Where are our mods?

Soldato
OP
So sod off you brown nosers and enjoy the community.

ags

lol

Believe me, some of us have been here a long time, before OcUK stocked consoles and these competitor rules were enforced in the console section. Unfortunately they're the rules so abide by them.

I'm not saying I agree with them either but it's been argued to death in the past and isn't going to change any time soon. I was suspended for a week at the time trying to argue the point and the consoles section got closed.

I happen to enjoy coming to this forum and don't want to see it get closed again or have to see threads get closed or deleted because people can't follow simple rules.

Last edited:
Caporegime
So sod off you brown nosers and enjoy the community.

ags

:rolleyes:

The reason people pull you up on it, is because the console section was closed for a long period of time because of the constant rule breaks in regards to game links and shops.

It's not brown nosing it's just people that don't want to see the section closed again and maybe for longer or for good.

Soldato
I'm not arguing the point of the rule what so ever, I used to mod the WCUK forum and trust me, that got a nightmare for the same reason.

It's just the pedantic and annoying people that have to complain about something so insignificant so they can feel important which then in turn causes more of a problem than what there was before.

Grinds my gears it does.

As for the mario game... Classic lol

ags

EDIT: if the mods saw it was getting out of hand again, I am sure they would take appropriate action, as for this thread, it has probably sent alarm bells which is now going to make the mods do worse than just give a few polite warnings.

Permabanned
I think balanced moderating is best, this is place of fun not a nazi camp, leave the strict moderating to MM and select on going threads like the picture thread in GD for example.

I have to agree with this. I don't get why 'normal' members get so uptight about rule breaks, IMO, just stop trying to be moderators and let the moderators do their jobs.

Soldato
OP
It's just the pedantic and annoying people that have to complain about something so insignificant so they can feel important

Not sure if you're aiming that at me but that's the last reason I started this thread or why I RTM posts that are breaking the rules as you'll see from my previous post.

Soldato
Not sure if you're aiming that at me but that's the last reason I started this thread or why I RTM posts that are breaking the rules as you'll see from my previous post.

Not at you mate, just in general. If it was such a serious rule break, the mods would have actioned, but to create threads about it is a little much as it just causes hassle.

But overall is what I'm getting at, this single thread doesn't justify my post. So don't take my opinion/rant to heart :)

ags

Soldato
Needs to be strict and firm. There are a few people who are always getting other people's back up in the console section. I know who they are and would be willing to kick their backside off this forum!

you know who you are and i'm watching you.

Soldato
Needs to be strict and firm. There are a few people who are always getting other people's back up in the console section. I know who they are and would be willing to kick their backside off this forum!

haha,
1AF223_1.jpg

Don
Kreeee and I report anything unsavoury to the Dons. RTM don't come to the UB's, our powers are limited, we just help out the Dons basically.

Wyrdo what have you reported and I'll get it looked into.

Caporegime
A regular gaming forumite needs to be made moderator tbh, someone that already spends most of their time here.

too many of the regulars would spend all thier time editing posts that go against thier favourite console/game/.series etc though while letting others that support them pass.

Caporegime
too many of the regulars would spend all thier time editing posts that go against thier favourite console/game/.series etc though while letting others that support them pass.

I don't think they would though, there's plenty of posters here who are mature enough not to do that. We manage it in the sports forum just fine where if anything the rivalry is far greater.

Soldato
I don't understand the need to hint at or say the competitor when trying to indicate to other members that the game is available for x amount of money.

Those that really care about saving every single penny they can on a game will know the best places to check. Those that want to ensure they get the game on or before the release date know the places to order at. They know the best 'deals' websites out there. Everyone knows about the above - if they don't then their interest probably isn't in getting the cheapest offer at that moment in time. Those that do, and are interested in the cheapest offer, will probably be able to identify themselves standing in a queue outside a supermarket at five to midnight. ;)

Caporegime

:( How am I gonna get to sleep tonight when I know theres a 'monster' waiting for me :(

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Moderators do their best, but imagine the volume of posts across a forum this size and trying to monitor it all - especially since they aren't getting paid for it (most don't work for OCUK remember).

All we can do is RTM and try to defuse situations ourselves and tell people they are breaking the rules.

Soldato
All we can do is RTM and try to defuse situations ourselves and tell people they are breaking the rules.

Hit the nail right on the head. Most of us are mature enough to know when something is wrong, the rules are pretty clear. All things considered, I think it runs quite well. I've reported a few posts over my time here, and most have been dealt with.

If it aint broke, don't fix it:D

Soldato
Hit the nail right on the head. Most of us are mature enough to know when something is wrong, the rules are pretty clear. All things considered, I think it runs quite well. I've reported a few posts over my time here, and most have been dealt with.

If it aint broke, don't fix it:D

I RTM a heck of a lot of stuff, but also warn people they are posting competitors / swearing / oversized signatures / fighting / whatever else.

If they choose to ignore my warning would prefer moderators to step in rather than edit their post then that's their choice. Everyone makes mistakes, moderators know that we are human and the odd swear word might creep in, or we might mention a competitor purely by accident.

Some people take the biscuit though. If I am going to post a video (you tube for example) I will make certain to watch it all first. You don't know if it is going to go through masses of swearing or someone getting their head ripped off if you don't check. If everyone double checked stuff before posting it then a lot of issues would be cut down.

Back
Top Bottom