Who else has preordered Octopath travlers!

Soldato
About 13 hours in and I have all 8 characters and I am going to start their level 2 stories in the same order as I got them - well I was going to but I've just noticed that H'aanit's level 2 is recommended 27 and I am 10 levels light of that.

I am going to roll with H'aanit, Cyrus, Olberic and Ophilia. I'd like to get Primrose, Tressa or Alfyn in there but I can't choose everyone! I imagine I am going to have to rotate some skills in and out anyway when things get tougher.

Soldato
Ouch well I am way under level so going to have to grind a bit. It's quite fun carrying under level chars through harder mob fights, at least they level up pretty quickly.

Caporegime
I made a decision the other day in the game. All chapter 2's are done and about half my party is over lvl 30 with 2 of them either at lvl 40 or very close.

The other half...low to mid 20s. Meaning there is a big gap of power, skill, stats etc. I ended up like this by keeping mostly the same 3 characters and just swapping one member out to complete their chapter 2.

So I've changed out the 3 members I can change (all except the protagonist) - for the 3 lowest out of the 8 to grind them up and bring the whole party level average up. So it's a bit more balanced when attempting the chapter 3s

Soldato
Enjoying this so far but I am completely lost after I completed chapto 1 with Cyrus. I haven't got a clue where I am on the world map so I am wondering aimlessly. Can someone tell me how or what to look for on the world map so I know where I am?

Soldato
Head for the things that are highlighted on your map. Hover cursor over them to see which towns they are. Press A on road signs to pick your direction. You'll figure it out :)

Soldato
I am gonna go back on this over the weekend. I enjoyed it but found myself getting annoyed with random encounters. Travelling places is damn annoying when you end up in a fight every two seconds. Does it increase frequency in order to get your characters up to level?

Seems a bit excessive

Caporegime
It's a built in mechanic to make you level up. Takes the effort out of grinding when you know you HAVE to fight when travelling.

But there is a skill the scholars learn called evasive manuveres. Reduces it drastically

Man of Honour
I am gonna go back on this over the weekend. I enjoyed it but found myself getting annoyed with random encounters. Travelling places is damn annoying when you end up in a fight every two seconds. Does it increase frequency in order to get your characters up to level?

Seems a bit excessive

Are you running everywhere?

My only problem with the frequency of the random encounters is that it makes the game too easy as you are always over levelled.

Soldato
It's a built in mechanic to make you level up. Takes the effort out of grinding when you know you HAVE to fight when travelling.

But there is a skill the scholars learn called evasive manuveres. Reduces it drastically

I equip/un-equip this skill based on whether I want to level or get to another area with minimum battles.

Soldato
Soldato
So - Octopath. Are you guys enjoying it? I've always found JRPGs a little tough to get on with due to all the random encounters, but can live with that if the rest of it is good!

Back
Top Bottom