• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Double the price of a 3060ti also so your not even getting better price performance than a 2.5 year old card.
But I am. It’s 15% better than a 6950xt and within 10-12% of a 4080. I’m maxing out my monitor in most of my fps games on ultra @1440p. I’m not sure I need any more performance as it would be wasted?

Last edited:
The performance is fine it’s the price you shouldn’t be happy with, would you be happy about paying double the 7900xt price in a couple of years for another +100% perf?
Put it that way, probably not.
I did get my XT for £670 after retailer discount/rebate so I thought that was reasonable price to pay before the value of the 60ti tanked too much to sell onto the used market.

I do get where you are coming from in terms of value and price- just personally couldn’t wait any longer and just wanted to enjoy my games without turning settings down.

Last edited:
Double the price of a 3060ti also so your not even getting better price performance than a 2.5 year old card.

But I am. It’s 15% better than a 6950xt and within 10-12% of a 4080. I’m maxing out my monitor in most of my fps games on ultra @1440p. I’m not sure I need any more performance as it would be wasted?

Not sure whether you agree that I should be happy with the performance or not lol?
Joxeon said your not getting better price to performance than a 2.5 year old card, you said you are so I was just pointing out that your not :p

Joxeon said your not getting better price to performance than a 2.5 year old card, you said you are so I was just pointing out that your not :p
And as I said above I’m happy with my purchase and have no regrets about its performance. 7900XT gives a decent performance uplift over last gen for the money and I think I did a smart thing swapping out a 60ti for it without taking too much of a loss.

It plays all my games and is better than a 6950xt in all aspects and I only paid £70 more than it (6950xt mba is usually retailing around £600).

Last edited:
You’re entitled to your views, I respect that. But we have to work with what we have not what we would like to have had ;) I’m pretty happy with the performance of 7900xt (double that of my 60ti, and 15% faster than last gen AMD flagship).

This will and should last me ages, at least another 2 gens perhaps.

Not sure games will take a leap beyond current console capabilities so anything around 6800XT/3080 should be enough till 2026 (when next gen consoles should release).

You haven't disagreed with me, though. I didn't say that the performance of the 7900XT was poor.

I was spending some idle time on Youtube watching some speculation and rumour videos about the missing RDNA3 cards. Regardless of AMD following nvidia's lead (as usual) in deceptive naming, there are missing cards. It's not normal to release only 3 models, with nothing officially between $270 and $900.

The obvious part of the answer is that the cards are being held back deliberately to try to sell unsold stocks of RDNA2 cards. But the rumour is that AIBs aren't interested in the other RDNA3 cards anyway because they don't think they could make money on them. Which sounds plausible to me. Not many people will want to buy cards that have the same performance as last gen but at a higher price, with the only improvement being lower energy use and less bad ray tracing (but still not good enough to be much use). Even nvidia, with their army of fans eager to overpay, have fallen foul of that with the 4060 Ti 16GB. AMD would fall foul of it far more easily. The most optimistic hopefulness I saw was that the rest of the RDNA3 cards will be available within 3 months and will give the same performance as RDNA2 cards at the same price. And that was optimism. More optimistic than me, certainly.

Maybe Battlemage will come out in Q1 2024 and maybe it will be good and maybe the pricing will be good. Intel have certainly learned a lot about how not to make drivers and other graphics software.

Last edited:
I was spending some idle time on Youtube watching some speculation and rumour videos about the missing RDNA3 cards. Regardless of AMD following nvidia's lead (as usual) in deceptive naming, there are missing cards. It's not normal to release only 3 models, with nothing officially between $270 and $900.

The obvious part of the answer is that the cards are being held back deliberately to try to sell unsold stocks of RDNA2 cards. But the rumour is that AIBs aren't interested in the other RDNA3 cards anyway because they don't think they could make money on them. Which sounds plausible to me. Not many people will want to buy cards that have the same performance as last gen but at a higher price, with the only improvement being lower energy use and less bad ray tracing (but still not good enough to be much use). Even nvidia, with their army of fans eager to overpay, have fallen foul of that with the 4060 Ti 16GB. AMD would fall foul of it far more easily. The most optimistic hopefulness I saw was that the rest of the RDNA3 cards will be available within 3 months and will give the same performance as RDNA2 cards at the same price. And that was optimism. More optimistic than me, certainly.

Maybe Battlemage will come out in Q1 2024 and maybe it will be good and maybe the pricing will be good. Intel have certainly learned a lot about how not to make drivers and other graphics software.

Those two reasons are interlinked. The rumour about the AIBs sounds plausible but that problem is reduced if the new cards don't have to compete with last gen stock. People might not be happy about it but if the need a new CPU at that price point then a 7600 or 7800 is what they'll have to buy (or go Nvidia).

The whole situation is so ******.

personally don't understand a drop on a halo gpu, yes obviously high margins, but a surely a mid/low end cut would be more financially beneficial, imagine they sell hundreds of mid/low cards to one halo gpu

I reckon it is simply exchange rate related, taking the chance to try and add a little spice to the 4090 in the UK market.
The new price not specifically representing the recent jump to 1.31, but there has been slow steady increase since March when it was at 1.2 (the recent jump above 1.3 likely means they feel sufficient buffer to adjust the price slightly and that they won't get undone by natural fluctuations).

Last edited:

That is the fault of AMD being greedy like Nvidia. If they made the RX7700XT 30% faster than the RX6700XT at around £399,and the RX7800XT 30% faster than the RX6800 at around £499,then AIB partners might be interested.

30% is barely a huge generational uplift. If they CBA,why should their AIB partners and consumers care?

That is the fault of AMD being greedy like Nvidia. If they made the RX7700XT 30% faster than the RX6700XT at around £399,and the RX7800XT 30% faster than the RX6800 at around £499,then AIB partners might be interested.

30% is barely a huge generational uplift. If they CBA,why should their AIB partners and consumers care?
The 7800XT is 30% faster than a 6800XT but AMD thought they could charge £900 for it by changing the name and that consumers are dumb.

It was at first but the UK had no reference reseller really like other countries so the volume was a trickle to none existent. £650 is about where the 7900XT (really a 7800XT) should start.

Yeah that's why is was asking about how much a 6800XT cost. The 7900XT should be around that +5-10% (maybe).

Back
Top Bottom