Who here owns a Fiesta ST?

Soldato
I found that the strut brace on mine made the car a little skitish on bumpy roads, this was when I had the charger fitted mind you.

I may get another at some point but I'm trying to resist the urge to not spend any money on the car at the moment :p

It's difficult when I don't even like the pro race 3's anymore!

Soldato
OP
Nice looking cars, what are these like in the real world compared to a Civic Type R (EP3) or a Clio 182??

Not as fast on the corners from standard but a lot more of a practical car for every day use imo. I did want a Civic type R but i am glad i got the ST as it is just right for the job i do.

Also can get silly figures from a ST with some money thrown into the car.

A guy who goes by the name of Kaxe on FordfiestaST was pushing 350BHP from his Fiesta ST. Silly mad figures for such a little car! Though he as now sold it and bought a new RS.

Soldato
Likin' those KSport brakes. Been looking into some of those for the Supra. How you finding them?

Can't fault them. I'm running standard KSport pads and the stopping power is immense, good from cold and they just get better and better the hotter they get. Theres a slight squeal on really light braking but I think this is down to the fact that the ST isn't exactly a heavy car and so I'm practically stroking the pedal to stop in traffic.

Very progressive, not on/off like the brembo setup I had on before and when pads/disks wear out you can use AP items afterwards :)

Wish I had gone for the slightly smaller kit though, yes 8 pots are amazing but for a ST they are slightly overkill :p and I'm limited to what wheels I can run now, can't even fit standards back on :(

Regarding comparing it to the Clio and Civic, the ST's power runs out higher up in the rev range. The mountune 185 kit gives it some extra punch higher up in the rev range.

Last edited:
Soldato
Focus RS splitter in gloss black (this is the 20mm wider version)
DSCF0009.JPG

Custom rear valance in gloss black
DSCF0012.JPG

Associate
Just read the other ST thread floating around on here recently and it would appear that the sort of question I asked opens up a huge can of worms, lol.

Gonna try and get a test drive on a ST this weekend.
Driven a Type-R but the root the guy took me on was crap and there was too much traffic so didn't really get a good impression of the car.
And it seems impossiable to find a Clio 182 forsale at a dealers in Edinburgh so I can actually go and drive one. Couple of 172's, but not interested in them.

Looking at changing from a Honda Civic Sport (1.6). Love the way mine drives (been lowered etc) but want something more powerful now insurance is decent.

All cars can be had for about 4k, but the ST seems so much better on insurance (its 1k cheaper than a Type-R for me) and for my age (only 19) seems a much more realistic option.

Anything I should look out for on the test drive of a ST?

Soldato
It's difficult when I don't even like the pro race 3's anymore!

You don't like the Pro Race 3's? :eek:

Fancy a trade plus cash for some O.Z. Superturismos? :p

I'd probably need bigger brakes though to make them look good. Hehe!

It's amazing what simple mods like spraying the plastics black, lowering and a good offset can do to the cars looks.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
james how often do you find your self respraying the plastics? Heard they chip real easy?

Lovely looking ST you got there! Though it as the wrong ST forum sticker logo :p

Soldato
Hmm what ET are the OZ? Got any pictures of what they look like on your car?

Forgive my ignorance but what's the ET?

Only picture i have is on my old car. They probably need a refurbish and a bit of love and care as they are a few years old now.

screenshot20110707at113.png

Soldato
They chip stupidly easily and i've tried so many different ways of painting them.

First attempt was just primer and satin black from halfords, looks great, still had the plastic texture but that chipped really easily.

Then tried gloss black with lacquer which held up a bit longer however sadly still chipped and cracked. Most notability the upper grill which I've still got sitting at home.

This time I've tried hammerite satin black and so far, touch wood, it's been great. Still used primer but because hammerite is quite thick, it smooths over the texture too which is a bonus.

The ET is how far the wheels sit in the arches :)

The standard ST wheels are ET52, mine are ET38 which means they sit further out, filling the arches better and also giving me much needed brake clearance. It should be stamped on the inside of the wheel somewhere.

Last edited:
Soldato
Likin' those KSport brakes. Been looking into some of those for the Supra. How you finding them?

K-Sports get really good write ups on the MLR but I can't get past the fact that their brand just sounds and looks really tacky and cheap.

It's probably just me, maybe its the logo or the lairy colours they come in, and to me "K Sport" just sounds a bit tacky and Ripspeed-esque, but if I was dropping £1k plus on calipers, performance aside, I'd want them to look the business too.

Soldato
Only a few pics I took on my phone when picking the car up, so they're not amazing. Eventually I'll get round to a write-up and some better pictures for you all.

iYRbsl.jpg

fjs6Ol.jpg

w2876l.jpg

Third time lucky on getting the photos loaded okay! Used to using my own hosting for this stuff!

Last edited:
Soldato
The ET is how far the wheels sit in the arches :)

The standard ST wheels are ET52, mine are ET38 which means they sit further out, filling the arches better and also giving me much needed brake clearance. It should be stamped on the inside of the wheel somewhere.

Ahhh, thought as much.

I think it's pretty much the same as the standard wheels. Not like the crazy off set of your PR3s. :p

I really want to spray my plastics but from what you're saying it doesn't seem like it's worth it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom