• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Associate
@Gibbo are there many reference 6950xt’s in stock? I’ll pick one up in and around Black Friday, if it makes sense and the price is right…

I have a 3090 at the minute for MW2 which frankly runs like garbage. So switching to AMD which apparently runs much better with IW engine.

Last edited:
Associate
Couple of places have early BF deals out already. Gibbo has indicated some prices Overclockers is aiming at for BF just a few posts above.

Just picked up a MSI 6900 XT for £629. New 7000 series will be available Dec 13th which should squeeze prices but after watching the 4090 release and everything going up I'm just taking the jump and getting the card now.
That seems logical. I’m actually hoping to sell my secondhand 3090 for more than I got it for. :D

OcUK Staff
@Gibbo are there many reference 6950xt’s in stock? I’ll pick one up in and around Black Friday, if it makes sense and the price is right…

I have a 3090 at the minute for MW2 which frankly runs like garbage. So switching to AMD which apparently runs much better with IW engine.

They will all be gone within the next week or so, I won't be discounting any further as sales are strong. Not planning or bringing any more 6950 XT in plus I don't think there is any stock left anyway. 6900 XT is readily in stock for £649

Associate
They will all be gone within the next week or so, I won't be discounting any further as sales are strong. Not planning or bringing any more 6950 XT in plus I don't think there is any stock left anyway. 6900 XT is readily in stock for £649
Yeah, I’m planning just on holding out for as long as I can really. Thanks for the information, though.

Associate
I was going to post a new thread for this but this one seem to be a place to add my frustration. i am utterly depressed about current prices especially from Nvidia. I’ve waited about 3 years to upgrade my 10 year old PC mostly hinging and waiting on the Graphic cards hoping that when crypto mining reduces and the Pandemic is over things would fall. But sadly all we are seeing is prices continuing going UP. People without money to burn can't afford the current prices. I am a creator in 3D and so for me Nvidia and ray tracing and Cuda seems the correct and only way to go for me. i have recently considered going AMD with the new cards announced being cheaper but i think for what i need i don’t have much option than to go green, untill AMD gets more industry support.
it like a tsunami of price hikes with Mobos, ram and everything else costing a small fortune and no prices actually falling and going in the opposite direction. It’s ludicrous

How is all this going to end when the RTX 6090 is out at a cool £3,500? Will we still be buying these extortionate cards? When a top of the line consumer system is 6 - 7K and budget is 3k? will everyone be happy with that?

Last edited:
Soldato
We really need the average spec to go up if we want to see better games that take advantage of the hardware. At the current pricing it will be years before that happens. People blame consoles for holding back PC gaming but high prices of GPU's is at least as much to blame. I can only think that volume must be a factor as there is a lot more to be made in bringing out a must have GPU that is affordable than selling vastly smaller numbers to the whales. Mass market is always where the money is.

Soldato
The wide spec range also allows for more issues due to the sheer number of configurations in use right now. It's not good, it would be nice if 3060ti became baseline and cpus became cheap enough that most people would have 5 year old max setups.

Last edited:
Associate
As long as the majority of players will have a performance between a GTX 1050 and a 1660 minimum requirements won't budge.

The wide spec range also allows for more issues due to the sheer number of configurations in use right now. It's not good, it would be nice if 3060ti became baseline and cpus became cheap enough that most people would have 5 year old max setups.
It doesn't help matters that AMD & Nvidia are trying to outdo each other in who has the worse cards like the 6400 & the 1630.I propose a middle gound which is minimum GTX 1080 console like targeted performance @ 1080p which is already over 6 years old.You think everyone should all have cards at that level by now but at this rate, it be another several years when 3060Ti/2080Ti level is mainstream because of the price/performance stagnation.

Soldato
I don't have a GPU still. Older cards not discounted enough and newer ones too much. I'm almost considering AMD at this rate.

It would be for 1440p UWD.

edit. Didn't realise how strong that 6900xt gibbo reduced was.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom