cost. Just banana's if you paid that. The smart move is upgrading everything else whilst it's sensible pricing (HDD's ram etc, NAS, screens). At least the 3060Ti is only 1.5 times the MSRP foe example.

Prices have stauled, USA is just playing catch up lol.

6800 XT OcUK has been £949 for weeks with tax, in USA our price would $1300
3060Ti under $500 from OcUK

It is also why we block all external shipments now and only sell to UK mainland as UK is a little faster at getting the prices down and pushing for deals, certainly at OcUK anyway. Our 3060/3060Ti deals caused huge uproar amongst competitors, but hey were pushing and not napping. :)

Soldato
A midrange card offering only half the performance of RTX 3090 / RX 6900 XT?!
LMAO, you're welcome. I never said it was good value. I wouldn't buy one at MSRP personally.

Prices have stauled, USA is just playing catch up lol.

6800 XT OcUK has been £949 for weeks with tax, in USA our price would $1300
3060Ti under $500 from OcUK

It is also why we block all external shipments now and only sell to UK mainland as UK is a little faster at getting the prices down and pushing for deals, certainly at OcUK anyway. Our 3060/3060Ti deals caused huge uproar amongst competitors, but hey were pushing and not napping. :)

Hey now... don't you go saying the "greatest country on earth" is behind in something LOL. :D

1) You are a business with money to make. If the market changes, that's life. Any of my comments are 'the market' not OcUK just to be clear. I don't have to like the prices, so vote with my wallet:p (I could expand on this lots, but I'm sure you get what I'm saying, I don't think OcUK is the devil lol).
2) This is why I want you guys to come to the USA. Your engagement with customers, and actually being enthusiasts in the computer world is amazing. I like saving money, but who doesn't like having that direct support of a company they can actually talk to :)

-----

Seems like shipping costs from the east are one of the biggest factors now, outside of semi-conductor shortages. In the USA we also have silly tariff's as well, although I'm not sure how that applies to Taiwan.

OcUK Staff
LMAO, you're welcome. I never said it was good value. I wouldn't buy one at MSRP personally.

Hey now... don't you go saying the "greatest country on earth" is behind in something LOL. :D

1) You are a business with money to make. If the market changes, that's life. Any of my comments are 'the market' not OcUK just to be clear. I don't have to like the prices, so vote with my wallet:p (I could expand on this lots, but I'm sure you get what I'm saying, I don't think OcUK is the devil lol).
2) This is why I want you guys to come to the USA. Your engagement with customers, and actually being enthusiasts in the computer world is amazing. I like saving money, but who doesn't like having that direct support of a company they can actually talk to :)

-----

Seems like shipping costs from the east are one of the biggest factors now, outside of semi-conductor shortages. In the USA we also have silly tariff's as well, although I'm not sure how that applies to Taiwan.

Shipping cost have unfortunately become insane, even a recent air shipment I did, the cost is like 4-5x higher than it once was, hopefully next year cost will come back down.

Back
Top Bottom