Who here owns a Renaultsport?

Soldato
Hi,

I'll be looking to purchase a 182 CUP or 182 with CUP packs around May/June next year when I turn 21. I'll be getting rid of the L-reg corsa which was given to me :p done just over 52k which isn't bad but it's time for a change!

Having come from a car with little to no luxuries I've settled on the 182 as it has cruise control, air con etc and I find the aesthetics in regards to the exhausts more appealing over the 172.

I have a few questions hopefully you could answer:

Cup Packs:

There are 2 afaik. One is the suspension/handling pack? and the other is a visual pack?

What does the visual pack include? Lower splitter? Spoiler? Darker Wheels? anything else? No change to the interior?

Now I just read on page 10 or so that somebody recommended getting the 182 FF with cup packs as opposed to the 182 CUP. Does the 182 CUP not have cruise control and air con etc?

I have the cash to stretch into the trophy range but am anxious in regards to the difference in maintenance costs compared to the 182/CUP. I know they have different dampers. Is there anything to watch out for that could potentially bite me in the arse when buying a trophy. I really like the recaro's but hopefully can find a 182 with these in.

I'm looking to pick up an example of either 182FF CUP packs, 182CUP, 182Trophy with around or sub 40k on the clock. I know there is a belt change at around 36k. How much is negotiable off the price on an example that hasn't had this already done?

Thanks for any help!

Benny C

Last edited:
Associate
If your looking at a 182 one thing to remember is there two type (Trophy excepted)
There the 182 (with the cup spoiler and suspension packs) this has climate leather seats (well part) and xenon’s etc. This is sometimes called the full fat on here its not anything official just the name the forum often uses.

Then there’s the 182 Cup this has both suspension and spoiler/splitter packs as standard but doesn't have the leather seats xenon’s or climate (air con instead).

The presence of Cup was symbolised by the darker coloured wheels but since some cars had the wheels swapped at dealers and aftermarket swaps and since the wheels bar the colour where the same then its impossible to be certain by looking at the wheels if it has the pack then only way to be sure is to turn the front wheels and measure the hub bolt spacing from the centre of one bolt to the other.

60mm means you have the cup suspension pack
54mm means you don't have the cup suspension pack

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&t=641811&i=0

Soldato
Thanks for that redeye_uk.

So I'll be sure to measure and double check that they aren't telling porky pies! And then I can obviously just use my eyes to spot the visual cup pack.

Full Fat seems to be what I'm after. Be nice to be sat being a set of xenon's as opposed the incredibly awful candles I'm sat behind at current.

Is the Trophy the same as a 182 FF with CUP packs or a 182 CUP? in regards to air con over climate control, half leather seats and xenon's?

Last edited:
Soldato
Trophy is based on the 182 Cup. It has Recaro seats, V6 boot spoiler (i think) and sachs dampers, otherwise I think its the same as the 182 cup. It only comes in Capsicum Red and was a limited run of 500.

Last edited:
Associate
And compared with the regular 182, the Trophy gains Recaro sports seats, unique paint and Trophy livery as well as lightweight alloys and a rear spoiler borrowed from the Clio V6.

Changes under the skin are more dramatic, though. The Trophy's suspension is based on that of the Cup, but is lowered by 10mm thanks to shorter springs. The dampers are truly special, too. Developed by Sachs Race Engineering for competition cars, the front units cost 10 times as much as the regular 182's units. That high price is due to a remote reservoir which holds nearly half of the damper's oil and gas. This remote reservoir allows a thicker damper rod to be fitted which, along with a new hydraulic bump stop, lengthens suspension travel and reduces body roll and yaw.

Although from the pics I dont see a diff in the spoilers between Trophy and FF Cup.

Soldato
So the Trophey is based on the regular 182, which is Full Fat. So I would assume has CC, xenons etc.

Just trying to warant the extra cost between a Trophy and 182FF CUP Packs.

Obviously better handling, those lovely Recaro's and dampers. Though those dampers sound like they could be an expensive item to have to maintain/repair? I know little about cars so correct my lack of knowledge if need be.

The cost of fitting Recaro's is £1400 according to this guide here:
http://www.cliomods.com/styling/fittingrecaros

I'm sure you've all seen it.

I may well find that I don't have any problems with the standard seats. However the utterly awful seats in the corsa become unbearable after a while and if cornering enthusiatically often find myself having struggle to stay into them. So might be something I could consider, I could just sort the drivers seat out.

I don't think I really warant the purchase of a Trophy or that I will be driving it hard enough to warant the extra cost and for some reason I prefer the more subtle look of a silver 182 with cup packs.

Soldato
There's a small amount on PH. Most of them do tend to be dark blue, the lighter blue or black. A few orange ones and then the very rare yellow too.

Would a panel filter need to be declared to insurance as a 'Modification'? technically it is, but doesn't really do anything, well very little, but just saves you on standard air filter bills?

I know it depends greatly on your insurance company, age and other factors but how did you find specific mods affecting your premium? No doubt the exhaust will go and aftermarket systems are cheaper than the renault originals so I hear but also increase performance so this is probaly something I can't avoid.

If you know and can remember could you post which mod you added and roughly how much it added onto your premium?

Soldato
So the Trophey is based on the regular 182, which is Full Fat. So I would assume has CC, xenons etc.

Just trying to warant the extra cost between a Trophy and 182FF CUP Packs.

Obviously better handling, those lovely Recaro's and dampers. Though those dampers sound like they could be an expensive item to have to maintain/repair? I know little about cars so correct my lack of knowledge if need be.

The cost of fitting Recaro's is £1400 according to this guide here:
http://www.cliomods.com/styling/fittingrecaros

I'm sure you've all seen it.

I may well find that I don't have any problems with the standard seats. However the utterly awful seats in the corsa become unbearable after a while and if cornering enthusiatically often find myself having struggle to stay into them. So might be something I could consider, I could just sort the drivers seat out.

I don't think I really warant the purchase of a Trophy or that I will be driving it hard enough to warant the extra cost and for some reason I prefer the more subtle look of a silver 182 with cup packs.

No its based on the 182 Cup and so has the same equipment as the Cup. No headlight washers, no xenons and air con rather than climate. Not sure if it has auto wipers and auto headlights.

Last edited:
Soldato
15" wheels on the Trophy as well guys, rather than the 17" on the Cup

The 182 Cup / Non Cup has 16" wheels, like the 172 mk2 ph2 and the rest of the Renaultsport Clio range.

The Trophy has 15" turnini's in anthracite grey. I think they are made by speedline for Renault.

The 172 Cup has 16" turnini's.

Last edited:
Soldato

Correct,

shameless plug of my FF 172 with Anthracite Turini 16"

dsc00660gyi.jpg

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
The 182 Cup / Non Cup has 16" wheels, like the 172 mk2 ph2 and the rest of the Renaultsport Clio range.

The Trophy has 15" turnini's in anthracite grey. I think they are made by speedline for Renault.

Trophy has 16inch Anthracite Turinis.

All 182s came with 16inch, all 172 phase 2s came with 16inch, phase 1 172s came with 15 inch OZ F1s.

Associate
OP
Think im going to sell my 182 soon.

Ive owned the Clio for approx 20months now, and had a 1.2 clio (same shape as my 182) for 18months before that so whilst the 182 is an all round excellent car i cant help but its soon time to move on.

Im really taken by the idea of a BMW 330 Coupe at the min. Marginally quicker than the 182 but im not overly bothered about that i fancy the BMW's rear wheel drive and 50/50 weight distribution coupled with german build quality and luxury.

Back
Top Bottom