Where's the QHD 144hz Smart Money at?

Soldato
Nah, I went the Dell route mate. Regardless, it's good to know that folks are hitting the level they need within their budget. That's why I posed the original question as per thread title. :cool:

Yeah that dell is also a great gaming monitor its just personally i can't go with a TN panel again.

Soldato
How's the monitor dude?

Only got it plugged in last night and haven't really had time to play around with it yet.

It's fantastic! Coming from the HP ZR24w (IPS 60hz) to the Dell is a massive step up in many ways (the HP was almost exactly 9 years old according to the manufacture date).

Tried to do the Nvidia settings for the Free Sync to work and I think I've got it going. Tested it briefly with Carmageddon and Civ 6 and the refresh rates were correct but Arma 3 appears to be stuck at 60hz.

Permabanned
OP
Only got it plugged in last night and haven't really had time to play around with it yet.

It's fantastic! Coming from the HP ZR24w (IPS 60hz) to the Dell is a massive step up in many ways (the HP was almost exactly 9 years old according to the manufacture date).

Tried to do the Nvidia settings for the Free Sync to work and I think I've got it going. Tested it briefly with Carmageddon and Civ 6 and the refresh rates were correct but Arma 3 appears to be stuck at 60hz.
I just reinstalled Arma 3, I'll have a mess about and see what it does with me.

Associate
Soldato
How is the new LG 32GK850F monitor? I will be looking to order one this week as i am going from a 24" TN 144Hz panel to this 32" VA 144Hz panel.
Hoping to take advantage of Freesync.

Hi

Its fantastic mate i had a 4K 60hz VA panel before i bought this but the LG is in another league gaming wise.I soon as i turned it on and set it to 144Hz with Freesync 2 enabled i could instantly feel and see the difference its just super smooth.

I am playing DIRT 2 at the moment and what a difference it has made to this game, it has certainly improved my overall gaming experience and enjoyment at the same time.

Monitor has no BLB or dead pixels and it seems very well built i am really struggling to find anything bad to say about it.

I think you will be pleased with it mate.

Soldato
Just fired it up for 5 minutes and I'm hitting variable rates on gsync compatibility mode between 60 to 120 fps.

Hmm, well I'm not sure what's up at the moment then.

In the Nvidia panel I have G-Sync/Compatible enabled for Full Screen, Enabled settings for the selected display turned on (but a bubble icon underneath saying 'Selected display is not validated G-Sync compatible').

Under Manage 3D settings V-Sync is On. Using the Dell driver.

**Edit**

Well I've fixed things. Wondered if having everything set to Ultra within the settings was having an affect on the max 60fps. Changed down to medium settings instantly the on screen framerate counter shot up to 155. Set things back to Ultra and it's working perfectly now.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi
Its fantastic mate i had a 4K 60hz VA panel before i bought this but the LG is in another league gaming wise.I soon as i turned it on and set it to 144Hz with Freesync 2 enabled i could instantly feel and see the difference its just super smooth.
I am playing DIRT 2 at the moment and what a difference it has made to this game, it has certainly improved my overall gaming experience and enjoyment at the same time.
Monitor has no BLB or dead pixels and it seems very well built i am really struggling to find anything bad to say about it.
I think you will be pleased with it mate.

Cheers. The LG 32GK850F monitor is arriving tomorrow. Currently playing The Division 2 with all settings maxed out. So partnered with the Radeon 7 i am hoping for an improved experience too. Then there is BFV to experience at 1440p with Freesync 2...

Associate
This LG 32GK850F is the monitor I was looking to buy, however reading some of the issues with VA panels put me off. How is it for gaming? I have read that if your gpu is unable to keep fps at 100 or above then you will see a smearing effect? Interested to know if you see such issues especially with the Radeon 7 as this is the combo i was looking to purchase.

Associate
This LG 32GK850F is the monitor I was looking to buy, however reading some of the issues with VA panels put me off. How is it for gaming? I have read that if your gpu is unable to keep fps at 100 or above then you will see a smearing effect? Interested to know if you see such issues especially with the Radeon 7 as this is the combo i was looking to purchase.

Of the several VA panels I tried, the 32GK850F showed the least amount of pixel latency artifacts. Most noticeable is when you pan the camera in dark scenes, usually manifesting as a purple trail behind dark objects. It can also happen in brighter scenes involving small changes in pixel colour, like clouds.
Due to overdrive on freesync monitors being fixed, the lower the refresh rate, the worse the overshoot. Truth be told, it didn't bother me! But, I tried three of them and all had faults so I give up! I still recommend it though for anyone looking for 32" as the first two actually had good panels with the best black uniformity I've seen on a monitor!

Back
Top Bottom