• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

I paid £1769 for my SuprimX, I am not looking forward to playing the coil whine lottery on a new card, it took me 4 exchanges to get one that was inaudible.

Yeah mine has coil whine, but always got headphones on if I'm actually playing, so a non issue for me, but understandable for those who like quiet systems and are playing with speakers etc

Are the liquid versions not a better idea to avoid this issue entirely?

Maybe some bargain basement 4090s used for £600 to buy off the 5090 enjoyers then? (Seems to be a fair few in here)

I see it holding it's price above 1K until 5080 comes out anyway, and the other scenario where most 4090 owners are happy with their cards and don't need the extra grunt... but the used prices are slowly creeping to £1300-£1400 now.

well, Ive sold my trusty 3060ti, now in the market for an upgrade around the £4-500 mark, considering a 7900 GRE, but really would prefer to stay with Nvidia, hoping for some price drops soon :)

Yeah mine has coil whine, but always got headphones on if I'm actually playing, so a non issue for me, but understandable for those who like quiet systems and are playing with speakers etc

Are the liquid versions not a better idea to avoid this issue entirely?

Yeah I rarely headphones tbh. Im not sure about the water ones being any better. Certainly not worth the extra for me personally.

Yeah I rarely headphones tbh. Im not sure about the water ones being any better. Certainly not worth the extra for me personally.

They've flipped and now ended up being the cheaper options brand new anyway.

I've always heard good things about the noise levels, even though performance can be slightly worse or better at stock than the suprimx.

That's fair enough.

well, Ive sold my trusty 3060ti, now in the market for an upgrade around the £4-500 mark, considering a 7900 GRE, but really would prefer to stay with Nvidia, hoping for some price drops soon :)

Surely you can't go wrong with the 7900 at that price range? unless you make use/prefer the added features of the latest gen nvidia cards? 4070 supers heading into that price range soon as well perhaps, unless you want something better.

@Personality+ Oh interesting, at launch I recall them being 2-300 more. That said, even at same price I'd have ended up with the standard due to how my pc is setup with the fans etc.

This card is the quietest I've ever had which is why I'd be reluctant to give it up. No reason to really either considering the games I play on it lol.

Will Nvidia put much effort making it a generation jump in terms of the x90 class? Considering AMD not going to compete.

Well, they won't have an easy nice jump like Samsung 8nm to TSMC's 5nm/4nm this time and AD102 is already 609mm² huge. In theory they could go multi die but rumours are they'll do AI and data centres multi die first.
They should also use TSMC's 3nm but that would eat into margins. Not sure what 5090 well bring actually.

As a side note I wonder, do people cut down on other expenses that increased over these years? Including going out, holidays, new cars, clothes, other gadgets etc?
Reprioritise in my case. Not a car person, but when a GPU is the same price as a holiday there's no chance of a buy unless that money is peanuts to me.

As a side note I wonder, do people cut down on other expenses that increased over these years? Including going out, holidays, new cars, clothes, other gadgets etc?
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom