• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Associate
Last quarter had basically 1990s GPU shipment volume, at this pace the Steam Deck will surpass GPU shipments (and at approximately 100k per month already has a sales share similar to Intel!)...

Associate
I sold my 5700XT on here and didn't scalp (That said, I still sold it for near what I originally bought it for which was about at launch)

this is the thing, graphics card prices havent gone down much at all. all that has happened is a new generation has come out and Nvidia have jacked up the price because they can. With a huge market share and no competition they can exploit the market.

Last edited:
Soldato
They can't really. As I've said before when they start running out of cash they'll be forced to liquidate stock just to pay the bills, in the last year their cash reserves have been falling while the value of stock sitting on shelves has been going up.
We know from their latest financial report that the value of their "Inventories" (I assume that's stock sitting on shelves) went from $2,605 billion at the end of January 2022 to $5,159 billion at the end of the same period in 2023 so they're sitting on a hell of a lot of stock in terms of value and we also know from the same financial report that their "Cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities" went from $21,208 billion down to $13,296 in the same period.

At some point they'll have to turn those "Inventories" into "Cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities" just to pay their bills.
Yes they're holding onto stock but they can only sustain that for so long before, once they don't have enough cash to the bills they'll have no choice but to start turning that $5bn worth of stock into cash.

Associate
They can't really. As I've said before when they start running out of cash they'll be forced to liquidate stock just to pay the bills, in the last year their cash reserves have been falling while the value of stock sitting on shelves has been going up.

Yes they're holding onto stock but they can only sustain that for so long before, once they don't have enough cash to the bills they'll have no choice but to start turning that $5bn worth of stock into cash.
They don't have any right to obscene margin, it's time market forces give us some equilibrium.

Soldato
this is the thing, graphics card prices havent gone down much at all. all that has happened is a new generation has come out and Nvidia have jacked up the price because they can. With a huge market share and no competition they can exploit the market.

They can set the price anywhere they like, sure, but that doesn't mean they can sell any amount of them at any price. The higher the prices, the fewer they will sell. These things no longer print money.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
They can set the price anywhere they like, sure, but that doesn't mean they can sell any amount of them at any price. The higher the prices, the fewer they will sell. These things no longer print money.

£699 and they can take my money for a 4080. But offer expires 2023. Won't be interested come 2024 as by then might as well wait a bit longer and go 5000 series which will have DLSS 4.

DLSS 4 will be locked to 5000 series. Not only will it be a substantial increase in fps and image quality, it will also improve your gaming by inserting not just fake frames, but fake key inputs :D

Associate

true they do not, however setting the price sky high for cards because they can is a disservice to the consumer in a cost of living crisis. i'd expect a bump on prices from the last gen + inflation but when prices almost double you have to think this is to please shareholders and nothing more. it should be consumer first rather than shareholder first. pleaseing shareholders will alienate your market resulting in people not buying expensive cards ultimately yeilding in less profits for shareholders. its a lose lose situation.

Soldato
DLSS 4 will be locked to 5000 series. Not only will it be a substantial increase in fps and image quality, it will also improve your gaming by inserting not just fake frames, but fake key inputs :D
Yes, from fake frames to fake input is the next step.

Never mind aim bots, Nvidia's expertise in AI will play* the games for you. No more tedious key presses or mouse clicks: no more RSI; be the envy of your peers while Nvidia's revolutionary DLSS plays the game for you!

*The phone's auto suggest had put down "pay" instead of "play". Maybe the word Nvidia triggered it?!

Associate
Yes, from fake frames to fake input is the next step.

Never mind aim bots, Nvidia's expertise in AI will play* the games for you. No more tedious key presses or mouse clicks: no more RSI; be the envy of your peers while Nvidia's revolutionary DLSS plays the game for you!

*The phone's auto suggest had put down "pay" instead of "play". Maybe the word Nvidia triggered it?!
And DLSS6 will play a video of the game for you at 999fps 8k! With Nvidia no more playing fatigue!

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
Associate
Back
Top Bottom