Who here owns a Fiesta ST?

Soldato
Just rang my local dealer and no outstanding recall of the etis site but says there is one on the check mot site, lol all very odd. The guy did say that it was for the 1.6 eco boost engine on the normal fiestas but not the st's.

Caporegime
Just rang my local dealer and no outstanding recall of the etis site but says there is one on the check mot site, lol all very odd. The guy did say that it was for the 1.6 eco boost engine on the normal fiestas but not the st's.

Normal Fiestas never got the 1.6 EcoBoost engine so he's talking crap. It's amazing that people can work with these cars/in dealers day in day out and still be clueless.

Associate
Agree about the dealers being clueless, my local ford dealer did not know what the mountune kit was when i was in inquiring about an ST a couple of years back.
I walked, straight away... not making a circa 20k purchase when the sales person knows less than a monkey.

Caporegime
Killer has the PremiumContact 6 so he may be able to offer some insight to them! I loved my CSC5 and was annoyed they don't do the CSC6 in our size so I've just stuck with Eagle F1A3.

Tried them in the wet for the first time, good traction from a standstill, TC light didn't flash up at all and I did some fairly quick launches. Impressed so far.

Associate
Hi guys

Been after one of these cars for ages, finally my astra 2002 ( served me well ) has died.

Seen a few with about 20k on the clock and about 13k in price ( 2016 1 year manufacture warranty left ), from local dealer.

Is that a good price?

Also been looking at the 1.0 red edition, not sure what to go for, off out for a test drive tomorrow :)

Soldato
Hi guys

Been after one of these cars for ages, finally my astra 2002 ( served me well ) has died.

Seen a few with about 20k on the clock and about 13k in price ( 2016 1 year manufacture warranty left ), from local dealer.

Is that a good price?

Also been looking at the 1.0 red edition, not sure what to go for, off out for a test drive tomorrow :)

Make sure you get the ST. ST-2 maybe with extras or ST-3 you won't regret it. As for price seems about right from a dealer. Recently spent £10600 32k miles 14 plate ST-3 3 weeks ago with 6 months warranty for reference.

Associate
Disklok and obd move.. factor that in to costs. It's essential if you go keyless.

I asked the sales guy about that and he gave me the " ford have the best security system blah and if anyone wants your car they will take it"

Which to be fair is what ive read but ive ordered the obd port replacement already ( even if i dont get one) and will get a disklok for when its at work and on the drive........thats if i buy it, as i said im a bit paranoid and something is just telling me to be sensible and maybe get a 4k car which may last a few years, but ive wanted one for so long, got the cash put up etc.

Soldato
I asked the sales guy about that and he gave me the " ford have the best security system blah and if anyone wants your car they will take it"

Which to be fair is what ive read but ive ordered the obd port replacement already ( even if i dont get one) and will get a disklok for when its at work and on the drive........thats if i buy it, as i said im a bit paranoid and something is just telling me to be sensible and maybe get a 4k car which may last a few years, but ive wanted one for so long, got the cash put up etc.
Which is true but they will need a grinder and a lot of hassle. I use the disklok everywhere. If you want it that bad get even better security. Look into autowatch ghost. Around £399 fitted, a lot of Fiestas have them and that with the above will pretty much stop it. The disklok alone is a great deterent though, glance in your window and chances are they will move to an easier one.

Caporegime
Normally I'd say buy a cheaper one and save your money but 2016 cars have a stiffer rear torsion bar so they could play about with the spring rates which makes the car much less fussy and bouncy.

An ST-2 can have most of the options the ST-3 has do don't rule them out.

I use a disklok and took the fuse out for the odb port. No one has tried their luck on mine yet.

Soldato
Gone abit mad lately, had the car less than a month and i've just gone ham buying loads of bits.

Currently fitted:
ITG Induction
Peron Stage 1+
Full lowline splitter kit
Cubby hole filler/wheel gel badge/ST colour change gel badges
OBD relocation
Disklok
Wind Deflectors(but broke one so removed)

On Route:
Vudu short shifter
Vudu Rear engine mount
Gel Plates
GFB DV+
Gear knob black cover

Noticing a pretty loud clunk sound from the passenger side feels like the suspension hitting the top mount or something at times on uneven road.. not 100% sure what it is but its annoying me

Last edited:
Associate
Wow, you are not hanging around. My son is arranging to get the MP215 upgrade done at the moment. My wife went out for the first time with him and she got scared!! Too quick for her!

Back
Top Bottom