• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

As a side note I wonder, do people cut down on other expenses that increased over these years? Including going out, holidays, new cars, clothes, other gadgets etc?
Yes, as I spend most of my time at home anyway. I've invested in things I'll actually use on a day to day basis, not upgraded my phone for 3 years, if I have issues I'll just get the battery replaced, or get a cheap replacement, and if we're on 2 year release cycles now or slightly longer, then the GPU is the only thing I'll be upgrading in the next 2 years.

And most importantly, no wife or children :D that would definitely mean no chance of my stupid habits that take place at the moment.

Reprioritise in my case. Not a car person, but when a GPU is the same price as a holiday there's no chance of a buy unless that money is peanuts to me.

I'll take the GPU over the holiday any day :P

giphy.gif

Good thing that 4090 can cook, clean and wash! :D

Prices aren't going to go down to what they were in previous years.

Also, consumers play their part in all of this in that they keep buying Nvidia. Likewise, Nvidia dictate the market due to their dominance.

A glimmer of hope in terms of pricing could be AMD concentrating the mid-range for RDNA 4.

New information on the upcoming AMD RDNA 4 “Radeon RX 8000” GPUs and their performance placement has been published by Twitter user @All_The_Watts. According to this, the GPUs will comprise two different chipsets: the top-of-the-range Navi 48 chip and the mid-range Navi 44 chip.

The Navi 48 chip is said to be slightly slower than the best Navi 31 chip (Radeon RX 7900 XTX), but at the same time faster than the slimmed-down Navi 31 variant (Radeon RX 7900 XT). This would bring the performance of the next generation Navi 48 GPU roughly on a par with the GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER and the Radeon RX 7900 XT. The Navi 44 chip is aimed at the mid-range and should be faster than AMD’s Navi 33 GPU (Radeon RX 7600 series), but slower than the Navi 32 GPUs (Radeon RX 7800 & RX 7700 series). In terms of performance, you can expect similar performance to the RX 7700 XT and GeForce RTX 4060 Ti.

It’s important to note that AMD’s strategy with the RDNA 4 GPU architecture appears to be different from previous generations. RDNA 2 and RDNA 3 covered the entire performance spectrum from high-end to entry-level with their SKUs. With RDNA 4, however, the focus seems to be on the mid-range, as the originally planned top chip was canceled in favor of mid-range chips. This strategy is similar to that adopted by AMD for the RDNA 1 generation (Navi 10 / Navi 11/12). After a pause to reassess performance and value positioning in the mainstream segment, AMD made a brilliant return with the RDNA 2 generation, delivering one of the most competitive GPU families in recent years.

Although few details are yet known about the RDNA 4 GPUs, support for GDDR7 memory is likely. This will initially be available in 28/32 Gbps variants with 16Gb (2 GB VRAM per module). However, it is also possible that AMD will initially fall back on the more cost-effective GDDR6 memory. The new chips are also expected to be smaller and monolithic, which will eliminate the MCD design after just one year.

In addition to the RDNA 4 GPUs, the rumor also mentions the performance of the RDNA 3 iGPU, which will be installed in the upcoming Strix Point Halo APUs. These iGPUs are rumored to offer better performance than the current Navi 33 low-end GPUs, making them an attractive option for gamers. As Strix Halo will be a premium product with a significantly higher TDP, the question arises as to whether it is suitable for handheld devices or should rather be used in mini PCs, desktop consoles and even notebooks.

The new rumors about AMD’s RDNA 4 “Radeon RX 8000” GPUs are exciting and point to an interesting development. The focus on the mid-range and the return to a monolithic design could further strengthen AMD’s position in the graphics card market. The next few months will show whether the new GPUs can live up to expectations.

Source: @All_The_Watts

Last edited:
Prices aren't going to go down to what they were in previous years.

Also, consumers play their part in all of this in that they keep buying Nvidia. Likewise, Nvidia dictate the market due to their dominance.

A glimmer of hope in terms of pricing could be AMD concentrating the mid-range for RDNA 4.
If they continue to buy Nvidia... Like AMD is any better :))

Out with cheerleaders, how can anyone deny AMD not being better in the cost dept-especially if they value the hardware specs>software specs?

AMD's caused cheaper pricing this gen for being faster to a lot faster in raster-with more vram=NV had to drop the price from the 70 up adding new performance tiers to replace the slower outgoing GPU's with even 'cough' extra vram that the 70Ti aparantly didn't need :o with the 80 being more or less a rebrand with £200+ off the OG cost.

You could be reading this and laughing but RT/upscaling vram blah blah blah, but I laugh too when I hear RT/upscaling vram blah blah blah from my side of the fence too.

AMD was waaaaaaaaaay better for my needs in one of my systems this gen, which left me 25% better off in my pocket last year going 79XTX instead of 4080.

Wanting the highest cleanest textures available without offloading vram to system ram which is a driver overhead I don't want-been there too many times now with Nv's persistant planned obsolescence vram allocation.

Last edited:
Out with cheerleaders, how can anyone deny AMD not being better in the cost dept-especially if they value the hardware specs>software specs?

AMD's caused cheaper pricing this gen for being faster to a lot faster in raster-with more vram=NV had to drop the price from the 70 up adding new performance tiers to replace the slower outgoing GPU's with even 'cough' extra vram that the 70Ti aparantly didn't need :o with the 80 being more or less a rebrand with £200+ off the OG cost.

You could be reading this and laughing but RT/upscaling vram blah blah blah, but I laugh too when I hear RT/upscaling vram blah blah blah from my side of the fence too.

AMD was waaaaaaaaaay better for my needs in one of my systems this gen, which left me 25% better off in my pocket last year going 79XTX instead of 4080.

Wanting the highest cleanest textures available without offloading vram to system ram which is a driver overhead I don't want-been there too many times now with Nv's persistant planned obsolescence vram allocation.
How much better is AMD? Was so good that launched the 7800xt as 7900xt and added extra in price. the difference right now is pretty small overall, maybe some SKUs depending on offers would be better than others, but still nothing significantly better.

How much better is AMD? Was so good that launched the 7800xt as 7900xt and added extra in price. the difference right now is pretty small overall, maybe some SKUs depending on offers would be better than others, but still nothing significantly better.

As hu said themselves, go through a check list of features and games to confirm you won't use them or play said games and only then does amd become an option.

I'm seeing a whole lot of cheerleading AMD here.

Honestly, AMD just always gave me more card for the money.
I don't want to spend more than 600€ for a card, at that budget the RX 7900GRE was just the best option available, top of last gen performance for half the price.

AMD are barely any better than Nvidia, you get half to an extra tier of raster while getting a tier to 2 tiers worse RT.

Then it comes down to a bit more VRAM for worse upscaling so it’s not like AMD is offering anything substantial better.

I think Nvidia’s refresh was just down to poor gaming sales in general and not like people were rushing out to buy AMD instead which clearly hasn’t been the case.

If anything it was the release of cards like the 7900XTX/7900XT which caused an uptick in 4080 sales at the time.

Back
Top Bottom