Where are our mods?

Permabanned
Needs to be strict and firm. There are a few people who are always getting other people's back up in the console section. I know who they are and would be willing to kick their backside off this forum!

you know who you are and i'm watching you.

couldn't of happened to a nicer person, join the club,

Judging by your comment in my thread, you mean me, you are how old?

Last edited:
Soldato
Judging by your comment in my thread, you mean me, you are how old?

Honestly I don't know / read your posts enough to comment but have seen a few posts where you suggest people buy a 360 in a PS3 thread. (like one where the thread title is just got a ps3 what should I buy).

I have no doubt that you are just being humerous, and not being serious but thing is people can be a little sensitive on the subject of consoles, sad as it is.

Not judging you at all, just saying. :)

I'll moderate.

Not sure if we specifically need more moderators or not...

I have been a moderator (actually admin) on a few forums before, it can be hard to keep the peace at times. Knowing when to get involved, how to defuse situations. Typically banning / long bans are the last thing moderators want to do. Especially to normally good posters.

Last edited:
Don
Consoles is my main sub forum on OCUK and I think it runs a long nicely, there are some heated discussions and various opinions that people don't agree with but that's all well for the community.

There are no moderating problems.

Soldato
Consoles is my main sub forum on OCUK and I think it runs a long nicely, there are some heated discussions and various opinions that people don't agree with but that's all well for the community.

There are no moderating problems.

The old saying of:

"Someone owns something I don't, or likes something I don't means they are wrong." Happens a lot in the consoles section. As long as people refrain from hair pulling it's all okay. :p

Well I certainly wouldn't like to be moderator, not that I'd be offered tbh, I don't really contribute enough really, the truth of the matter is I really wouldn't like to turn a hobby into a job, I've made that mistake before, it can't be easy to moderate a place like this, especially for free, really don't envy their job tbh.

Overall I do think we do quite a good job of self-moderating in the games section, but it would be nice to have a mod keeping a good eye on this place more often, or at least taking action on rtm's more (providing they are valid of course).

Man of Honour
Moderators do their best, but imagine the volume of posts across a forum this size and trying to monitor it all - especially since they aren't getting paid for it (most don't work for OCUK remember).

All we can do is RTM and try to defuse situations ourselves and tell people they are breaking the rules.

TBH, looking through the first page of the RTM forum, most RTMs are dealt within minutes rather than hours. If anything we have plenty of more capacity to deal with RTMs - we just need more users to report posts (not that all RTMs will result in editing etc)

Andy is right, there is no moderating problems as it stands.

Soldato
Maybe they got confused with the "no talking about mods in the console section" :D
Anyway i feel this sub fourm seems to be a much better place than say a year or so ago, you get the old trollish comment, but its not way as bad as it has been. I have noticed that more people are getting away with competitor info/ hints but i thought that was just a more leniant approach.

Don
TBH, looking through the first page of the RTM forum, most RTMs are dealt within minutes rather than hours. If anything we have plenty of more capacity to deal with RTMs - we just need more users to report posts (not that all RTMs will result in editing etc)

Andy is right, there is no moderating problems as it stands.

Sorry but there are mod issues. If you stick your fingers in your ears not everything goes away.

It's not a really big issue though, the 'community' here in the console sub section mainly selff moderate, but that's mainly because we have too. There is a lack of mod presence within Consoles. Active mods. I haven't seen Werewolf or Jedi post in these sections for a long time.

Fanboys are rife (though it amuses me watching them argue), competitor hints are being dropped all over the place, there has been mod (as in modification) talk in some threads and so forth and so forth.

Again not a huge problem, but there is a problem in my eyes.

Caporegime
RTM's should only be half of moderation in my experience. It wouldn't hurt to have a don actively posting/participating in this board, it helps to get to know the posters and posting mentality on the board when it comes to diffusing situations. Now obviously I wouldn't expect a don who has no interest in gaming to start doing that so why not appoint another who does?

Man of Honour
The RTM's get sent in, that's what the thread was raised. Wyrdo has sent in RTM's which haven't been actioned.

They have though, all RTMs in the last 2 weeks bar one have been actioned; and that last one didn't warrant any action. To say RTMs aren't being dealt with is simply untrue.

As for active moderating, Jedifragger is still actively moderating as the mod log proves.

Back
Top Bottom