Who here owns a Fiesta ST?

Associate
I own an ST, vroom vroom... Has all the usual mods, Piper exhaust, induction, lowering springs blah blah. To the guy with the strut brace and standard air box, do you not find that the airbox bangs against the bar when accelerating / engine rocking back in lower gears? I had this for ages until I replaced it with a PiperX filter.

@JamesM, I'd seen your post on FSTOC, the washer jet idea looks pretty smart I must admit. How much were the heated ones out of interest? If they're not too much more than the standard ones then it might be worth getting them and making a custom loom so they come on with heated rear screen. If they're silly money then sod it tbh.

ffsh.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Nope. No problems with knocking at all. It's an E-Tech strut brace if that makes any difference.

All these ST's i've seen over on SToC and they're posters on here too! :D

Just got my wind deflectors on today. Liking them a lot.

Want those washer jets! That's a much better idea.

Soldato
Received the new washer jets today from Ford, they are from the new 2011+ MK3 Focus and have a spray type pattern compared to the fiestas' two jets per washer type. I had been told they fitted the MK2 focus but wasn't sure about the fiesta but thought sod it, lets try.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-TU8pEhABX20/Thwv8gp3_9I/AAAAAAAAAIA/L7aDM1oREYQ/s800/IMAG0038.jpg

Well, they are a perfect fit for the standard items and they work! The spray is just below the half way line on the windscreen which I suppose is down to the focus having a more angled windscreen perhaps? But they look a darn sight better than the standard ones, especially when one of the jets shoots off into the distance haha and after having spray ones before, picky I know, I hate the jets with a passion.

Cost me £6.72 for both inc VAT from Ford - Part number: 1708796

I went for the non heated versions.

Great idea... will be ordering a pair of those!

Soldato
Afraid I don't know the prices of the heated items although I can't imagine them being that much more? Then again this is Ford we are talking about here :p

Not sure how the heated ones would work though as the water in the pipes would have been frozen too I would have thought?

My price was including £1.50 postage too by the way.

Trying to route the Mountune CAIS cold air feed to my fog light (I never use them!) but the pipe is slightly too small. Need to find out how long it is so I can order a longer item but stuck at work all day :(

Last edited:

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
got my gel overlays today. silly question...

do they just go over the top of the oem badges?
any specific way to apply them?

would have thought they would come with some kind of instructions or something :rolleyes:

Soldato
They should have a little fluorescent sticker on the bag you got them in with instructions.

Clean the surface of the old badge with white spirit to get it proper clean, warm up the gel overlay with your hands or leave it on the dash in the sun for a few minutes just to warm it up a bit. Stick them on and rub them flat.

Job done. My front badge hasn't stuck on so well because of my haste and excitement so do make sure it's very clean before putting the sticker on.

Soldato
OP
got my gel overlays today. silly question...

do they just go over the top of the oem badges?
any specific way to apply them?

would have thought they would come with some kind of instructions or something :rolleyes:

Yes mate.

My ford badges was a bit rough so i sanded mine down carefully, then cleaned the badge's with window cleaner, then applied the new gel overlays. Once you have them on nice and straight, rub them fast so the friction from rubbing them warms them up till you hand starts burning.

Then take some pics and show us.

Soldato
OP
Well i have just ordered a full alloy wheel repair kit for £25. Got quoted £300+ to have my wheels refurbed and powder coated white.

May as well have a crack at it my self and if i do mess it up ill just get them done properly. Don't fancy splashing out £300+ though on getting the wheels to look tidy, as i might end up just selling my car on a friday and picking a white ST up on a weekend. Keep checking pistonheads/autotrader and i do think it will happen lol.

Back
Top Bottom