• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Associate
He should be impartial. His gaffs and jokes are ok I don't mind a bit of being human, but over time I just found he was not useful.
I agree with impartial, though I guess if people view his channel as a clinical channel in reviews then has been watching the wrong channel for many years.

But I am guessing hes had great working relations with EVGA with supply of parts that seemed to work in his favour, this was true for most of their product stack in fairness.

Soldato
Maybe but from what i can tell they're investing large amounts of R&D into a software based solution (memory compression), assumedly because they don't want to cannibalise the margins on 'professional' cards.

e: When i say they i mean Nvidia as AMD don't really have much of a professional market share to cannibalise so people being able to buy a cheaper consumer GPU with large amounts of VRAM has less effect on them.

Problem is that even that needs dGPU resources to that on top of DLSS,FG,etc. The issue is if with RDNA4,AMD ends up with more VRAM AND can do something similar.

I'd guess they're willing to put more VRAM on lower end cards like the 3060 because the performance gap is so large that they're not really viable for 'professional' workloads, it's just a guess though as IDK much about 'professional' workloads other than certain tasks operate on large data sets.
They were going to do the same until all the bad PR forced them to make an RTX4060TI 16GB.

Soldato
back on topic though.

Looks like they are starting to, XTX now £999, for decent versions Pulse, and the Hellhound SKUs. looks like they are starting to come down. The hellhound on OCUK isn't even marked as "10% off" or anything just base price of £999

That is just MSRP. Should actually be even lower with the stronger £ since launch.

Last edited:
Associate
I've steered away from ASUS for some time, horror RMA stories being the main reason but what left an even more sour taste in my mouth was when OCUK offered to step in and support on ASUS returns (I forget the exact details now) and then OCUK removed that support without even communicating it - people were still buying products expecting a decent after sales service. All felt wrong.

Soldato
I've steered away from ASUS for some time, horror RMA stories being the main reason but what left an even more sour taste in my mouth was when OCUK offered to step in and support on ASUS returns (I forget the exact details now) and then OCUK removed that support without even communicating it - people were still buying products expecting a decent after sales service. All felt wrong.
Yes, I have no issues with occasional product having faults, it's how those are dealt with that separates the good companies from the also-rans. I've had MSI, Sapphire, Gigabyte and Powercolor products and only remember one issue with an MSI P67a-GD65 motherboard that was recalled and the swap out was pretty painless.

Soldato
?

It was 1.23 ish to the pound when it was released and it's 1.25 to the pound now. Hardly much difference.

It should be like £30-£35 cheaper. The card was £999 on release, with exchange rates leading up to it in the low 1.2s, lets say 1.22.

I wouldn't focus on one particular day. Its more the average over a period of time. It has dropped to 1.25 this friday as markets closed, has been steadily increasing for weeks with it being 1.26 for a week before then.

Either way, £999 isn't GPU prices dropping.

Last edited:
Soldato
It should be like £30-£35 cheaper. The card was £999 on release, with exchange rates leading up to it in the low 1.2s, lets say 1.22.

I wouldn't focus on one particular day. Its more the average over a period of time. It has dropped to 1.25 this friday as markets closed, has been steadily increasing for weeks with it being 1.26 for a week before then.

Either way, £999 isn't GPU prices dropping.

Is is MSRP of the Pulse £999? The reference cards were but I wouldn't the Pulse be a bit more?

Soldato
Is is MSRP of the Pulse £999? The reference cards were but I wouldn't the Pulse be a bit more?

That is Sapphire's cheapest AIB card. So I'd have thought its the MSRP card. Hence it is £999 now and dropping.

It's like how the cheapest Zotac, MSI, Gigabyte 4070 ti cards are their MSRP cards.

Last edited:
Associate
He should be impartial. His gaffs and jokes are ok I don't mind a bit of being human, but over time I just found he was not useful.

Completely agree. He can be entertaining but I haven't subscribed to his channel (or LTT for that matter) as other tech tubers focus more on the information I find important when looking at a product.

Associate
I agree with impartial, though I guess if people view his channel as a clinical channel in reviews then has been watching the wrong channel for many years.

But I am guessing hes had great working relations with EVGA with supply of parts that seemed to work in his favour, this was true for most of their product stack in fairness.

TBH i don't really watch either him nor Linus anymore, I watch the occasional build log or review (just skipping to the charts as a comparative) but I prefer Gamers Nexus if i want something better. But I find linus just too whiney and I find it patronising when a multi-millionaire is telling me what I should think "good value" is. He also complains far too much about people not understanding him and does this annoying puppydog eyes of "I don't understand what i done wrong" just want to slap him!

Jay I find less annoying but he is defo a Nvidia Fan but like you said just could have been because of EVGA, but he definatly rides whatever bandwagon is the most popular at the time.

Back
Top Bottom