• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Associate
back on topic though.

Looks like they are starting to, XTX now £999, for decent versions Pulse, and the Hellhound SKUs. looks like they are starting to come down. The hellhound on OCUK isn't even marked as "10% off" or anything just base price of £999

Last edited:
Associate
He's always been like that from memory, like through gritted teeth when he has to **** on nvidia pains him personally.
Dunno with Jay, hes been mostly Nvidia yes but I reckon thats because of EVGA that were incidentally only Nvidia, if EVGA did AMD I am sure we would see more AMD GPUs being listed in his videos.

Now that they are gone for GPUs, we are likely to see a more even approach now since he has to basically get gpus from any other vendor now which includes having AMD.

Soldato
This happened with cpu's though I recall (with intel anyway), every release ended up with a boring predictable 10% or thereabouts and not worth the cash so the upgrade cycle for me anyway got wider and wider.

This generation they are trying to be economical with VRAM,because they hope that enough games might run OK. But next generation there will be no choice but to have to work around this(extra VRAM and other methods).

Soldato
This generation they are trying to be economical with VRAM,because they hope that enough games might run OK. But next generation there will be no choice but to have to work around this(extra VRAM and other methods).
Maybe but from what i can tell they're investing large amounts of R&D into a software based solution (memory compression), assumedly because they don't want to cannibalise the margins on 'professional' cards.

e: When i say they i mean Nvidia as AMD don't really have much of a professional market share to cannibalise so people being able to buy a cheaper consumer GPU with large amounts of VRAM has less effect on them.

Last edited:
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Well that's the best reason I have seen in years because before then it was "my card has no issues" whereas segmenting your tiers (although annoying) explains why they don't want to give you much. The 3060 kind of put the spanner in the works.

As HU said though when your prices are so premium; above $500 people are quite right to expect more considering 6 and 8 GB cards have been around for ages.

Soldato
I'd guess they're willing to put more VRAM on lower end cards like the 3060 because the performance gap is so large that they're not really viable for 'professional' workloads, it's just a guess though as IDK much about 'professional' workloads other than certain tasks operate on large data sets.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom