• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Associate
TBH i don't really watch either him nor Linus anymore, I watch the occasional build log or review (just skipping to the charts as a comparative) but I prefer Gamers Nexus if i want something better. But I find linus just too whiney and I find it patronising when a multi-millionaire is telling me what I should think "good value" is. He also complains far too much about people not understanding him and does this annoying puppydog eyes of "I don't understand what i done wrong" just want to slap him!

Jay I find less annoying but he is defo a Nvidia Fan but like you said just could have been because of EVGA, but he definatly rides whatever bandwagon is the most popular at the time.

I actually dislike gamers nexus as he's really rubbish at reviewing things at the proposed budget segment it's in like motherboard.

He complains why a budget board doesn't have this or that and why they chose cheaper parts.

He's heavily contributed to consumers having access to only expensive motherboards because they don't want bad reviews.

He only sees things from a enthusiast pov and that's what's being detrimental to the industry.

Jay mostly does build logs with water-cooling.

But yeah, I still think jay was just a evga shill as opposed to Nvidia, he would always try to use evga boards where they brought out a new one.

Soldato
I actually dislike gamers nexus as he's really rubbish at reviewing things at the proposed budget segment it's in like motherboard.

He complains why a budget board doesn't have this or that and why they chose cheaper parts.

He's heavily contributed to consumers having access to only expensive motherboards because they don't want bad reviews.

He only sees things from a enthusiast pov and that's what's being detrimental to the industry.

But yeah, I still think jay was just a evga shill as opposed to Nvidia, he would always try to use evga boards where they brought out a new one.

The thing that annoys me with Steve from Gamers Nexus is his voice and never ending trying to be funny and he speaks like a drunk and spends way too long with tear downs that could be speeded up. I use to like him before but in his new form I just end up clicking out of the videos once he speaks. Sadly use to be a good channel as most were and now all shilling in some form or another or trying to create clicks from drama.

Associate
The thing that annoys me with Steve from Gamers Nexus is his voice and never ending trying to be funny and he speaks like a drunk and spends way too long with tear downs that could be speeded up. I use to like him before but in his new form I just end up clicking out of the videos once he speaks. Sadly use to be a good channel as most were and now all shilling in some form or another or trying to create clicks from drama.
I get what you mean though I think Steve is more for clicks but his content is damaging to the consumers in terms of product segments.

Where it's fraud, that's fine to go off on one, but to disencourage manufacturers to build actual budget parts was stupid.

Most people do not need over built parts in the mainstream, and he's created this through drama.

Caporegime
image.png

Associate

I get that but let's be honest 99% of motherboard reviews are pointless, i'm more clued in than most when it comes to tech but even I have no idea why I would want a £300+ motherboard. (christ my current one was under £150 and I just bought a cheap B450 whatever tier it was, skipped the top entirely. Motherboards are overated unless you plan on doing insane level of overclocks. Most will support XMP or basic Memory overclocks that they are rated for, they all support every GPU regardless. Motherboards are the one area of computing I just don't understand the different prices/tiers, they all seem to do the same thing. And i'm not paying 100s more for 1 or 2fps benefit.

I agree partially, if anything i'd like someone to be inbetween the detail Steve offers and the simplicity of Linus. Linus is too simple and has a "trust me bro" attitude which I don't like, and I don't care enough to watch a 30mins breakdown from Steve, i try to care for a few videos but I just couldn't muster the ability, If it's a particular issue that impacted me Steve would be fantastic, if I had a 7900X3D I've be watching his videos from start to end, but for a subject which doesn't impact me I don't need nor care about that level of detail.

The one thing I do on ALL US YOUTUBERS!!! I need to stress that, is put the watch speed to 2x, honestly Steve especially sounds like a normal talking speed at 2x. Unless i'm weird but I find they all talk slow as hell.

Soldato
The one thing I do on ALL US YOUTUBERS!!! I need to stress that, is put the watch speed to 2x, honestly Steve especially sounds like a normal talking speed at 2x. Unless i'm weird but I find they all talk slow as hell.

May have to try that and play at 2x to see if he sounds more normal. He just sounds like a drunk or someone high to me and really dislike that way of talking.

Associate
May have to try that and play at 2x to see if he sounds more normal. He just sounds like a drunk or someone high to me and really dislike that way of talking.

Trust me on that one, not only does he sound better, his videos are only 15mins so are a far easier watch lol.
After 10 mins they get paid more iirc, hence a lot being just over 10.

Oh yeh I know about the 10min rule, 2x though they're all 5mins so even better ha.

Soldato
I don't mind Steve from GN, but lost a lot of respect when he was slagging off the AMD 5800x on release, he was way off.

I dunno the guy's name, but the ***Not appropriate*** looking one on GN is actually by far the best one on there IMO, and have really enjoyed some of his videos.

Linus it just feels like he's constantly showing off.

I don't watch either regularly though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
It's a natural consequence of increasing your outlay on equipment/staff trying to create enough content to maintain faith with the algorithm which will punish them for trending downwards at all.

Soldato
You may be thinking of LTT, they have a Jabba (no offense to my fellow Jabba's).
He could also be thinking of Wendell from level1 tech (he's seriously knowledgable in his area of expertise, networking, servers etc), he's been involved on some of GN's video's, and LTT in fact, when it comes to servers and most recently the x3D exploding video (phone only iirc).

Personally I don't mind LTT, I don't watch it for knowledge when most of us on here are likely similar levels, it's more entertainment and them doing things I can't afford to do.... they also kick sponsors but don't always make such a big deal of it.
Gamers Nexus.... I struggle with them, they're just a bit too dull and long winded, I'm also not convinced they know as much as they try to make out.
Jay2Cents.... ok but can be annoying at the same time... can be a bit clickbaity..
I do with they'd all lay off the 'lowest denominator' jokes a bit though, they're getting a bit old now...

Honestly I'd say, at least with the current climate with less new stuff coming out, I'm struggling to find a reliable totally unbiased 'tech streamer'.... basically they're needing to keep people on side or they might not have a job.

OcUK Staff
That is Sapphire's cheapest AIB card. So I'd have thought its the MSRP card. Hence it is £999 now and dropping.

It's like how the cheapest Zotac, MSI, Gigabyte 4070 ti cards are their MSRP cards.

Only MBA cards were MSRP. All AIB cards were priced above MSRP and still are.
The GBP strengthening against the USD has allowed the Pulse to drop in at the MSRP of the MBA card, but it is actually below its own MSRP of £1049.99.

Last edited:
Associate
Only MBA cards were MSRP. All AIB cards were priced above MSRP and still are.
The GBP strengthening against the USD has allowed the Pulse to drop in at the MSRP of the MBA card, but it is actually below its own MSRP of £1049.99.

I wonder if the Nitro will follow :rolleyes:

Associate
Price of Nitro has dropped considerably, it is £1099 on OcUK which I think is one of best prices in UK and we have it in stock. :)

If MBA cards were still available they'd be about £949 now, but that product is EOL.

There were £1129 this morning! hmmm tempted again...

Soldato

Depends on the YouTuber's age I find. Linus, i put him on about 1.3 to 1.5. Same with GN. As any faster and I start to miss what they're saying sometimes. In other retro channels where the host is a lot older, I tend to find they speak slower so I put them on about 1.5 to 1.75. PatmanQC for example is quite old and has a speech issues due to disability so i put him on 2x and he sounds like a normal person talking that way

As for GamersNexus. I actually like how in-depth he gets, so when a new graphics card comes out I watch him and LTT and I get a decent full picture of the product between them. He seems difficult to please and i like that. If he says something is "ok" then i know it's a damn good product :D

Anthony from LTT is easily the best presenter on that channel (I assume that's the "Jabba" in question).
By far the best, he's a huge asset to LTT, and sometimes i wish he comes out of his shell a bit more and sorts himself out physically i think he can be a great and successful YouTuber all on his own. He obviously had it tough and has had anxiety issues but he's come a long way already in the last couple of years

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom