Where are our mods?

Soldato
i'd do it but babysitting a forum which by it's nature is going to need a lot of babysitting (flame wars sparked off at the drop of a red ring anyone? :p) must be hard work.

I got suspended for a week for only starring out the letters "hi" in a 4 letter word that can be heard during day time tv. I like this forum because its well behaved but sometimes the mods go a little ban happy over nothing. I didn't even get a warning like others do and the ones that get a warning sometimes type the full sweary.

I've also been suspended a few times for competitor hinting but I've seen others actually say the name of the store and nothing actually happens to them.

i got suspended for the letter 'f' once in connection with no stars or what ever but hav e seen others in similar situations go free so to speak so i've fallen foul of the irregular modding, just depends who's doing it at the time and how closely they happen to be following the rules at the time i guess.

generally speaking we're all adults so should be able to get along and abide by the rules without constant intervention, it's just occasionally it gets to boiling point and the mods slap a few people down to send the message out.

Last edited:
Soldato
sometimes the mods go a little ban happy over nothing. I didn't even get a warning like others do and the ones that get a warning sometimes type the full sweary.

I've also been suspended a few times for competitor hinting but I've seen others actually say the name of the store and nothing actually happens to them.

That's because there isn't any consistent, regular moderation. Nothing happens for ages, then a decision gets taken to watch this place like a hawk resulting in any little misdemeanour being jumped on.

This lasts for about 3-4 weeks and it goes quiet again.

Soldato
NokkonWud is no longer round these parts which is a shame.

In the end though all console section seems to be is people craving attention for their busted console or people trolling and constantly trying to defend their choice of console. Then when you call them on it they shout the usual crap "I have owned all consoles..." like it somehow means they can't be a fanboy.

The only way to get this section back on track would be to get a couple of strict mods and really put people in their place. But again some of you will still find reason to complain.

Soldato
but if 'some of you' are the people initiating the arguments is it really any loss?

No it's not. Which is why it would be good to have strict mods and not necessarily mods that people like and are all cute and cuddly. If people have a problem with the rules then they can go and make their own forum.

Soldato
No it's not. Which is why it would be good to have strict mods and not necessarily mods that people like and are all cute and cuddly. If people have a problem with the rules then they can go and make their own forum.

fundamentally i agree, rules that exist should be upheld or there is no point having those rules (i've made this clear in other threads in other parts of the OcUK forum), but some rules just aren't applicable or wholly applicable in some cases as i've already mentioned in here. but i'll avoid breaking them purely because i value this place for more than just idle chit chat about where things are cheaper and i don't want to get slapped down because there's a crackdown that week.

Last edited:
Soldato
The thing that makes me laugh is that when discussing where to pick up cheap games has NOTHING to do with OCUK... Sure they also sell consoles but come on, OCUK do NOT have competitor prices on their consoles, it's a side project on the shop. Nothing more.

So when someone posts up a link to show others on this forum where to get a game (which, let me remind you, OCUK do NOT sell games! Get over it) it's a nice thing yet people throw a tantrum so they can suckle at the tit's of the OCUK community to look good...

Pathetic in my opinion. One way or another people will find a way around it to give tips to their fellow ocuk'ers to get great bargains on great games.

Hardware... Now thats a different story.

So sod off you brown nosers and enjoy the community.

ags

Soldato
The gaming section has always had minimal moderating until it comes to the product launches.

Thats the way it has been. Don't ask for something you don't want.

Back
Top Bottom