• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

OcUK Staff
Good points but as we brought this up last gen nobody seemed to get to the bottom of it. We used to have a couple of AMD reps on here that we could pester, but as they seemed to have moved on the only person that seems to reply to this talk would be @Gibbo . Now recently OcUK were listing 6950XT's or some flavour that were reference cards so it would be nice to hear what the current craic is with Reference models and UK retailers...

AMD only let us sell reference cards so far when they need help moving slow stock, hence the 6950 and 6750 we currently have at good price, both are nearly sold out and we took the last remaining stocks at the time, AMD have not been in touch offering more.

AMD tend to keep reference cards in the UK only for special projects and corporate customers, they don't seem interested in offering them to consumers generally and as can be seen they are not even remotely close to the MSRP because in these modern times MSRP's seem to only be for the first handful of product sold and normally done via a rebate or towards the end of a products life cycle or something very positive happens like the pound has a huge recovery, the latter could happen if the new and current PM is actually any good. :)

Soldato
Mostly look like 580s (as per @Purgatory hiveOS statistics said all along). If this was what the flood theory was singing then.. I suppose they would be better than a 6500XT! :cry:
All of the cards in those photos are 2060s I believe. The MSI Ventus and Asus TUF coolers match their 2060 designs and whilst the black and red ones look a bit like MSI Gaming X Polaris cards, they're actually Colorful Battle Ax 2060s.

f28c89145bc5c930ba927o6d7x.jpg

Associate
GPU prices will go down when game prices go down and 59.99+ seems to be the new normal now
Not all games are that sort of price - last one I bought (pre-ordered day before it released) cost £19.49 - Return to Monkey Island. Its also the "feels about right" price for it given the amount of content in it. Still on an RX470, so I'm at about upgrade time once the lower/mid tier graphics cards launch (4060 or AMD equivalent).

Associate
Not all games are that sort of price - last one I bought (pre-ordered day before it released) cost £19.49 - Return to Monkey Island. Its also the "feels about right" price for it given the amount of content in it. Still on an RX470, so I'm at about upgrade time once the lower/mid tier graphics cards launch (4060 or AMD equivalent).

I couldn't believe the price of some games when released, although to be fair I can appreciate how much must have been needed to make something like Red Dead 2. I don't think I've ever paid full price for a PC game though and make good use of the Steam wishlist to spot discounts.

Back
Top Bottom