Who here owns a Fiesta ST?

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
I do like the stripes, but I think blue stripes with black/anthracite wheels will look a little daft.
perhaps if I miss them I could get some black/grey ones put on.

Soldato
I got a quote of just over £900 fully comp with admiral through the price comparison websites.

20 years old,
3 years no claims,
Both parents on policy as named drivers,
£450 voluntary excess,
Estimated 13,000 miles,
B postcode parked on drive

Associate
22years old with no no-claims
aviva got me at £860 with my mum added to the policy. the car is in a very secure garage and then in a garage when at work. Only mod is an induction kit. 8000 miles a year, but that's beacuse i've had it about 2 months now. in a normal full year it's around 18,000 miles.

Soldato
Put your mum on the policy with her stated as having access to another vehicle, that's probably what's causing the difference.

Soldato
Not at all, my mum's on the policy but will likely never drive the car. You won't ever have to justify why somebody like a parent is on the policy as long as you're not fronting.

Associate
good drop, yeah my mum's on my policy and will never drive my car, so no need to worry about that with insurance. she has bad luck, 3 non-fault accidents in the past 5 years and the earlier this year someone crashed into the side of her parked car in a shopping centre car park.

Soldato
Mine's £680 or so, aged 25 with 3 years NCB, 9k per annum with business use, with all mods (Mountune, diff, suspension etc) declared via Greenlight.

Just ordered some of that plastidip stuff, and some gel badge overlays, figured I would try out a few things with the exterior....will post pics when completed :)

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Just ordered some of that plastidip stuff, and some gel badge overlays, figured I would try out a few things with the exterior....will post pics when completed :)

looking forward to seeing it, what badge colours have you gone for?

I have a question for everyone. I am currently insured with Direct Line for my Ford Ka. I pay monthly and my insurance is only third party, fire and theft. If I was to get the Fiesta I'm looking at, would that mean I have to have it on the third party insurance until it runs out in November.

Also seeing as I pay monthly if I add my mum/dad to my policy do you think it will reduce my monthly payments a bit? :p

I doubt it, each insurer will no doubt be different.
I have never had anyone else on my policies but if it works for you then go for it.
would suggest demanding fully comp for your fiesta though as it will likely be around the £5k+ value mark so its worth having it completely covered.

in most instances, I have found that fully comp is cheaper on my car than 3rd party fire and theft.

Soldato
Received the new washer jets today from Ford, they are from the new 2011+ MK3 Focus and have a spray type pattern compared to the fiestas' two jets per washer type. I had been told they fitted the MK2 focus but wasn't sure about the fiesta but thought sod it, lets try.

IMAG0038.jpg

Well, they are a perfect fit for the standard items and they work! The spray is just below the half way line on the windscreen which I suppose is down to the focus having a more angled windscreen perhaps? But they look a darn sight better than the standard ones, especially when one of the jets shoots off into the distance haha and after having spray ones before, picky I know, I hate the jets with a passion.

Cost me £6.72 for both inc VAT from Ford - Part number: 1708796

I went for the non heated versions.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yep simple as that.

Pop the bonnet, slide the standard washer back slightly and you'll feel it begin to come loose
Pop it out and disconnect the washer hose from it
Push the new one into place and connect the hose back up, took 2 mins max!

Associate
Im with Brentacre. Costs me £1400 a year with another named driver (female)
Im 24 5yrs and 4yrs ncb and all mods declared.
It doesnt help where I live though. Its also looking like its going to go up next year.

Soldato
looking forward to seeing it, what badge colours have you gone for?

I've got some carbon/chrome overlays from a mate who planned to put them on his zetec s but sold the car instead, and the ones I ordered last night are blue/black.

The black plastidip will do the triangles and other plastics by the door mirrors (they're looking a bit tired and not as dark as the rest of the plastics I have sprayed black).

I have a spare 'st' tailgate badge too, so ill try the plastidip on that, see how black badges rather than chrome will look! Everything on my car is dark (wheels, tints, plastics, smoked side repeaters etc) so a change to the badges might look good. Am hoping it will toughen up the look of the car in the same way the de-chromed parts (grills and badges) work on a BMW or VW.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom