• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Permabanned
If any of you want a GPU now then just do it, it is at the end of the day up to you.
In January I ordered my 3070 and it's been fantastic, I paid £865 new, it is now £775 from the same store.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yup.
I have been fine with it, the level of performance I get from it is perfect.
I was not staying on an RTX 2060 at QHD any longer.

In January all other cards were at the 1k mark or above.

It is a very good card indeed. I was very happy with mine. Only recently sold it and added £185 on top and upgraded to a 3080 Ti. I did not really need the extra performance for what I was playing, but I was never going pay Nvidia and AMD’s asking price this gen so I decided this will do. Around 50% performance and vram so I am sorted until Jensen says “my Ada friends, it is now safe to upgrade” or Lisa sorts out something :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Prices won't be coming down because too many people are voting for high prices with their wallets.

If people refused to pay then Nvidia and AMD will lower prices. They'll have no choice.

Instead, Jenson is thinking "sales are good, that means the prices are perfect".

That is never going to happen. That said, there are only so many people willing to pay 4 figures for a GPU. This will be another Turing generation if they stick to current pricing. Sales will relatively start to dry up in the next couple of months. If they have managed to get rid of all their Ampere stock by then they will likely eventually need to lower prices to get rid of all that silicone. But first they will milk as many people willing to pay the higher prices they can.

Soldato
That is never going to happen. That said, there are only so many people willing to pay 4 figures for a GPU. This will be another Turing generation if they stick to current pricing. Sales will relatively start to dry up in the next couple of months. If they have managed to get rid of all their Ampere stock by then they will likely eventually need to lower prices to get rid of all that silicone. But first they will milk as many people willing to pay the higher prices they can.
Mmm that sweet salty gamer milk, its like fight milk but better.

Soldato
What? You realise there are other options than jealousy out there right? How did any of what you quoted come across as salty?
It didn't, guess I just made a poor joke because he mentioned milk with the implication of current owners being upset by prive drops in the future and I've been watching always sunny

Last edited:
Soldato
Is okay, sometimes I don't understand my own humour

Yepppp all been there :)

RE GPU's I have to remind myself that just because a new gen comes out, doesn't suddenly mean my card doesn't work as well. If the 4080 was actually 12-1300 I could very well see myself going sod it and getting one tbh. Then again, I'm worrying about the rapid rate current cards are 'vanishing'.

Associate
What people tend to forget is the 'old' gen stuff is still really good at 1080p and 2K.

The 4080 maybe 'up-to' 70% faster than a 3080, but at double the price that's poor performance/£ and entirely pointless at anything but 4K with ray tracing enabled (of which I doubt the 4080 will be that good at (unless you count fake frames))

Back
Top Bottom